Status: Somehow this feels complete although it's not the whole story. Might be added some more to it if I get the notion to.

What's Wrong?

Influenced

A few days later, Dawn and two of her older friends are driving to Elissa’s house. “She’s supposed to be having a sleepover with Ella and Liz while her parents are out.” “Oh ok.” Dawn says looking at the house as they drive slowly past with the lights off. “Are we gonna do a drive by or something?” Dawn asks sarcastically. Her friends look at each other and roll their eyes smiling. “Lets get out and knock on her window. But we gotta hide. They’re probably watching a movie.” They slip out the car door, Dawn hesitantly follows them to the side of Elissa’s house. Dawn hides and watches her friends try to see into the house while knocking on the windows. “I don’t think they are here…” Dawn says as she looks in from where she‘s standing. “Where could they be?” Her friend jumps up to see in the window.

Just then they hear a car drive up in front of the house and the headlights go out. Three girls walk out laughing and eating food. “Get down!” Dawns friend whispers as the girls walk up. “Where did they go?” Her friend whispered to her. “AHHH!” Dawns friend yells jumping out at Elissa and the other two. The girls scream and one of them drops the car keys. Dawn and her other friend walk out from behind the car. “Where were you??” Her friends ask. “We just went to Jacks.” Ella rolling her eyes says, eats a fry and shrugs. “Liz, you have your license?” “No, but I know how to drive.”Liz snaps. Elissa looks down at the ground. “Does your dad know you took the car, Elissa?” “No, but it’s not a big deal. At least we didn’t go out to buy beer or drugs.” Ella says starting towards the door. The girls walk in the house.

“Elissa knows better than that. If anything were to happen to them or her dads car…” Dawns friend says on their way to her house. “…” Dawn stays silent feeling like she doesn’t know who the person her best friend is anymore.

Dawn walks into her house, blank faced. “ She took her dads car with Ella and Liz.” She said to her mom. “What?” “ She took her dads car after he told her not to.” Dawn started crying because her friend was not the person she knew anymore. If she was being influenced to do things like that what else could she possibly be letting influence her? She didn’t want to think about it anymore. She went to her room and shut the door.