‹ Prequel: Absolutely Hate You
Status: Working.

The Simple Love Story

I Am Something.

Image

Bayley's POV

I woke up tired this morning. I still was, when I slept there was Matt… but then there was Sam yelling at me and kicked me off the team.

When I went back to sleep, I started having wet dreams when I woke up.

Yes, I had wet dreams…. about Matt. I was ashamed but I can't help it. I am a guy, so I did what any guy did if he had wet dreams…. the bad part about all of it was that my mom barged into my room. I can't take the image of her face off my mind. How my mom's eyes went wide and her mouth hung open… and how she screamed for my dad who was in the shower getting ready to go to work.

He ran in with his towel around his hips and his hair all disarray. I hid myself quickly with my blanket and screamed.

When my dad entered I stood up and ran out the room towards the bathroom. I cursed to myself, that was the most embarrassing time in my life… with many more to come.

"Hey." Dex said. We walked towards my locker. I said hi to people as I passed because… well they greeted me first. It was manners, taught by my mom to greet people after they greeted you. Stupid but it does bring me a good rep.

"Did you drive home last night?" I asked Dex.

"Well, yes… kind of. You know the girl that works in the entering booth? Michelle?" Dex asks me. I nodded unconsciously.

"Well, her car broke down…. and who was there to be her knight?" Dex asked me.

"You were her night? As in darkness night?" I asked him, he shook his head.

"No, the medieval knight." He said.

"Oh. Okay, continue." I told him when I shut my locker and placed the lock back on it.

"Well, he car needed an electrical boost so I helped her. I got her number too." Dex said.

"Wow. So, is that how you pick up girls now? Be a creeper in a night and help her with her car?" I asked. Dex glares at me but then smirks.

"No. I'm not a creeper because one, I'm not an obsessed freak, I'm not hideous looking enough, and I'm a charming guy." Dex praised on about himself, he's a real arrogant asshole.

Surprises me of why I became great friends with him.

"Uhhuhh, sure you are dude." I said to him and walked off.

"Hey, can you help me with this problem?" I looked over to see Tessa Davis talking to me. She's a quiet girl but she's also one of the prettiest girls in this school.

"Uh, yea, Sure." I said and looked at the problem. I explained it to her and she nodded in approval.

"Thanks, Brian." She said and went back to working. I cleared my throat.

"The name's Bayley." I said to her, she looks up at me and smiles.

"Sorry, Bayley. Thank you." She said, "I'm just really bad with names." She said and giggled.

I smiled at her nicely. Thinking about it, I thought about Matt. She knew my name and remembered it…. is it a sign?

I looked over at Tessa, sure she's pretty and cute but everything about her showed indications that she wasn't for me.

I dated one of her friends in middle school and realized that her friend was the worst girlfriend I ever had.

Her name was Mila Kovonich, she was pretty and quiet like Tessa here. I thought she was my kind of girl, we talked sometimes and I realized that she was more talkative than she appeared to be. But honestly, her talks were all about people… gossip and the bloodiest gruesome details.

At first, I didn't mind because well girls were girls but I realized that I don't often really hear my mom trash talk someone while I was growing up. Sure, she would have her moments but she wouldn't talk about them constantly. Mila was all about the gossip and the false truths.

She then broke up with me because she couldn't handle that I liked playing hockey. I couldn't spend enough time with her or communicate with her. I guess it was for the better though, we had nothing in common.

When I told my mom about Mila, since well my mom wanted me to tell her everything saying it's a family exercise.

She patted my back and assured me, "There are more fishes in the sea." She said happily and then she hugged me as if I was 3…. my mom.

I never really blamed her for her unconditional love for me and my father. When I was younger, my mom lost my sister Breanna. My mom had depression for awhile, I remember bits and pieces since I was six years old. I remember tugging her shirt and she ignored me, how I cried in the park and she just tugged me home and not comfort me. I remember how my dad kept explaining things to me when I didn't understand exactly. My mom got better in time, so yea.

I loved my mother's unconditional love because once in my life before, I lost it… but it returned.

"Hey, can you help me with this again?" I looked at Tessa and helped her. She's too needy.

I was doing practice again. I blocked goals better now but I need to be great.

"Hey, Matt get in here." I heard Coach yell. I looked over to see Matt putting on skates and a helmet on and going in the rink. The guys stopped and we all looked at what was going on.

"Boys, get your butts out of the rink. Except. Frank, Dex, Clark, Lennard, and Bayley. All of you leave." Coach Patton said. I looked at her as she skated in. Her hair was down and wavy, it looked soft.

"Well, go into two teams of three. So… Frank, Clark, Lennard, and Bayley, Dex, and Matt." He said. What the hell was going on? Is he playing with us? The guys skated to their side. Matt was beside Dex who was in the middle, her and I were separate from each other.

"Okay, play to win guys." Coach said, "And girl." He looked at Matt she gave a light smile. He blew the whistle and threw the puck. We all dashed.

Throughout the game I was abled to clear the shots. Matt was very successful in getting the puck into the net. Dex muttered that they guys were just taking it light on her, I didn't know about that. I mean, I did play her once, and I held no limits to my game. In the end, we won. Dex muttered something while the other guys high-fived her.

