‹ Prequel: Absolutely Hate You
Status: Working.

The Simple Love Story

My Story

Image

"Matt? Do you need help?" My uncle Sam asked.

"No." I said back loudly. I sighed and continued trying or more like attempt to make Mac n' cheese.

"Hey, do you know what time your dad will come home?" Uncle Sam asked.

"I think Monday… not sure. I'll give him a call tonight." I said.

"Okay. Thanks, he told me to go pick him up on Monday." Uncle Sam said.

"Yes. This time you better not forget." I said. He entered the kitchen, he was smiling like he did nothing wrong.

"I would never forget your father." he said taking out a can of soda, he snapped it open and gulped it down.

"Oh, is that why you asked me? I recalled that one time when I was just 7 years old having to drag my hung over uncle out of bed just to go and pick up my father." I said and smiled. He choked on the drink and wiped it with his arm.

"Um.. You were 8. Please, give me a bit more credit." He said, "And now it wouldn't be a big problem anymore since I don't do that and that you know how to drive now so it won't be a big deal."

I smiled knowingly, "Uhhhuhh.."

"What? Okay, I don't think that Mac n' Cheese is edible dear." he said looking down at my burnt Mac N' Cheese. I looked at it and it looked brown… isn't Mac n' Cheese supposed to be gold?

"Yea… I hope my dad comes home on Monday. He knows how to cook." I said sighing.

"Come on, kiddo. Let's go get some Chinese." My uncle said and we went out the door. I grinned and ran to grab my jacket.

~

"I like that song." I said.

"Well, I don't." My uncle argued smiling.

"It's my favorite." I said back.

"It's weird.. why's the guy screaming like he's in pain." He asked.

"Because, that's how it goes." I said and pressed back to the song.

"This song is too hardcore… let's hear country." My uncle said and pressed on another station.

"No. What are you? A thirteen year old girl? Last time I checked, Taylor Swift is for teenagers." I said.

"Hey! I'm only 31. I'm not that old." Uncle Sam said.

"Yea.. sure you aren't. So, do you think that Taylor Swift will make you young again?" I asked.

"… psh no.. But hey, this song is better than of that you were hearing." He said.

"That was Escape the Fate, okay? Respect it." I said and pressed back to the station.

"And anyways country is about the same thing all the time. Trucks, roads and girls in tight jeans." I pointed out to him the facts of a country song.

"And that's the way I like it."

"Ew. Can you please have more decency." I joked. "Your estrogen is spreading around."

"My, god… you have your father in you alright." He frowned and continued driving. I grinned.

~

"He did a superman?" My uncle asked.

"Wow, for a 31 year old you really don't get into the social networkings." I said and then took a bite into my Kung Pao chicken. Man, how I love Chinese food.

"Wait.. so what's a Superman?" He asked. I explained a move that was on NHL All Star, Patrick Kane of the Chicago Blackhawks did the move. Sam got really into the move that I told him about, I told him later when we got home I'll show the move online.

"How's the team doing?" I asked trying to dig out some new info from him.

"Rough practice. One of the guy had an injury but he kept insisting on playing." Sam said and scoffed.

"What an idiot." Both Sam and I said in unison. He laughed.

"You are my niece." Sam said smiling.

"Yes.. it's very unfortunate." I said shaking my head.

"Hey! Anyways… he says he's fine and he got his parents in to let him play… so there's nothing I can really do." Sam said. I sighed.

"Well that sucks.. but hey. You got me, your amazing superstar niece who is -might I say- very good at hockey!" I said sugaring myself up in hopes of him letting me join the team.

"No." He said abruptly.

"Yes! Come on Sam!" I said.

"Hey, don't say that. Your dad's going to be mad at me because I just let you call me Sam." He said.

"Whatever. Come on, I made 19 goals with you out of 20. I'm good." I convinced.

"No… hockey a rough game Matt… and I always let you win in my games." He said.

"Sure you do. But please?" I was relentless. "Fine… okay, let's make a deal." I suggested.

"No! No more deals… all the deals I made with you, the only winner out of all those deals were you."
he said. "Excuse this metaphor but your deals are like the deals of the devil." he said.

I gasped.

"I'm going to tell my dad." I said.

"No. I'm sorry kiddo, but it is…. I never ever win your deals." He said.

"You never try to win my deals." I pointed out. "You keep thinking that I'm this small weak girl."

"You are only 5'2. The guys on the team are at least 6'0 ft." He said.

"But I'm good." I said confidently.

"But still, I won't allow you to play hockey. Especially in my team." he said. I grunted and stopped eating, I'll find a way.

Bayley's POV

"How was practice?" My mom asked.

"Cool." I said.

"Cool? Is that how you explain things?" She asked placing down my place of food. I thought of ways to describe it.

"The team just practice and then I went over to Dex's house to play video games." I said shrugging.

"Well that sounds productive." My dad said grinning. I smiled. He went over my mom and kissed her.

"Weeeellllllcooooommmmeeee home." She said and gave him a kiss on his cheeks. Yea, my parents are that in love.

My mom is very weird… but I love her still as does my dad. My parents were the definition of lovesick teenagers. They act like teenagers and have a romance life like teenagers. I can't really blame them, they are 38 years old.

Yea… two 38 year old teenage acting parents who have a teenage 17 years old boy almost an adult. My life…and honestly I wouldn't change it for the world. The good thing about young parents is that they're very understanding. Especially when it comes to my mom, she never restricts anything from me.

My dad on the other hand has some rules… well three.

1. Never go to jail.
2. Don't get a girl pregnant unless you're married to her forever in your lifetime.
3. Never.. EVER make mom cry.

Those were my dad's rules. I once tee pee a house and he laughed about it.

He even drove by the house and snapped a picture.

He showed my mom and she fell on the floor laughing while trying to gasp for breath. My parents are hilarious… and they were made for each other. Even though they did hate each other in their younger years.

I stared at my parents with envy. They were the epitome of love. I want a kind of romance like that one day… just one day.

"Bayley? Honey? Do you?" My mom asked with wide eyes.

"What?" I asked confused.

"Do you have a game tomorrow?" She asked raising her eyebrow.

"Yea. I do." I said munching on the carrots.

"That's perfect. Both your dad and I are going to come see you play." She said smiling and wrapped her arms around my father. He smiled down at her.

"Mom…" I said and face planted my face in my hands.

I sighed. "Just.. please...don't bring the sign." I begged.

"What? But it's so cute.. it's of you and us when you were a baby." She said. I frowned… my mom made a huge sign of a picture of me as a baby that said, "Go Bayley Kohner, number 27."

"Please. Mom…" I begged. I looked at my dad for moral support. He just shrugged.

"Honey…" He began. I smiled appreciatively. My mother frowned.

"Fine.. fine…I won't bring that sign." She said.

"Mom.. please don't bring the other one too." I said and went back to munch on the carrots. She sighed.

"Fine.." She said defeated and grabbed a plate.