Status: Hecho!

Falling From the Sky

Catorce

Jake grabbed my hand and pulled me away from the door. He placed his hands on my hips.

"Okay, where are your hands drawn to?" he asked.

"Uh..." I brought them up to his shoulders, lacing my fingers behind his neck.

"Okay, so just," he leaned down. I tilted my head up to him and our lips met. We moved awkwardly at first, but I figured out a rythym quickly enough. His hands moved up my back and I let mine slip into his hair. Jeez, we took to this easily.

A knock on the door sent us flying apart. I fidgeted anxiously as Jake pulled the door open. My face burned red as I saw Andy.

I looked down quickly as he looked back and forth between us for a second.

"Are we going?" he finally asked.

"Yeah dude, you guys ready?" Jake said casually.

"Yeah, come on." Andy said and stpped back towards the room. Jake looked at me and I headed out.

"Jamie, you have nothing to worry about." he whispered in my ear as I passed, causing my face to burn again.

I could've gone with them to the club since I was 18, but I chose not to. Andy had been looking at me weird since the little bathroom thing. I figured staying back would be an easy way to avoid him. Plus, dancing and all that wasn't particularly my scene.

I found myself wondering the hotel. I came upon a few windows with great views and a small arcade. Finally I stumbled up to the pool. I walked in the seperate room it was housed in. It was deserted. I sat at the foot of a lawn chair as I stared at the water. It wasn't humid or anything, but there was a stable smell of chlorine. It'd been a long time since I'd been swimming... I looked down at what I was wearing. I had changed into a gray v-neck and a pair of black shorts before I'd left the room. I pulled my hair back and tied it up before I made my way to the edge of the pool.

I walked over to the deep end and threw myself in. I floated back to the top slowly. I sat still for a second before taking a deep breath and plunging myself back under the water.

I wondered how long I could stay under for. I mean, it's physically impossible for someone to intentionally drown this way. The body's reflexes don't allow it. But how far could I push myself?

Ha!

Practically 10 seconds. Pathetic. But I liked it under there. I began swimming back and forth underwater; loving every second of it. I was vaugely aware of how bizarre my actions had been regarding this pool. Too bad I didn't care.

I pulled myself up to the side of the pool, holding onto the cement edge. I counted the drops of water that fell from my face.

"What are you doing?" a deep voice asked. I looked over my shoulder to see Andy walking to pool deck. His boots made an odd sound against the floor until he came to a stop. I just stared at him as I floated out into the water a little. I noticed the plastic, blue bracelet on his wrist.

"What happened?" I asked. He shrugged.

"I got bored. Could've gotten a drink if I really wanted but I wasn't in the mood. Besides, their playlist was crap." I laughed lightly as I leaned back. I floated on my back for a good two minutes, then I heard a muffle kind of jingle or shuffle. I looked up to see Andy sitting on the ground.

He was pulling off his boots; everything that'd been hanging off them making the noise that drew my attention. He pulled his socks off, then a couple of his necklaces. I watched him as he moved over to the edge of the pool and slipped in.

His head disappeared under the water and I watched as his dark mass moved towards me. His head popped up a good four feet away. His hair was all suck down. He wiped away the little eye make up he'd had on so it wouldn't smudge any more. We sat there for a few minutes, small splashes being the only sound.

"So, Jake told me." he said finally.

"What?" I asked as worry flooded me. This better not be what I thought it was.

"Jake talked to me about the bathroom."

"No, look Andy, it's not what you think, we-"

He started laughing, "How could it not be what I think? He told me. I mean... he told me he told you about me." he said, his ice blue eyes looking up at me. "And he admited to teasing you about me like... making a move on you or something." he smiled. "But I mean," he continued as he drifted towards me, "you don't have to worry about knowing how to kiss. I know you've never done that before. You told me once." he finished, stopping about a foot away from me. Oh thank God; Jake had kept our little experiment on the hush.

"Well, I can still worry about it." I mumbled as I moved to my left, holding myself up on the wall again.

"Why?" he asked moving closer.

"Because it bothers me."

"That you haven't kissed anyone?" Andy chuckled as he brought a hand to the cement on either side of me. He bobbed down so only his eyes were above the water. For a second I thought of what an amazing picture it's make.

"No, that if you kissed me I wouldn't know how to kiss you back. I sighed. I knew he'd been dragging me along, trying to get me to admit that.

He made a noise in his throat that kind of sounded like 'oh' as he came back up above water.

"So if I were to be this close to you, it'd make you nervous?" he whispered as he leaned in two inches from me. He watched my lips as they parted.

"Would it make you nervous?" I asked, throwing his words back at him. He was so close I could see the lines of his irises as he looked at me.

"Yes," he ansered simply.

"Why?" I asked, slightly taken aback by his answer.

"Because you make me crazy." he answered. "I look at you," he whispered as he pressed his forehead to mine, "and I feel small. Like you're so amazing and I'm the only one that knows."

I attacked his lips just as he finished his sentence. He held my face in his hands as I wrapped my arms around his neck. I could feel so much surging through our kiss that goosebumps crawled over my skin.

"I can't believe I waited a month to do that." Andy smiled against my lips.