It's Not Over

Awkward...

I ran through the halls like a maniac, ignoring the many complaints I was receiving from my fellow students. I ran past two people with a science project, and almost knocked it over. “Hey! Watch it!” “Sorry!”, I shouted over my shoulder. There was a reason for all of this. I wouldn't just be dashing through the halls for no apparent reason, now would I? No, I had a reason. I was looking for someone. And I needed to find them, like, this very second. “Where is he?”, I thought.

I continued to run, pissing many people off in the process. Then I spotted him by his locker, putting his books away, and I ran even faster. “Josh!” Before he could even lay eyes on me, I tackled him, slamming him into the lockers. People were giving me dirty looks, but I really didn't care. Nothing could bring me down right now. “What the...Hayley? What the hell are you doing?” I was literally bouncing up and down in front of him. “Guess what, guess what, guess what!!” “What?” “You're not going to believe this!” “Just tell me already!” “I got us a gig!” “What?! No way!!” “Yep, I did! This Saturday at Joe's cafe!” “Oh my god Hayley, you're freaking awesome!” He hugged me, lifting me up in the air and spinning me around. I laughed. “How did you do it?”, he had asked when he put me down. “I have my ways.”

Jeremy and Zac came over to us. “What's going on?” I spun around to face them. “I got us a gig!” “Are you serious?!” “Dude, that's amazing!” “Its this Saturday at Joe's cafe.” “You're the best Hayles” The bell rang, reminding us that we were late for class. “Aww crap, I'm late again. Mrs. Bayer is going to kill me. Josh chuckled. “Well, maybe if you hadn't tackled me, you'd be on time.”, he joked. I smacked his arm playfully. “Anyway, I have to go before I get in even more trouble. See you guys later.”

I was in my room, laying on my stomach on my bed. My math notebook was laid out in front of me, as well as many notes and textbooks. I just couldn't seem to get it right. “Ughh, why can't I do this?! Its freaking impossible!!” I finally had enough, and pushed everything onto the floor, where it landed with a loud thump. I buried my face into the blanket, not really caring I suffocated. There was soft knock on the door. “Go away! I'm busy mom!” Another knock. “I said I'm busy! I'm trying to do my homework!” The door opened a little, and Josh's head popped in. He took in the sight before him, my books in a discombobulated heap on the floor, and me, looking extremely pissed.

“This is what you call doing homework?” An amused smile was present on his face. “I was doing homework.” “Sure, that explains why its on the floor.” “I got a little angry.” “A little? Its like hurricane Hayley in here.” I laughed. I don't know how he does it. I could be so angry that my head is going to explode, and he always finds a way to make me laugh. Even if I don't really want to. He sat down next to me, and I pulled myself up into a sitting position. “So, what brings you here?” He shrugged. “I was bored.” “Did you do your homework smarty pants?” “Maybe.” “That means you didn't.” “No, it doesn't.” “Then what does it mean?” “It means maybe.” I literally almost faceplamed. “Dude, quit messing with me! Did you do your homework or not?!” “......Maybe.” “Josh!”, I whined, going to smack his arm. Luckily for him, he dodged it, and avoided getting hit.

I fell forward, landing in his lap. It happened so fast, I didn't even know what was going on. I found myself staring up into his eyes, my head in his lap, as he stared back down into mine. Neither of us moved, or said a thing. It was like time froze. Eventually, his hand came up to move my bangs out of my eyes. “You have really pretty eyes.” My face started to heat up as I blushed. I didn't know how to reply to that. I had to say something. He just complimented me, I can't just ignore it. He'll think I don't care. Erica came in, bursting through the door, and I shot up as fast as I could, almost bashing my head into Josh's. She eyed eyes suspiciously.

“What are you two doing?” “N-nothing, mind your business Erica.” “Are you sure? Because I could have sworn you were just in his lap.” I glared at her. “Erica, go. Right now.” “Alright, whatever.” She turned around and marched back out the door. My eyes lingered on the door for a bit longer, before Josh cleared his throat. “Well, I should probably get going.” He stood up and walked to the door. “See you tomorrow Hayles.” “See you, Josh.”, I said shakily. And with that, he left. I fell flat onto my back, my head landing safely on my pillows. I couldn't make sense of what had just happened. Does Josh like me? Or was he just being nice? There was a small part of me that wished he does. He doesn't, I know it. But I couldn't help but hope.....
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, sorry for re-doing this story so many times, but i just wasn't happy with how it was turning out. I promise this is the last time...hope you like it. :)