Status: active-hopefully lots of school work and work

Crazy Mixed Up World

School...

I woke up around 10 o’clock on Saturday morning. I had a good rest of the week with Jonathan and I think that I started making improvements with him. We started talking more and I started not blaming him for not knowing me. I got dressed for a lazy Saturday morning. I headed downstairs to the kitchen to get something to eat. When I got downstairs I was shocked, like half the team was there.
“Nice slippers” I heard Kaner say
“Ya I know” I replied smartly “What are you guys doing here anyways?”
“What are you doing not dressed in all black?” He shot back.
“Trying to be happy!” That shut him right up.
“Before a game day if we can we try to get as many guys as possible together to just hang out, team bonding and stuff.” Duncan Keith told me. I like him, he was really nice.
“So where is Jon than, because other wise I will be really freaked out as to how you got in here.”
“He went out to get us food” Patrick Sharp told me.
“Okay, I’m just going to go get some cereal and then…”
“And then get started on your home schooling” I heard a voice say from the door which was obviously Jon’s. During the week Jon and I decided that I would start home schooling this weekend so that I would not be to far behind. We decided on home schooling because one he did not want to leave me at home during road games and I did not want to be at home by myself and also I am a very fast learner so this way I can go at my own pace.
“Ya sure, because that is ho I want to start my weekend” I said
“We decided that, I can still send you to boarding school” He said. I knew that was an empty threat but the thought still bugged me.
“Okay I’ll start in a couple hours”
“Awesome” he said
I think I heard Kaner snicker that I still had to go to school. I think I also heard someone smack him upside the head.
“I may still have to go to school but I’m in the eleventh grade and I’m 14.” I said in reply to his comment. Yes, I am kind of smart.
I went back to my room after I ate and true to my word a couple hours later I started my home schooling. I was done working on the math homework and I faxed it to the home base to look over. I then looked over at the next courses I had. It was vocals and dance. I have not sung or danced since my parents died and I did not plan on doing it anytime soon. It reminded me of them and it hurt to much to do.
“Jonathan” I cried running out to him “How could you?!” I screamed at him.
“How could I what?” He asked very confused. His teammates looked at us weirdly.
“How could you sign me up for vocals and dance?”
“I thought you liked those courses.”
“I don’t plan on singing or dancing again”
“Why not?”
“Why do you think?”
“I wouldn’t ask you if I knew.”
“It hurts to much.” That’s all I said than I went into my room.
I heard a bunch of footsteps and than a door close so I can assume that Jon sent the guys home. Than I heard footsteps approaching my room.
“Mel-Belle can you tell me what’s the matter?” He said coming over to my bed and sitting down.
“It hurts to much. I don’t want to sing anymore. I don’t want to dance anymore. Every time I even think about doing it, it reminds me of them. How they supported me in everything I did, how they drove me everywhere to competitions and practices.”
“Well what if you turned that emotion into something to honour mom and dad. I think it would actually help your grieving process to express your feeling that way.”
“Can I think about it for a bit first?” I asked him.
“Of course Mel-Belle. If you decide you want to let me know if you want to sign up for any classes or need my help or anything.”
“Okay.” I replied. Jon than got up and turned to leave.
“Thank you Jon, for everything. I know that I don’t seem grateful but I really am.” He turned around and came back and gave me a big hug.
“I know”