‹ Prequel: Absolutely Hate You
Status: Working.

The Simple Love Story

She likes me.

Image

It has passed a week since that kiss, now all the guys were pumped up about the tournament. Sam has been out lately and I don't know why either… yea sure, my uncle is good-looking.

I remember when I was 6 he always had another girl on his arm.
He was such a player… that was until he met Tiffany. Tiffany was basically like my aunt, she was also the longest to stick around. The thing was that Sam was a super great hockey player for the Blackbirds, they won Stanley Cups when he was on the team… now they're pretty much drop-outs. They became drop-outs because Sam quit the team, he never talks about it because that was the day that I never saw Tiffany again. I cried that whole night… not just because she was the only woman role model I had… but because Sam was crying too. He was trying to hide it but I knew… we were related after all.

I never really thought about the kiss unless I was alone… which was now.

I was alone and bored so my mind slipped to thinking mode.

I thought about the breaths, the touch, the feeling, and Bayley. I was never one of those girls who thought about guys but… this is the exception for now. Okay, I'm lying… this isn't the first time I have thought about it.

I am a teenage girl, we all have over worked minds. The thing is… I don't know what to do. I know we both agreed on when they get the gold trophy home but… nothing. Nevermind…

Bayley's POV

I hope she's watching me. Today, Jimmy was taking place as goalie and I was on outfield. I was doing my best moves, I hope Matt was watching from the benches.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" I heard Coach Patton yell. I looked to him. He was looking straight at me. I took off my helmet and went towards him.

"What's wrong coach?" I asked him.

"You weren't following my plan." Coach said.

"Oh. I'm sorry. I'll do better." I assured him.

"You better boy, this tournament might win you a scholarship." Coach said and I nodded. What was I doing! This was exactly what I was afraid of, my mind wasn't on the game… it was on Matty.

"How was practice?" My mom asked when I arrived home.

"Not so good…" I answered honestly.

"Aww… I'm sorry." She said sympathetically. "What happen?" she asked. I went to sit on the kitchen table, she was cooking some food but she seemed hopeless.

"I… You know Matt?" I asked. This time my my turned around and looked at me.

"You mean Matty? Yes… yes I do." She said with a slight smirk, she had humor and amusement in her eyes.

"Well… I like her. Alot." I confessed to my mom. Gosh, I'm such a priss.

"I knew it! You know one time at the mall, she told me she liked you." My mom said, I was surprised.

"Really… the mall. Was that one the first one?" I asked.

"Yes." She replied. A smiled gleamed on my face… the first time that she went shopping with my mom was way before we kissed… that must meant that she liked me before.

"Oh… interesting." I said and grabbed my stuff. I went towards the stairs.

I felt my mom staring at me from behind.