Status: I hate how I wrote this. I might completely rewrite this someday.

Stone Cold

Trust Me

Whenever I heard the word 'dance', I immediately stopped listening to conversations. The same with romance, love, friend, and ,dare I say it, boyfriend. The words had always seemed meaningless to me. But my opinion changed when I walked in the doors to the dimly lit school with Jace, and those were the only words in my head.

"Are you okay?" Jace asked suddenly, his hand on mine.

"Yeah, why?" I replied.

"You're hands... they're... warm. It's different."

I'll admit, I was slightly taken aback. But my body temperature always seemed frigid. "You're just imagining things."

Jace flashed a winning smile. "Sure."

I finally looked around the cheaply paid for dance. There was Barbara, surrounded by girls looking like clowns, there was a DJ booth, a table with punch (there was also someone spiking the punch,) and...

Oh god.

My eyes land on the not so notorious Vince, and I regret it immediately. Something inside me stirs, but I quickly shut it up. I can feel my temperature go frigid again.

Vince was surrounded by girls, begging to dance with him. I rolled my eyes in disgust and Jace laughed. "C'mon," he said,"you should go over there and make those chicks jealous."

"I'd rather not approach them." I said blankly.

"Well I don't care. Go."

"Jace..."

"Lydia! For once in your life, have FUN!" Jace pushed me towards them.

I recoiled at his touch and backed up. "I don't want to create an uncomfortable situation."

"It won't. I'll just be funny! Trust me."

It was the final words that made me do it.

I took a deep breath, held my head high, and tried not to seem like I was afraid. I had no emotions as usual.

The chorus of girl's voices was soon replaced by snarls and whispers when I entered their little circle. I rolled my eyes as Vince's jaw dropped, but he quickly shut his mouth.

"Hi pretty boy." I scowled.

"Hell-o Lydia. What do I owe the pleasure?" Vince scoffed.

"Jace wants us to dance. Think of it as a dare."

"Well we better not make you look like a chicken."

Internally, I was surprised as he took my hand and led me to the dance floor.

Katie don't cry, I know,
You're trying your hardest,
and the hardest part is letting go of the nights we shared...


To my dismay, the song was a slow one. I sighed as Vince slithered his hands around my waist. He smirked. I glared. "Hey, it was your idea."

"No, it was Jace's." I said stoically.

"Well, let's give him a real show."

The hardest part of living is just taking breaths to stay...

My eyes froze in shock as Vince moved his lips onto mine.

Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Jace beet red. Vince's fan girls were dying. Literally. Some of them were fainting! I pushed Vince off my face.

"Why'd you do that?" I mumbled.

"Because. And besides, It might get the fan girls off my back for a bit."

I sighed. "I don't know why I should help you."

"Oh please, was it that awful?" Vince whined.

"Terrible." I laughed.

Vince stared at me. "Did you just laugh?"

I grimaced. "Oh, I guess I did."

"It was pretty. Do it again."

I stared at him quizzically. "Um... no."

Vince smirked. "Fine, I'll get you to laugh again... someday." And with that, he let go of me, leaving me a confused girl alone on the dance floor.

Without you I'll be miserable at best...
♠ ♠ ♠
Lyrics by Mayday Parade! (Miserable at Best.) Comment? I'm not going to be on Mibba much in the next two weeks or so, so I figured as a going away present, I'd update. Do you like it?