Status: Slowly Starting

Wrecking Ball

You're the Boy Who ***ed Love

“Seriously Dad, this isn’t fair! I’m the only cheerleader who isn’t allowed to date.”

Charlotte rolled her eyes as she once again heard her sister arguing with their dad about his rules, which were too strict in her sister’s opinion. Charlotte could care less about her father’s views on dating. To her, dating seemed pointless. By dating someone you had to compromise and sometimes give up your dreams so you could stay with “the one you loved.” Charlotte was young and had plenty of time to find “the one,” so for now she was going to worry about herself and make sure no one stood in the way of her dreams, especially some loser from Tempe.

“Why can’t you just give a guy a chance?” Her sister fumed as she barged into Charlotte’s room.

Charlotte slowly looked up from her book and asked, “What does me dating someone have to do with you?”

She knew the answer to this question but enjoyed messing with her sister.

“You know dad and his stupid rules. He says I’m not allowed to date until I’m 18. The only exception is if you go on a date. He knows that‘s a safe deal to make though because you don’t date.”

“I don’t feel like wasting my time with any of the losers here,” she shrugged.

“Just go on a date with someone, and I’m not talking a group date. I mean a real date! It’s not that tough, Charlotte.”

“Cassidy, there are more important things in life than having a boyfriend.”

“You should listen to your sister, Cass,” their dad said as he poked his head into the room.

“You are being entirely unreasonable. Can I at least go to the Kirch’s party tonight?” Cassidy begged.

“If Charlotte goes, you can,” he said before walking out of the room.

Charlotte laughed as she turned towards Cassidy. “That’s not going to happen.”

Charlotte’s views on parties were similar to her views on having a boyfriend – they were both a waste of her time.

“I hate this family!” Cassidy screamed as she stomped towards her room and slammed her door.

Charlotte turned back towards her book, still chuckling at Cassidy’s overdramatic act. Charlotte and Cassidy played the quintessential sibling roles in their family. Charlotte was the older, more level headed child who was determined to make something of herself while Cassidy was the baby and used to getting what she wanted. At this point in her life, Cassidy’s biggest concern was being the most popular sophomore at Mountain Pointe High School.

Charlotte’s phone suddenly rang breaking the silence in her room and her concentration. She reached over to pick it up and immediately rolled her eyes at the named that flashed across the screen.

“Yes, Halvo?”

“How’s my favorite neighbor and best friend doing this evening?” The boy asked from the other line.

“What do you want?”

“Why do you think I want something? Maybe I just wanted to hear your lovely voice.”

“I’m not stupid, Halvo. Now tell me what you want.”

“Ok, my parents are pissed that I got another speeding ticket and they took away my car but I was supposed to go to Tim Kirch’s party tonight. So can you take me? You can even be my date if you want.”

“No.”

“Please, Charlotte. You never go to parties and this one will be fun. Besides what else do you have to do on a Friday night?” Halvo pleaded.

“I have to figure out Calculus. We’ve only been in school for a few weeks and it’s already kicking my ass,” she groaned.

“Did you forget that I’m like a fucking genius when it comes to math? I may be dumb in everything else but math is something I’m good at. Take me to the party tonight and I’ll help you with it Sunday.”

Charlotte sat there thinking over her options but she knew Halvo was right; for some bizarre reason he was good in math. It went against all reason and logic, but she knew he could help.

“You know you want to,” Halvo sing-songed like some child.

“Fine. I’ll pick you up in ten minutes,” she groaned and then hung-up.

Charlotte marched over to Cassidy’s room and opened the door without knocking.

“I have to take Halvo over to Tim’s for the party. Be downstairs in five minutes if you want to come.”

“Seriously?! Yes! I’ll just change real quick and then be down,” Cassidy said as she ran over to her closet but stopped to look at her sister, “Aren’t you going to change?”

Charlotte glanced down at what she was wearing. “No, why?”

“Well that outfit’s cute and everything but you wore it to school. This is a party. Don’t you want to wear something a little sexier?”

She snorted, “Sexy is not in my vocabulary. Anyway, it’s not like I need to impress anyone.”

Cassidy rolled her eyes but didn’t say anything else for which Charlotte was glad. She didn’t know if she could handle any more of her sister’s sass. She was already in a bad mood thanks to the fact that she now had to spend my Friday night at some party when she’d rather be anywhere else.

------------------------


John looked around in satisfaction. The fridge was stocked with beer, the beer pong table was set up, and anything valuable the Kirch’s owned was put away. The boys were officially ready for a party. The band’s practice earlier that afternoon had been cut short so the guys could get everything ready for Tim’s annual back-to-school party.

“John, can you do a favor for me?”

John turned around to see Pat standing behind him.

“Pat, I already convinced Tim to let you stay for the party even though you’re only a sophomore,” he said.

“Actually, I need help with a girl.”

John smirked, “Well girl is a subject I’m beast at. Sure, I’ll help you Patty.”

“Ok, well there’s this girl named Cassidy and I really like her but,” Pat started but John quickly interrupted him.

“Cassidy? Cassidy Roberts? Dude, even though she’s just a sophomore she’s smokin’. Nearly every guy in school wants to date her.”

“So why would she want to go out with me, right?” Pat mumbled.

John instantly realized he’d inadvertently hurt Pat’s feelings. “I didn’t mean it like that, Pat. I just meant that she might be a hard catch.”

“Well we have science together and talk all the time in there. I asked her out and she said she’d love to but there’s just one problem.”

“What’s the problem?”

“Her parents are super strict and won’t let her date until she’s 18 or until her sister dates,” Pat explained.

“I don’t understand how I can help with that, Pat.”

“I was hoping you’d convince her sister to date you.”

“Charlotte? Charlotte Roberts? You want me to convince Miss Most Likely to Succeed, Miss I-Won’t-Date-Anyone-because-Boys-Will-Just-Get-in-the-Way-of-My-Dreams to date me? That Charlotte Roberts?”

Pat nodded and said, “That’s the one.”

John groaned but agreed. The only thing he didn’t tell Pat was that there was probably no hope for this plan. Charlotte Roberts was the one girl at school who wouldn’t fall for the John O’Callaghan charm. She was the one girl who no guy ever seemed able to get, no matter how hard they tried.
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit

Cassidy

10 Things I Hate About You is on of my favorite movies and where the inspiration from this story came from. Don't worry though, I've added in some unique twists and turns to this story so hang on because it's going to be a crazy ride :)

Thanks to everyone who commented. Ya'll are so awesome!