Status: Slowly Starting

Wrecking Ball

Prologue

“Tell me,” She said with the calmest voice she could muster but there was fury burning in her eyes.

His green eyes looked up and met with her gray ones. At one point in time, his eyes had been her favorite feature of his. Looking in them now though made her sick to her stomach because she now knew all the lies he was hiding behind them.

He licked his lips and sighed. “Charlie, it really isn’t that big of a deal.”

“Damn it, John! Tell me what Pat and my sister were talking about when they thanked you.”

They sat there staring at each other for a few seconds and they couldn’t help but think of what each had meant to the other over these past months and how they’d changed each other.

John saw the girl whose walls he’d slowly broken down. It had been a long process but well worth it.

Most people only saw Charlotte Roberts as the perfect, well-rounded girl she portrayed, but John was one of the few to see the real her. He’d worked so hard to break down her walls and to gain her trust. After he said what he needed to say, he knew she’d rebuild those walls even bigger and stronger than they were before.

Charlotte saw the tall, brown haired boy who had dreams bigger than the state of Arizona, but never fully believed he’d ever achieve them. She’d not only believed that he’d achieve his dreams, she’d also believed he was honest and true even though others told her differently. She had gone against her better judgment to believe he’d never hurt her; she now saw what a mistake that was. John had slowly broken down her walls but she had a feeling that he’d break her completely with the words he would soon say.

“You know this will change us…we won’t be the same after I tell you,” John said, silently begging her to forget the whole ordeal so they could go back to how they had been just hours before.

She nodded. “I need to know…I deserve to know.”

John nodded but hesitated as he thought of the right words to say.

She closed her eyes during the silence and etched those last few moments in her memory. She knew those were the last moments she and John would be fine. After John told her what he needed to they would be ruined.

Charlotte knew none of this should have come as a surprise though because John ruined everything he touched. It seemed as if he planned to ruin everything- as if while every time he was smiling at her he was also thinking about how he was going to screw her over. John was Tempe’s King Midas in reverse. Everything Midas touched turned to gold while everything John touched collapsed.

John O’Callaghan was a wrecking ball.
♠ ♠ ♠
New story! I've had this idea for a while and had part of it written out so I'm really excited to get it started. Let me know what you think :)