Status: new story that i happen to love the plot for.... comment/ subscribe if yo like :D

Ten Things I Love (to Hate) About You

Filler

" God, you just had to go and break something, didn't you? You couldn't leave it alone. " mom teased lightly as she fidgeted with you IV. 

" oh shush mom. I could have hurt myself worse. " I pointed out. She flinched, and I sighed. 

"sorry." she sat on the edge of the bed and squeezed my hand. My good hand, anyway. My left arm was wrapped in a solid cast from my shoulder to my fingers. I don't want to even know how many bones had snapped, I just knew it was a lot. I'd also finally broke two ribs. I looked around suddenly. 

"where's Hailey?" I asked, trying to sit up. Mom pushed me down. 

" probably taking your car out for a drive. That's what she hinted at anyway. "

" or she could be being nice and picking up your pain meds from the pharmacy. " her voice floated from the doorway, and I grinned as she stepped in, handing mom a bag and then turning to me, crossing her arms. " so why exactly did you see the need to barrel into that mountain?"

" he hit me! I didn't run into him!" I exclaimed. She laughed, sitting in a plastic chair off to the side. 

" Mocan, he was basically standing still. You hit him, whether you like it or not. And, I might add, you sprang off of that guy, like he was a spring or something instead of a six foot two three hundred pound man. " I glared at her as mom laughed slightly. 

" alright, I gotta get back to my shift. Don't move too much or it will take longer for your ribs to heal. You're lucky coach rapped them before hand, otherwise they would be harmed even more. He did an amazing job this time. " I shot Hailey a look, that she avoided, as mom left. 

" come sit next to me. Those chairs have got to be unpleasant. " I said, motioning to the edge of the bed. She laughed, making no move to stand. " if you wanted me to sit next to you, you can just ask. " I sighed playfully. " fine. Will you come sit by me and keep me from worrying about the fact I can't play football my senior year and I can't breath deeply for the next few weeks?" she giggled and stood, taking my moms place on the bed and actually folding her hand around mine. 

" soon I won't have to. Trent and Brent are stopping at subway, and then they're going to be here, too. " I groaned and closed my eyes. She laughed at me lightly. 

" you know, for the first football game  I've been to in awhile, I must admit this was the most entertaining one. " she said after a moment. I opened my eyes. " really? Good. Glad to know my pain is enjoyed by others. " she laughed at me. " please. I stayed and watched the game per your moms instructions, and you guys won. Everyone was ecstatic, and wanted to see you, but coach said only Trent, Brent, and Hecklin could bother you. " I groaned again. " that's worse then the whole team showing up!"

" gee, thanks man. Good to know we're appreciated. " Trent said dryly as he strode into the room. Brent and Hecklin fallowed, snickering. Hailey went to pull her hand away from mine, and to my surprise I tightened my grip on it until she gave me a nod and I relaxed my grip, knowing she wasn't going to pull away again. Trent gave our locked hands a knowing smirk before folding into the chair she had previously sat in. 

" your subway is in Brent's jacket. " he added as Brent through said jacket on the foot of my bed. Hailey gave our hands a pointed look and I rolled my eyes before letting it go so she could eat. 

" so what's the verdict?" Brent asked, leaning against the window. Hecklin began flicking my drip bag, and I gave him a worried look before answering Brent, explaining what the doctor had told me. 

" it's the wrong meds, Hecklin. It's not gonna work. Besides, you have to flick closer to the bottom. " Hailey said suddenly. He pouted as everyone gave each other a confused look.

" then what medicine is it!?" he whined. She sighed, standing. " I don't remember. But not morphine. And you flick here. " she flicked the bottom of my bag and a steady stream came out for about five seconds instead of just a drip before slowing again. I relaxed immediately. 

" holy crap, that's amazing. " I sighed as she sat next to me on the bed. " yeah. I know. He was trying to give you  an allergic reaction though. You get exposed to a certain medicine too much it gives you hives. " normally I would have scowled at Hecklin, but instead I laughed. 

"awe, no fuun, you drugged him!" Trent complained. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this is a filler