Status: This is slowly being written. If you comment, I write another chapter.

Friends Before Lovers

.5

We talked a lot more on the way to the theater, just like we always have. The only thing that changed was he held my hand in line to get the tickets. “Ugh, that popcorn looks so good,” I moaned once we were inside, I whined and stomped a little. “It’s so fatty; I’m trying to lose weight. I know! Trick me, get the popcorn without butter and I’ll walk over there.”

“No, you don’t need to lose weight. Just shut up, popcorns no good without theater butter,” Zacky pulled his wallet out and took out a twenty from the fold. “Want some twizzlers and an icee too?”

“You know me so well,” I smiled up at him and patted his arm. “You’re damn skippy I want twizzlers and an icee. I have to go pee; I’ll meet you at the podium.”

“Okay,” he smiled back and watched as I walked into the girl’s bathroom. I finished doing my business and walked up to the sink to wash my hands and came upon the misfortune of seeing Miranda Snow, one of Zacky’s high school girlfriends that hated me with a passion.

“Mylo?” she seen me in the mirror and turned my way, she grimaced a little but tried to force a smile. “How are you?”

“I’m doing good, how are you?” I responded, I hated idle chitchat with someone you can’t stand. If I could, had it been legal, I would have stabbed her with my nails but I didn’t want to ruin my date with Zacky.

“I’m good, um…how’s everyone?” she searched for something to say, though I knew we both wanted to run away from each other as fast as we could.

“Everyone’s the same,” I smiled when I realized I could probably be a little bit of a bitch to her, seeing as she publicly humiliated me during a pep rally and I never really got her back. “Zacky and I are still going strong, nine years.”

“You got with him?” her eyes instantly turned icy, I knew I had hit that soft spot. She’d always been in love with Zacky and couldn’t stand that he was in love with me. “Is he here?”

“Yeah, date night?” I shrugged casually with a free-spirited laugh. “Having four kids, it’s hard to come across free time but Matt offered to watch little Annie, Jacob, Misha and Jordon for us.”

“Oh,” she sneered a little and didn’t even try to give me a fake smile. “Congrats. Tell Zacky I said hi for me.”

“Will do, sweetheart,” I winked and turned around, happily proud of myself for making my own night. When I walked out to greet Zacky at the podium, I couldn’t help but curl up into his side and whisper. “If Miranda Snow ever comes in contact with you, stick with whatever she says.”

“Miranda Snow?” he stared at me curiously for a minute before he recognized the name. “My high school girlfriend? Why?”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry its been so long, I haven't had a computer. Please forgive me, thank you for reading!