Status: I hate how I wrote this. I might completely rewrite this someday.

Stone Cold

Pre-Dance Madness

That numb, icy feeling that constantly haunted my being was back as I stood and looked at myself in the mirror. I shifted my weight to one leg, than another. Seeing me. In a dress. It was extremely unnerving. I felt naked with the unfamiliar clothing on. My eyes were dull, emotionless. As always.

"Oh honey, you look so nice!" My mother said, messing with my hair. I smacked her hand away. She pouted. "I've been waiting to see you in a dress for as long as I can remember! Let me savor this moment!"

I rolled my eyes and allowed to her to continue to mess with my appearence. She painted my nails a dark blue with cyan tips. She made up my face with light, pink shades of lipstick and blush. Glitter was sprinkled on my eyelashes.

I felt so out of place.

I felt like..

A barbie doll.

I tried not to let that get to me.

That only thing that remotely settles me are my crystal like eyes. They actually reflect what I'm feeling at the moment.

Lilliana jumped into my room. She leered at me in anger. "I still look prettier!" She yelled. I did not agree nor disagree. I did think of one word to describe her, and it was tramp. Her hot pink dress was extremely low cut, and her bra was obviously stuffed with some sort of material. Her heels made her look like a normal heighth fifteen year old, even if they were quite tall. Her make up was heavy and her hair stank of hairspray.

"If that's what you call pretty, you'll be dancing on a poll in no time." I muttered.

Lilliana looked as though I just slapped her, as to wipe the make up off her face.

"For all I know, you already do." I turned to meet her glare. Her face was suddenly lit up in horror and she ran from my room. Good, I gave up on trying to be nice to her long ago.

I sighed as I wiped a lot of the make up my mom applied to my face. I hated it. She would be disappointed, but Jace would like it if I went with him to the dance as me and not as a clown or someone else.

Ding-dong.

"Lydia!" My mother called. "Jace is here!"

I sighed and slowly walked downstairs to meet a frowning Jace. "Is it as horrible as I think it is?"

Jace suddenly smiled. "I'm just thinking about how many guys will be staring at you tonight."

I forced something that would resemble a smile.

Jace took it as a good thing.

I waved goodbye to my mom and bolted out the door with Jace. Lilliana, who was catching a ride with some friends or something, glared at us as we walked out the door. One glance at her from me made her gaze turn into a frightened one. Jace nudged me as we got into his car.

"She's going to make a fool of herself." I groaned.

"I know. But forget about her. Try to have fun." Jace said.

Fun? Forget? Was this boy TRYING to confuse me?

"Besides, it's just me and you tonight."

And 20,000 other people, Jace.

"Oh come one, atleast try to act like you're going to have a good time."

I forced something, once again, that almost resembled a smile and pushed the hair out of my face.

Suddenly, I was faced with the school doors, Jace on my arm.

"Ready?" Jace asked.

"As I'll ever be." I groaned.

Oh yeah, this would be fun.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment? Please?