Status: Somehow this feels complete although it's not the whole story. Might be added some more to it if I get the notion to.

What's Wrong?

Leaving It Alone

That weekend, Dawn sits outside by herself at her friends house while all her friends were inside hanging out. ‘ I can’t deal with this anymore. I don’t know what to say to her and I don’t want the stress of worrying what these guys are tryna get from her. She’s not listening to anyone and obviously she doesn’t care if she hurts anyone trying to get attention this way.’ She gets up and goes in the house. Elissa sees her and walks up to her. Dawn looks at her and walks away. “I’m finished. I’m leaving.” she says as she walks out the door.

Dawn knew cutting the friendship so quick was stupid. She sometimes thinks ‘if only I was a better friend. If only there was something I could have done to protect her.’ But what could she have done but watch as her friend gave herself away to men who used women like toilet paper? She knew these men were just like the boys she had dated and wanted to protect her friend but Elissa wanted to experience it herself so she had to let her go. There were times when Dawn felt empty without her friend to laugh with her and be stupid but sometimes…just sometimes all you can do is let people go and let them make the mistakes on their own.