Status: active-hopefully lots of school work and work

Crazy Mixed Up World

Happy?

Practice was interesting I guess. We got to the rink a little late due to traffic so Jon just sent me to the bench right away while he went to the locker room to change. I was just sitting there staring at the ice when I heard someone sit down on the bench.
“So you must be Melissa.” I heard someone say.
“That depends on who wants to know” I replied finally looking about at the stranger who was in Blackhawks warm up gear.
“Well I’m Coach Joel Quenneville but you can call me Coach or Joel.” He said to me kindly.
“Okay Joel. You are right I am Melissa, Melissa Toews. “
“So how are you feeling?” He asked me. I was actually speechless. Of course since my parents died everyone has come up to me and said they were sorry for my loss, as if it made it any better or they asked if there was anything they could do to help. Of course there was nothing they could do to help my parents are DEAD. I was shocked because this person who was basically a stranger to me actually cared about how I was feeling. The truth was I didn’t know.
So I said “I don’t know”
“Well that is expected. I don’t know how I would feel in your position but I do know from experience that you should never keep it bottled up inside. If you ever need to talk and I mean this seriously you can come and talk to me. Okay?”
“Thank you” I replied quietly. He smiled to me and than stepped on to the ice where I just noticed that the team had congregated. And just like he broke a tiny bit of my shell. He actually understood and said exactly what I needed to her. No sugar coating just the truth with a caring undertone.
Practice went by in what I can only assume was a normal matter. Patrick Sharp pranking people. Jonathan being all-serious. Guys talking. And finally some actual practice. At the end of practice Jon came towards me.
“Do you want to skate around for a bit?”
“No, I don’t skate anymore.” I replied bitterly.
“Since when?” He asked confused
“Since a couple weeks ago and if you forgot I have a cast on my LEG!” I screamed at him thinking how could he lead a team but forget what happened to me. I mean it was the same time our parents died.
“Why don’t you go get changed into your other clothes, follow me to the bathroom” He told me “I’ll probably be like half an hour because I have to shower.”
“Okay, whatever”
I went into the bathroom to change. Then I went outside of the locker room to wait for Jon. I saw all the players leaving a few at a time each giving me curious glances. Finally Jon came out.
“You ready to go?” He asked
“I’ve been ready for ages! You’re worse than a girl” I said nudging him playfully.
“oh ya and how long does it take you when you shower and do your make up and pick out clothes Mel-Belle?” he was right, so I remained silent but then I thought and said to him.
“I don’t do any of that anymore” he just kind of stared at me and than I guess he caught the tone in my voice because he dropped it.
“So I was thinking that we could go pick out paint colours and furniture now for your room and bathroom.” Jon said. It came out almost as a question. I wondered if he was afraid that I would bite his head off.
“Ya that sounds good” I smiled at him and he smiled back. I think that might have been my first smile since before the accident.
So we drove to Wal-Mart to get some paint. From there we went to Ikea to pick out some furniture. We then went home and painted my room. While the paint was drying we started putting together the furniture. While doing this I asked Jon why he didn’t invite any of the guys over. He said that he thought about it but decided that he wanted some bonding time with his favourite sister. I reminded him that I was his only sister. None the less the gesture made me smile and realise that even if in my mind I don’t think that Jon cares about me or has time for me but in my heart I do know that and I know that he loves me so much and would do anything for me. So after setting my room up this is the finished product of the room and this is the closet. We also redid the bathroom because before it was stark white. I love my new room and I told Jon this. I think he was just really happy to see me happy. It felt good to be happy I haven’t been happy in a while.
♠ ♠ ♠
please comment!!!! i want to know what you guys think