Status: active-hopefully lots of school work and work

Crazy Mixed Up World

The Hospital

I woke up to the sun shining on my face. I tried to sit up but all I felt was pain. I opened my eyes and all I saw was white walls. There was something attached to my hand on the left. On my right I felt a weight.
I looked over to my right and saw my brother Jonathan. Sitting in a corner was my other brother David. I tried to move my legs. My right one was fine but my left felt really heavy.
I started panicking, I assumed I was in the hospital but I still had no clue what was going on. Suddenly Jonathan sat up trying to figure out what was going on. He tried calming me down. This in turn woke up David who had been sleeping in a chair.
I was so confused I couldn’t figure out where I was; I couldn’t remember how I got here. Most importantly why were both of my brothers here and not my parents. My brothers were supposed to be off playing hockey because it was the middle of November.
I tried speaking but my throat hurt so much. Jon pressed the call button for the nurse. He then poured me some water, which I greedily drank. The nurse came in and started checking my vitals and left saying a doctor would be in shortly.

“How did I get here?” I asked to no one in particular.
“You were in a car accident a couple days ago,” responded David “you really scared us for a bit there.”
“Where are mom and dad? Why are you guys here you should be playing Hockey.”
Jonathan just sat there staring at me. David tried to give him a look without me knowing but I saw it. They weren’t telling me something.
I tried again, “Where are mom and dad? I know you hiding something from me. JUST TELL ME DAMN IT!” I shouted at them.
“Okay,” Jon started calmly, but I could tell he was trying to keep his emotions at bay, “On Saturday you had a baton competition. It was really late at night when you were driving home. There were some people out driving who should not have been. “
He took a shuddering breath.
“A car head hit you on. You some how managed to crawl out of the car with all of your injuries. The police got there just as you were climbing out of the car and the paramedics came and you blacked out. They brought you into surgery to repair some internal bleeding and fix your leg that was broken and had glass impaled in it.”

“Okay, but you still haven’t told me what happened to out parent.”

“Melissa,” David said coming over and grabbing my hand, “They died on impact.”

I couldn’t breathe. “No they didn’t. No they didn’t. No they didn’t. No they didn’t. No they didn’t. “
“Yes, I know it hard t…”
I interrupted David “No they are going to walk through that door any second and are going to tell me that you are pulling a cruel joke on me. Mom is going to tug you out of the room by your ear and dad is going to come in and give me a hug to comfort me.”
They both gave me sad looks telling me wordlessly that they were telling the truth. I started crying. I couldn’t catch my breath. I started seeing spots. I heard a doctor run into the room with a nurse and he told her to give me a sedative. The last thing I saw before I fell into the world of unconsciousness were tears rolling down my brothers faces.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is chapter two of my first story, again please leave comments and tell me what you think (but be nice again first story) :) (constructive criticism)