Status: updates when inspiration and free time collide.

Flash Photography

Downtown where the lost boys meet.

John.

Chace was playing his guitar parts perfectly at soundcheck, to be sure, but he kept eating… gummy bears throughout the entire soundcheck. It just kind of weirded me out. I mean, I couldn’t yell at him to focus more, because he was playing everything perfectly. Even the songs Kennedy had just taught him today.

“Can I have some?” Garrett asked Chace, looking at the bowl of gummy bears longingly. Chace reluctantly nodded, holding the bowl out to Garrett. Garrett took a handful and tossed them all into his mouth, chewing happily, then slowly, then stopping completely to look at Chace. Chace innocently popped another gummy bear in his mouth. “You’re the man,” Garrett said simply, giving Chace a hi-five while they both laughed and ate some more gummy bears.

We practiced some more, and then Chace went with Max to pick up his earpieces. Plus, the All Time Low guys needed to run through their soundcheck, too. “Garrett, I bequeath these to you,” Chace said melodramatically, placing the bowl of gummy bears in his arms.

“I’m gonna eat them all!” Garrett warned as Chace hopped off the stage, but Chace just waved goodbye and ran after Max.

“What’s so special about them?” I asked curiously, picking one up. It was a little bigger and squishier than normal, and it was rather…moist for some reason.

“Just eat it,” Garrett ordered, sharing with Kennedy and Pat. I waited for them to eat first before I did, and, like Garrett, they both laughed before eating some more. When I ate it, I did the exact same thing, because Chace had soaked the gummy bears in vodka.

That brilliant child.

We ended up finishing them before Chace got back, and he was kind of sad, but he was glad that we enjoyed them. We were about to head back to our dressing room, but Tay Jardine from We Are The In Crowd called Chace out so he left with her. “Wow, someone’s gettin’ some,” Kennedy snickered, pouring himself a drink.

I just grabbed my suspenders, clipping them onto my jeans. Chace was too young for her, anyways, and we were only touring for a little less than two months. He wouldn’t get anywhere with her. Not. Not that I didn’t want him to, or anything. Not that I. Not that I was jealous, or anything…

We were about to start our We Like to Party ritual, but the guys decided that Chace ought to be here with us, too, so I volunteered to get up and get him. I walked about the venue for a bit until I found Chace and Tay by the bar. Chace was hugging Tay tightly, grinning so wide. I rolled my eyes and cleared my throat. “Hey, Chace, let’s get ready for the show.”

Chace let go of her and waved goodbye, following me with that stupid grin still on his face. “What was that all about?” I asked, albeit angrily.

“Tay’s a nice girl,” Chace mumbled, shrugging, the grin toned down a bit at my tone of voice. “What?”

“Never mind,” I sighed, opening the door to our room. Chace was a little unsure about the whole routine at first, but Pat got him up to speed on everything soon enough. It was just so weird doing the We Like to Party without Jared. Chace was doing it wrong. He was so socially awkward it was pitiful.

He watched WATIC’s set from side stage. They played first. Then we were on. Chace had that typical deer in headlights look on his face, like he’d never played a show for this many people before. He probably hadn’t. After we played our first song, My Heroine, I introduced Chace to the world.

“So, I’m sure you guys are wondering where Jared James Monaco is. He’s on his honeymoon, lucky bastard.” The crowd awwed and laughed at that and I took a break to drink some of my beer. “Luckily, Jared brought us someone to fill in his spot for the tour – this fellow right here,” I said as I threw an arm around Chace’s neck. “His name is Chace. Everyone say hi to Chace.”

The crowd did as I told them to, and Chace looked so flustered. It was funny. “Say hi to everyone, Chace,” I told him as I held the microphone up to his face.

Chace gingerly leaned down and mumbled a weak “Hello” as he shyly waved to the crowd. The girls went wild. Sometimes I wonder if this whole shy thing is just an act. It certainly sent more bras his way.

Speaking of articles of clothing, Chace was fully clothed. Even Kenny and Garrett had taken off their blazer and vest, respectively. Pat was in a sleeveless shirt, and I was just in this really thin white shirt under my suspenders because the venue was so fucking hot since there were so many people.

I mean, Chace was still in his freaking skinny jeans and TOMS and that long sleeved button up plaid shirt. He did take off his beanie, but he wouldn’t even roll up his sleeves. The guy was sweating like a pig, but he wouldn’t take off anything else. I mean, his hair was flat on his head from all the sweat by the end of the set. He grabbed a towel and started wiping himself up, though, as I started talking to the crowd to get them pumped up for All Time Low.

Garrett and Kennedy started chucking picks, so Chace did the same. He seemed so freaked out when girls started – well, clawing at him and at each other for the picks. There were a few girls that had to get pulled out of the crowd, though, so Chace gave his picks to them as the bouncers up front escorted them out… Good guy.

We walked off stage soon enough, and the crowd was starting to quiet again, waiting for All Time Low. Except for a brief moment where Chace had to run back and grab his beanie off a speaker. You could hear some more screaming, then, of course. The girls already loved him. “Not bad for your first show,” I commented as he trotted backstage again, handing him a water bottle. “What do you think? How do you feel?”

Chace thanked me and chugged the water bottle down. “It’s a lot different,” Chace panted, still wiping sweat off his face with the towel. “Being on stage, I mean. I-I’m so used to watching the show from the pit…It’s really something. I kind of can’t believe I'm doing this, performing on stage, with you of all people,” he laughed nervously, wiping his sweaty face with the towel.

“What do you mean?” I asked of the last part to his question.

Chace blinked and looked back up at me, like he didn’t realize what he said. “Uh…”

“Chace!” Tay called his name, waving and practically skipping over to him. “You did such a good job!” she squealed, hugging him tight. Chace grinned and returned the hug instantly, instantly forgetting I was talking to him. “See, I told you! You did fine! You were getting all nervous for nothing!”

I let them talk and walked away in search of another beer, even though I was really curious as to what Chace really meant when he said “you of all people" ...
♠ ♠ ♠
thanks for reading; hope you enjoyed it! inspiration.
ooooh john's getting jealous of chace and tay...lolz xD
comment/subscribe, please! feedback would be lovely and greatly appreciated :3
also, check out this new john story, Reinvent Love.
my first cowrite :D let us know what you think of that, too!