She looked at their hands and then looked away. She high-fived them unenthusiastically.

I smirked.

"Good job, Matt." Coach Patton said and patted his niece's shoulder.

She smiled and hugged him.

I wish she would hug me, well I guess my wish was about to come true because she was heading to Dex and hugged him. He was shocked but returned the hug and then she went towards me, she was hesitant but then went for it. She pressed onto me and hugged me too.

"We won!" She said when she let me go.

I was dazed.

I didn't feel her touch on my body because of my uniform but I felt her radiating something on me…

Matt's POV

I freakin beat the other guys. I thanked Sam for this. I've been begging for awhile now. I was cleaning the guy's uniform again. Sam had to go somewhere quick but he said he'll be back soon to pick me up. I hear the door open and looked to see Bayley with his sports bag on his shoulders and his uniform shirt in his hand.

"Hey." I said.

"Hey." he said placing his bag down on the floor. When he rose up, he ran his right hand's fingers through his nice dirty blonde hair. He seemed somehow different than normal.

"I'll do that for you." I said extending my hand for his shirt. He walked towards me, then suddenly… I didn't know what the fuck was going on.

I felt breathing near my face, it was so close that our nose's were touching by the tip.

Then suddenly but slowly soft warm lips were placed upon mine.

They were a bit wet but it made it more comfortable and nice because he started moving his lips.

I was surprised, my eyes widened to it's extent.

Okay… okay… this is beyond confusing.

I mean what is happening?

What should I do exactly?

WHY IS HE KISSING ME?!??!

Did Dianna tell him?

That I liked him that way, because I don't… I think.

I was scared now.

Was he going to rape me or worst…?

No… he wouldn't.

I know him enough to know that he wouldn't do something that insane.

I pushed him away and I looked at him, he looked ashamed and rejected.

"I'm sorry." He said breathlessly. I stood there speechless, my lips still have a tingling sensation of what has just happened to them.

What was I supposed to say, he is supposed to apologize for sure.

He just randomly kissed me but can I blame him?

Is he playing me?

Am I another toy for these guys to play with?

I don't know nor understand why he did what he did, okay I knew but I wish I didn't.

He seemed embarrassed so he placed his shirt on the washing machine and started his way towards the out door. I looked at him leave, suddenly my voice returned.

"You can't play with me like this." I said to him, he stopped his tracks and he turned around to face me.

"What are you talking about?" He asked confused, his eyes showed confusion too.

"You can't just go and kiss someone randomly then apologize and leave!" I said honestly, my voice was a bit shaky.

"… then what am I supposed to do?" He asks me sadly and embarrassed. "Because, honestly it seemed as if you didn't approve of it."

"I don't know…I… I was caught off guard." I said honestly. He walked towards me and then his face was near mine again, I could feel the warm air from his nose on my skin.

"Should I kiss you again? This time, you know." He asks me. Am I willing?

"Okay." I said… okay… okay… what am I DOING? What's happening to me.

He leaned down and I felt his lips on mine… his warm soft lips. His face was cold but his lips were warm. I didn't know how to kiss, well since this is my first kiss.

I pulled away.

"I don't know how to kiss." I said. He smiled, my body fell.

"It's okay." He said and stepped away from me, he left me space.

"So, do you need help? With the laundry?" He asks me.

I nodded.

He placed his sports bag on the floor and took the shirts out and placed them into the washing machine.

I looked at him. He placed the detergent in and pressed the buttons. The machine activated and it spun. Suddenly a noise came on, Bayley took his phone out.

"Hello?" He asks.

"Yea. She's here." Bayley answered.

"Okay." He said. I looked at him when he put his phone away.

"It was Coach. He said he had to go do something so, I guess I'll give you a ride home." Bayley said. I took in a breath.

"Okay." I said. I then took a seat on a chair. I looked over at Bayley to see him staring at me. He was leaning on the machine.

"What was that?" I asked him.

"What the kiss?" He asked.

"Yea… what was it about?" I asked. "I mean, do you just randomly kiss girls like that?" I asked.
He shook his head.

"No… this is the first time." He said. He looked away, embarrassed as if.

"Do you like me?" I asked. He looked up at me.

"Yea. I do…" he said.

"Do you like me?" He asks nervously. Oh, so Dianna never told him.

"I don't know." I said, his eyes gave away the sadness.

"I just… I don't know you that well yet." I said.

"All I know is how your kiss affects me." I said.

"How?" He asks,

"Good. It affects me good." I said, he smirked and walked towards me. I just sat there, he looks down on me. His height was hovering over me and I felt this kind of magnetic attraction. Why did I feel it and is it possible?

"Your lips affect me good too." He said smoothly. I tried to not smile but I did. Then I remembered something.

"But… the team." I said. He was silent. "I don't want you off the team." I said to him.

"I don't either." He said and looked down, he was in conflict.

"…. why don't we just not happen… I mean until you get the trophy home?" I told him. He gave a light smile but frowned immediately.