Status: new story that i happen to love the plot for.... comment/ subscribe if yo like :D

Ten Things I Love (to Hate) About You

Meeting the Parents

" this is it." she murmured from the passenger seat. I put my car in park and looked at her. She'd borrowed my jacket again, and was wearing some of my moms tennis shoes. We where outside of a decent sized two story building, supposedly her house. " want me to come in with you?" I asked when she didn't move. She nodded jus slightly, and I opened my door to meet her at the front of the car. 

" it doesn't look like he's home, but mom is. " she said, nodding to the open garage doors where a black, sleek car sat. I nodded, motioning her forward. After a moment of hesitation, she did move towards the steps. We pushed the door open, and a woman immediately screamed " where in the hell have you been Hailey Lynn!?" Hailey flinched. 

" hi to you too mom." she murmured to herself as she climbed the stairs. I fallowed behind her and she opened the door to a room on the right. It was black, with simple decorations. It looked more like a guest room, not really a teens room. She dragged a bag out of the closet and handed it to me, pointing to the closet mutely. I obeyed silently as well, something telling me her mom would enter the room of we made a noise. 

I was halfway done with her closet when I heard her hiss under breath and shove me in the closet. 

" what-"

"shut up and stay put!" she hissed at me before slamming the closet closed. I pressed my ear to it immediately. 

" Hailey. When I ask you a question I expect yo to answer it. " her moms voice came from in the room. " I'm sorry Layla. It won't happen again." a smack rang in the air, and I clenched y fists together to keep from banging the door down. " I'm your mother, I expect you to address me as such, do you understand!?" 

Hailey must have nodded, because after a moment her mom said " I called Kenneth. He should be home to deal with you shortly. Pray to God he doesn't decide to drink before dealing with you. " I heard heels walk away, and then I wrenched the door open. Hailey was leaning against her bedpost, her hand covering her mouth on one side. I pulled it away to see blood. " dammit. Where she hit you?" 

" not on the mouth. I bit my cheek when she did, though, and now I'm bleeding. We need to hurry. " she pushed me back towards the closet, and after hesitating I finished packing it up. She had three other bags already packed to the brim and was waiting on me. 

" done?" I asked. She nodded and lifted two bags up. I grabbed the other one and we headed downstairs. They were in my trunk and she was pulling out her bike when a truck pulled up. A man I vaguely recognized got out and slammed his door. 

" and where do you think you're going?" he asked her, standing in her way.  She kept her gaze on the ground, and I finally spoke up. 

" my mom invited her over for a movie. She said that she wanted to get her bike, and since she was at the party last night I gave her a ride here." I lied quickly. His gaze flicked to me and then narrowed on her again. " is this true, Hailey?" she cleared her throat and finally looked up, her face too blank for me to like. " yes, it is. I drank too much and passed out on a guest bed. Mocan drove me to his house for some medicine for my headache and then his mom invited me back. " he glared at her a long time, then suddenly growled " I know you're lying. The party was Friday, not Saturday. And I know what you where doing Friday night. " she flinched away as he suddenly reached out to grab her, and I stepped in with out thinking. 

" Mocan don't-" I felt something connect with my gut, then my chin, before I stumbled backwards. 

"Kenneth! Stop!" someone cried. I felt myself being hefted up, and then I was in my car. Hailey was outside, talking hastily to Kenneth. I looked in the mirror, gasping when I realized my nose was bleeding. I started when Hailey opened my door. 

" get in the passenger side. I'm going to drive you home. " I obediently got out and switched sides, tilting my head back. 

" are you sure you're going to be able to drive an automatic?" I tried to tease. 

" just shut up and get your nose to stop bleeding, Mocan." she snapped at me. 

The drive to my house was very silent. 
♠ ♠ ♠
So we met the parents. Let's see what she said to Kenneth, shall we?