‹ Prequel: Absolutely Hate You
Status: Working.

The Simple Love Story

Practice

Image

"Thank you for the dress." I thanked Mrs. Kohner. She smiled.

"It was no problem dear." she said. She called me dear...

"I'll go into the restroom and get changed so you can have it back." I said.

"What? No, don't. You look so beautiful." she whined... She whined. Hahahaha.

"But, you need your dress back." I exclaimed. She shook her head.

"No I don't. That dress suits you, it's too revealing on me." she said frowning. I smiled, this dress was ten times more revealing on me than other things.

"I'm sorry but it's very revealing on me too." I said looking down. My legs were so bare. She made a pout face.

"Aww, and here I thought it was cute but it's okay dear. How about this? I bring you to go shopping for another dress?" she asks happily.

Why is she offering to go buy dresses with me? Why is she so nice to me?

"Yea. That would be amazing." I said honestly. I smiled and she hugged me.

"Yes! I barely have any girl friends since my friends left." she exclaimed.

"Oh." I said. She thought of me as her friend. I smiled at the fact.

"I'm never asking Dianna to get you a dress again." Uncle Sam exclaimed when we got home. I changed back into my clothes because sitting in a car with that dress on killed me.

"Well you have to, I'm going dress shopping with her." I said.
He groaned.

"Whyyyyy?!?" he moaned out. I laughed and went to my room but stopped.

"Uncle Sam?" I asked.

"Yea?" He answered properly.

"Why is Dianna so nice to me?" I asked. He shrugged.

"Most of her friends are out of state or country. She really only communicates with specific people. She doesn't talk to much people other than Mac and Bayley." He said. I nodded.

"She's really nice to me." I exclaimed. He smiled and nodded.

"She must like you then. Trust me Matt, she's a really good woman but she only picks specific people because of her own terms." He said.

I nodded and went to my room. I took the dress out of the bag and hung it nicely onto a hanger.

My first girly dress. I tried not smiling but I did, I smiled like crazy. This was something Dianna gave to me with nothing in return for her.

I smiled.

A mother would go around and buy dresses for her daughter… but in my case my mom isn't here to even start with it. I felt something wet on my cheek, I reached up and my fingers led the slide of wetness to the source which was my eyes. I wiped away the tears, crying is for wimps.

"I'm going to the hockey rink today." I said.

"Okay. Have fun." He said.

"I know I am." I said smiling. Today was Sunday, my father left yesterday. I greeted himself and went home with the normal life. Just Sam and I now. So, that means I can cut the crap and call him Sam.

"Hey, Sam? Can I use the car?" I asked.

"Sure, I'll use Lottie." He said.

"Thanks." I said and grabbed the keys. Okay… you might be wondering who's Lottie? And why in the world is Sam using it. It's not a person, I swear but we all consider it to be. Lottie is our old motorcycle. It's been used by my father and now to Sam.

It was named Lottie because it needed a lot of work before anyone could use it so my father named it Lottie, the need a-lot motorcycle.

I skated fast and sleek as I went towards the net. I did a lot of tricks by myself, I pretended as if it was there was a person but there wasn't. The rink was empty mostly today because it was Sunday.
People had church or other things to do than go to a ice rink. I played the game before feeling to tired.

I took off my helmet and started skating towards the in-door. I stopped… standing there was Bayley. He was looking at me. I did a casual wave and headed in. I was tired.

"Are you finally tired?" He asks. I smiled.

"Yea. How long have you been here for?" I asked.

"Oh… minutes.. hours.. who cares." He said.

"Oh, yea sure… whatever." I said and walked past him.

Bayley's POV

It was Sunday.

I was woken up early by my dad, it probably meant that mom was too tired to run with him so he made me. It wasn't a big deal to me so I just did whatever. We went for 4 miles and when we came home mom had breakfast splattered on the table.

"Hello boys." She said. Both my dad and I sat down and started chomping on food. She always laughed when we ate like animals. One of the many weird things my mom does for her own enjoyment.

"So…. have you seen or spoke to Matt lately?" She asks me. I choked on my egg… yea on my egg.

"No." I said trying to clear my throat.

"Oh. Well if you do can you please ask her when she's available to go dress shopping with me?" She said nicely. I looked at my mother… something was up.

"Okay… why are you acting so nice to her?" I asked.

"I'm not acting. I'm being. Acting is for mean people who need to climb a social ladder." My mom exclaimed.

"Okay. Why are you being nice to her…. you barely know her at all." I said.

"Well, Bayley. I see something in her that makes me feel good about it. She seems nice and she loves hockey just like you." She said and smiled, "I've been so lonely lately ever since your aunt Lexi had baby James." She said pouting a bit.

James was my aunt Lexi's baby boy with my uncle Daniel, this was their first child so aunt Lexi has been a bit busy lately.

"Why can't you go make friends with women your own age." I asked.

"Bayley, I may be your mother but I'm far from old. Just ask your dad how I do in bed." She said offended in her childish manner. My dad choked on his food this time. I laughed.

"Okay mom, too much information. I don't need to know any of that." I said and finished my breakfast.

I decided since I was so bored and in doubt about my skills for next month's game I went to the ice rink.

When I got there I was hoping there wouldn't be anyone there which was the usual thing but this time when I arrived there was a hockey player playing.

I stayed up at the seats and watch him go, he was good. He did many cool tricks that I didn't know. He had a good strategy in his tricks. I was seriously impressed by this dude… I went to the locker room and dressed fast, I need to play that dude. Since I'm team captain maybe I can get this guy on our team.

As I rushed out I see the guy stop playing, he was still on the ice…. then he started skating towards me. As he came closer I started feeling more strange as ever, it was a she, he was a she…. she was Matt.

She took her helmet off and shook her hair. She had sweat droplets on her face but she wasn't red like I was when I trained hard… her face was glowing. She stopped in front of me noticing me there. She gave a light wave.

I smiled, "Are you finally tired?" I joked.

She smiled too, "Yea, how long have you been here for?" She asks me.

I shrugged… I was trying to play it cool as if I hadn't been staring at her with envy and admiration for an hour.

"Oh… minutes.. hours.. who cares." I said, I sounded like a douche bag.

"Oh, yea sure… whatever." She said giving me a 'okay..' look and walked past me. She just blew me off, I felt seriously embarrassed by this girl right now. I sighed.

"Wait." I said loudly. I turned around to see her looking at me.

"Yea?" She asked.

"Oh, well my mom was wondering what day would be nice for you and her to go… dress shopping?" I asked.. I wasn't really sure if it was called dress shopping or not.

"Um… next Saturday. Your mom can pick the time, I'm free that whole day." She said.

"Okay. I'll tell her." I said to her… I wanted to say more to Matt but words cannot escape my mouth. She smiled and waved and then left. I stood there dumbfounded.