We Can Dance in Death Tonight

Second Family

-Balz-
I walked into the house and saw Sam sitting on the couch, in jean shorts and a white tank top. she looked up and smiled at me.

"come sit" she said, I walked over and laid down, putting my head on her thighs. she played around with my hair for awhile as we watched Avenged Sevenfold, All Access. I rubbed her leg gently, knowing how hard it was for her.

"how was your visit with Jimmy?" I finally asked her. She hasn't talked about her trip to LA much since she got home yesterday.

"rough. cried my eyes out. he decided to make it rain as I was leaving and laughed at me. fucking dick" she mumbled, I chuckled lightly and left it alone. I knew she didn't want to talk about it much. We laid there for awhile, lightly laughing at the tv. I leaned over and gently kissed her thigh.

the door flung open and Ella ran in, crying her eyes out. Sammy got all worried and flustered.

"El, what's wrong?!" she yelled. I got up and moved over so Ella could sit between us.

"everything's so fucked up. Abbey was so calm when it was coming closer to her wedding. she wasn't stressed, everything was going smoothly. why is my wedding all fucked up!" she cried.

"Ella, she had 9 other people helping her with that wedding, you took this all on yourself!" I told her "what happened?"

"Eric and I met at a Used concert. during Earthquake. so we wanted The Used to be our very first song to dance to, Smother Me to be exact. but the band I hired, the girl can't sing it. it sounds like a fucking raccoon being strangled. she can't hit Bert's notes. this is the one thing about the wedding that meant so much to me, and now it won't happen"

"does the band know how to play it?" Sam asked, I looked at her. Ella nodded "tell them to be at where ever they practice. I'll sing Smother Me for you. you deserve the wedding you dream of"

Ella's face lit up and she looked at Sam. for the first time since she walked into this house, Ella smiled.

"would you really?" Sam nodded "oh my god, Sam you are the best person ever. oh I love you" she hugged her "thank you so so so so so much! Eric is going to be so excited"

"than what are you still doing here? go tell him!" Sam told her, Ella hugged her one more time and left. I moved closer to her and wrapped my arms around her.

"that was really sweet" I told her.

"if it came down to it, and the singer couldn't sing my wedding song, I'd want my friend to do it for me too" she shrugged. I kissed her cheek.

"you ready?" I asked, she nodded. "I'll meet you out by the car"

"want to take my car? I'll let you drive" she smiled, I nodded.

she ran outside to go start her camaro, a car that she acted was like her baby, she loved showing that thing off. it was adorable.

"HEY CHRIS! SAM AND I ARE LEAVING. BE BACK LATER!" I screamed up the stairs. he just replied with a weak 'okay'

I walked outside and got in the drivers seat, Sam jamming out to Attack Attack! I smiled, laughing at her. our drive to New York was somewhat silent, we had a few small conversations, but mostly just enjoyed each others company. around 12 we made it to Manhattan, and I parked in on the street infront of a restaurant.

"this is our first date?" she asked, and I nodded.

we went inside and got a seat in the back, infront of a huge mirror that looked at water.

"so where are we going after?" she asked, picking at her salad.

"Wooster. just to get a small piece of work done by a friend" I told her, smiling. I picked up a french fry and held it infront of her mouth "you know you want it"

"ugh, I've been staring at them the whole time!" she joked, opening her mouth and allowing me to feed her. "that was cute"

"I know someone whose cute" I smiled, her face turned a light shade of red. we continued to eat and make small talk. after we finished eating, we got back in the car and drove to the nearest garage to park, since you couldn't park infront of the shop. we walked hand in hand until we reached the shop.

"oh Wooster Street Social. I've never heard of this parlor" she mumbled. we walked inside and went straight to the desk.

"hi, how can I help you" the lady said.

"I'm here for_" I began but was cut off.

"MEGAN!" Sammy screamed, running around the box and wrapping her arms around her.

"Megan" I finished.

"what's with the screaming?!" a guy asked, coming out from what I was guessing his office. "Sam Smith!"

"Ami James" Sammy spoke softly. "Tim? Tommy?"

"am I the only one that's lost here?" I asked, the girl at the desk and the guy next to her shook their heads no.

"oh, sorry babe. uh that's Ami, Tim and Tommy. fuck, Ami, I thought you were still in Miami?! and Tommy, when the hell did you get to the east coast. you, your just everywhere"

she looked so comfortable here. her face was all lit up, she was happy. tattooing was her passion, she just couldn't handle the fame.

"what are you doing here?!" Megan asked. Sam pointed over at me. "oh, hey Balz. wait, what?"

"my cousin Abbey married Chris. and I moved in with them. and than we happened" Sammy bit her lip. I walked over and hugged Megan. "when'd you come to New York?"

"when Ami asked me to be on his team. I can't believe Abbey married Chris, small world. how's my Shay baby?"

"with Ricky" I told her.

"holy shit. Chris and Ryan are married, Shay's with Ricky, your with Balz, TJ and Ang the only single ones again?" Megan joked. "what'cha need today Balz?"

just a simple little hand piece. I need a touch up. As I started talking to Megan about what I needed, Sam wondered off and talked to the other guys. the smile never left her face.

"how long have you and my Sammy been together?" Megan asked.

"its our first date actually. but if you want to count anything else that's happened, about two weeks" I smiled.

"Balz, you know I love you guys, and you're some of my best friends, but I've known Sam for awhile, and I've seen the things she's been through. please, don't hurt her. she really needs a good guy like you" Megan calmly said.

"I don't plan of ruining this one" I promised her. "what's the scar on her back?"

"oh that's when she was stabbed" she said it like it was nothing.

"I thought she meant figuratively. she was actually stabbed?!"

"yeah, she was walking with Dan, a friend from La, one day and this girl her boyfriend cheated on her with came up to her and stabbed her with a steak knife. just a little nerve damage. she thought it was nothing, while everyone else freaked out about it. Dan blames himself still, even after all these years"

Megan finished up my tattoo and wrapped it. we joined the conversation and I found out that Sam tattooed with all the artists in this shop at one point.

"I'm sorry for breaking this short, but babe we should probably head home" I told her, she nodded.

"hey, now you know where here. come see us at some point" Tommy told her.

"you bet I will, bye guys" Sammy smiled, hugging them all goodbye.

"aye, be good to my girl. believe me, you don't want these three on your ass!" Ami threatened, Sam smacked his arm but grabbed my hand and walked out.

we got home around 6 and just in time for Abbey's family dinner.

first date, successful.