‹ Prequel: Absolutely Hate You
Status: Working.

The Simple Love Story

All's Fair in… nothing.

Image

Bayley's POV

"She's your niece?" I asked Coach Patton. I am so surprised. Dex told me there was a girl in the locker room. I didn't know it would be Coach Patton's niece. I even tried to get her to leave but she was too headstrong.

"Yep." Coach said.

"Jeez, Coach… Where have you been hiding her?" Clark asks all the guys agreed. They all thought she
was pretty… and maybe I did a little too.

"I've been hiding her from you boys. I know you boys like any girl that walks by." Coach said sighing.

"So, that's why you won't let me join the team?" We all looked at her. We thought she left.

"Matt… there's more to it. You can't handle playing this game." He said. She scoffed and rolled her eyes.

"I'm not normal, okay Sam?" She said and placed her hands on her hips.

One of the guys whistled. Dex standing next to that guy hit him upside the head. I smiled feeling happy that Dex did so.

"Matt… what did I tell you. Your dad's going to kill me hearing you call me that. It's not only that I don't want you to date any of my boys, it wouldn't be fair. All these boys have been training and working their butts off, if I let you play it wouldn't be fair to them." Coach Patton said.

It was true, it we let her play it wouldn't be fair to the other guys. All our hard work wasted on a girl.

"Coach, I will not play this game so she can play." One guy said.

Another guy joined in saying "Aye." and another. They were all acting really stupid… for her.

Coach Patton sighed.

"No. That's final. Now Matt go out and sit with your father." Coach Patton commanded her.

She huffed and pulled her hood down. Her brown hair fell out, her light brown hair was beautiful. It looked so soft and touchable… She walked away and out of the locker room.

I turned around to face my teammates they were still gawking at the place she left. I rolled my eyes.

"GUYS!" I screamed loudly.

They all snapped out of it. Seriously.. "We have to win this game if we want to go to regionals." I said.

"Sure, sure." Most of the guys replied.

"I'm serious, I want us to win today." I said seriously.

"Fine…. we'll win…. knowing Coach's niece is on the stand." Clark said smiling.

"Yes.. show off my fine skills." Frank said grinning too.

"Hey! Listen up." Coach Patton said loudly. We all turned to him, he sounded very serious.

"My niece is hands-off. If any of you boys are dating her…. you're off the team." Coach said very seriously.

Everyone murmured their okay's and yes'. Coach was dead serious, no smile or anything… nothing.

Matt's POV

I was so mad right now. How could that guy have ruined everything… with my UNCLE? I went to the seats and found my dad. I sat next to him. Next to us had two young couple, he had his arms around her and she leaned on him. My dad was looking strained… this was always how he was whenever he thought of my mother.

I scoffed in my mind, there is nothing to remember about her at all. I don't even want to think about her right now.

"Hey dad." I said.

"Where did you go?" he asked.

"Girl stuff." I said and smiled while sitting down.

"Oh, Matt?" He asked. I looked at him.

"Yes?" I said.

"I'm going off next week for a station." he said.

"Oh.. okay." I said. It's always been like this. My father and the army… I could see why my mom left him but honestly.. she had me but apparently that still didn't keep her from leaving.

We watched the game… we were one point down and it was last minute. I was scared off my seat. The other team was trying to make the last goal, when he hit it… our goalie caught it! WE WON! I jumped off my seat and started screaming with happiness. I then randomly hugged the woman next to me because she was up and jumping like I was.

"GOOOOO BUULLLDOOOGGSS!" I said loudly along with the other cheers. Finally! They're going to Regionals.

I ran down the stand to greet Sam, I mean Uncle Sam. I ran to him and hugged him.

"YOU WON!" I said happily.

"Yes we did." He said smiling too and hugging me back.

"But if I played today, we seriously would've been at least five points ahead!" I said and he laughed and ruffled my hair. I heard someone clear their throat behind me.

"Do we get hugs too?" One of the hockey players on Sam's team asked. I frowned.

"You were horrible. How could you lose that shot? The dude was totally on the other side and you went towards him? You could've narrowed it!" I scolded the guy, I remembered his number so I could be able to yell at him like I am doing now. His face went down and he left. The other guys laughed as he left.

I exhaled a forced strong sigh.

"Sam, thank God you had a good goalie. I swear… if that dude didn't block the shots, you would've lost." I said. I wonder who the goalie was anyways.

"Matt… what did I say?" Sam asked me like and adult, I pouted.

"Sorry." I said. "Uncle Sam."

"It's alright. And by the way, you can thank the goalie." Sam said and pointed with his eyes to the guy behind me. Two of the people that sat next to me were embracing the guy, the woman that I hugged was embracing the guy and was trying to straighten his sweaty disheveled hair.

I cleared my throat, "He seems busy." I said.

My thankfulness for the goalie all disappeared. He was number 27, he was the guy that ruined my plan. They started walking this way… towards me. He glanced up at me but then looked behind me.

"Nice game today buddy." Sam said to the guy.

"Thanks, Coach." He said happily and tired.

"Jeez Sam, you push my boy too hard." The man behind the guy said.

Sam raised his hands up like he was innocent, "Trust me Mac. I don't say anything. He does it all by himself." Sam said with a laugh.

"My Bayley, just like his father… so determined." The woman said.

She looked at her son with a lot of love and admiration. I tried not staring but it was so warm looking, her eyes then adverted me. She smiled.

"Sam, who this?" The lady asked.

"Dianna, this is my niece Matilda Patton." He said. I smiled and greeted them with hellos.

"Oh, no wonder. The whole game she was up and out her seat, screaming and shouting and cheering like crazy." Dianna said.

Sam got me into a throttle, he then fisted my head, "Yep. She's my niece alright." I pulled away and ran my fingers through my hair.

"So, why don't we have a celebrating dinner tonight? For all the hard work and help that you brought my son to regionals." The man said, he was the father.

"Yes! Why not? Never say no to free food, right?" My uncle Sam said smiling.

"You can bring your niece too. She must be starving from all that hype." The woman said.. I couldn't help but agree to go.

In the car I was silent… I kept thinking about that woman and how she looked at her son… the guy that ruined my master plan.

She looked at him to lovingly… she loved her son with so much…. a way a mother should love their child… a kind of mother not like mine… she never left her son. Not like mine...