We Can Dance in Death Tonight

Party Foul

I stood in the door frame for the kitchen, looking at Sam.

"bonjour Bert! comment allez-vous?" she said. she knew a different language? damn. "ah! vous êtes à proximité? avec qui?"

"what the hell?" Ricky asked. "is she speaking french?" Sam turned around and shushed us. I nodded.

"venir, nous aurons un barbecue. mettre tout le monde" we just stared at her. "Je suis sûr qu'ils vont vous aimer, ne vous inquiétez pas. voir les gars bientôt, au revoir!"

she hung up the phone and stared at us, chuckling.

"what?" she asked, we shook our heads.

"french? you speak french and you didn't tell us! dammit, I should've snatched her before you did Balz" Ricky commented, walking away. she looked so puzzled.

"a girl that speaks french is extremely fucking hot" I shrugged "so who was that?"

"Bert Poncet, from Chunk! No, Captain Chunk! he's on tour with Sleeping With Sirens and Attack Attack! I told them to come over and we'd have a bbq" she smiled. "I'm gonna go to the store, I'll be back in a little bit"

she walked right past me and down the stairs. Angelo offered to go with her and she told Abbey what was going on. while they were gone, we cleaned up a little bit and set up the back yard for a large amount of people. Chris sent Ryan TJ out to get alcohol, knowing those bands weren't like us. when everyone returned home, Angelo and Chris began to prepare the meat as Abbey and Allie made salads and other little things. I went upstairs and went into Sam's room.

"are you okay? you've been ignoring me all day" I blurted out. I sat on her bed and laid back. she pulled out a bathing suit and a pair of jean shorts. she turned around and stared at me "well?"

"everything's fine babe" she whispered, going into the bathroom. I followed her, catching her mid-change. "Josh."

"Sam." I mumbled. she got closer and wrapped her arms around my neck. "what's wrong?"

"I didn't want to tell you, because I know your anger situation" she mumbled.

"what?" I basically spit. she pressed her lips gently to mine.

"Whiting and I had a little fling a long time ago, like back in 09. it was three years ago and now he's a good friend of mine, I just feel weird having an ex-fling and my boyfriend in the same area" she mumbled. I smiled. "why are you smiling at that, I thought you'd flip out"

"you called me your boyfriend" I whispered, kissing her. "as long as he doesn't make a move, I'll try my best to restrain myself and only because he's your friend"

"thank you babe" she kissed me again and pushed me out of the bathroom and got changed, walking out in her bikini and putting on those jean shorts. she threw on a motionless tank top. I winked at her.

we went outside and saw that Sleeping With Sirens and Chunk! had already arrived.

"KELLIN!" she screamed, letting go of my hand and running to him. he picked her up and swung her around. she said hello to every other face in the yard. "okay, guys, this is Kellin, Jesse, Justin, Gabe, Jack, Justin (tech) and Bert, Eric, Paul, Mat and Jonathan"

"I might faint" I heard Abbey whisper to Sam, they both laughed.

"this is Abbey, Shay, Balz, Chris, TJ, Ryan, Ricky, Angelo and Allie" Sam finished. "this is my family"

"thank you guys so much for allowing us to come over" Bert said. I saw the guys stare off, myself included, I could hardly understand him.

"he said thanks, you idiots!" Sam told us, we just nodded.

"oh anytime dude!" Chris smiled.

"ils ne comprennent pas le français, je suis désolé les gars" Abbey said. the french guys just smiled.

"Shay, babe, can you speak french?" Ricky asked, wrapping his arm around her. she shook her head no. "dammit! Ab, Sam, teach her please!"

"RICKY!" Sam yelled. I just laughed. "où est l'attaque?"

"ils devraient être là d'une minute" Bert said.

"OKAY ENOUGH OF THIS FRENCH TALK!" Kellin yelled, we all agreed.

"did we miss that party?" I heard, everyone turned around.

"WETZEL!" Sam screamed and ran, hugging all of those who just walked in. "Wetzel, Caleb, John, Sean, Tyler, Luke, Brandon, Taylor, Stiffler and Whiting" she looked at me, I just smiled. she walked over and stood by me. "this is Allie, Shay, Abbey, Chris, Angelo, TJ, Ryan, Ricky and Balz"

"its nice to meet you all" Caleb smiled.

everyone kind of split and went there separate ways, talking to different people about different things. Sam was talking to Caleb and Wetzel when I saw Whiting come up behind her and wrap his arms around her waist. I stood up.

"Joshua, down. now" Abbey ordered. "I know what's gone on between those two, just give it a few seconds"

I sat down and watched. Sam unwrapped his arms and turned, looking at me. Whiting looked at me too. she pointed, smiled and he nodded. some people went into the pool and others just walked around. I heard bottle after bottle clink at the bottom of the trash can. Sam walked over and sat on my lap. she kissed my cheek.

"what'd you tell him?" Abbey asked.

"I unwrapped his arms, pointed at Josh and said "see him, that's my boyfriend, and I really don't think the guys want you in the hospital, so I wouldn't do that" and he understand" I just laughed.

-Sam-
"FUCK OFF RICKY!" I heard Shay scream, walking away from him and into the house. I looked at him and he seemed upset, as Abbey ran inside to see if she was okay, I went over to him. he just wrapped his arms around me and put his head on my shoulder.

"what happened?" I whispered. sitting him down by the shed, we both lit up a cigarette.

"she was in the pool with the Chunk guys and some of the SWS guys, and they were playing chicken, and she was on Paul's shoulders and he was getting a little touchy, and she saw I was getting a little jealous, so she just continued to let it happen. and when she came out I said something and than she screamed and stormed off. I don't even fucking know whats wrong with her anymore. I try my best to be the guy she wants but she always just freaks out"

"that's because she freaks herself out. you're a guy that actually wants her, wants to spend time with her and be with her and shit. she's scared of that. just as I am. she'll get over it. come on, come hang out with me" I told him, taking his hand and pulling him up.

I took off my shorts and shirt and heard whistles around the yard, I just raised my hand and gave everyone the finger. I motioned to Ricky to take off his shirt but he just shook his head no.

"don't fucking make me do it" I said, he laughed, taking it off. I leaned over and kissed his cheek, than pushed him into the pool, jumping in after him.

"PARTY ON WAYNE!" I screamed, gaining a "party on Garth! from Abbey.

Whiting got pretty drunk by 9 and while I was talking to Jesse, came up, put me over his knee and planted one right on my lips. I pushed him off quickly, motioning for Jesse to get him as fair from Josh as possible, because he was storming across the yard, dragging Ricky behind him. I put my hands on his chest.

"babe, move" he said threw clenched teeth.

"come on bro, let's go get some of Ang's wings!" Ricky tried to distract him.

"I warned you Sam. and he crossed the line!" he snapped. I was pushing him back.

"JOSHUA BALZ! RELAX!" I screamed. he was still trying to get after Whiting. "Caleb, get him on the bus NOW!" Caleb and Jesse scrambled to get the severely drunk Whiting threw the gate and to the bus. "babe, stop this"

"bro, come on!" Ricky mumbled "he's drunk! he doesn't know what he's doing!"

"both of you let go of me, I don't want to hurt either of you" he snickered.

"if you don't calm the fuck down and go in my room right now, and god forbid you hurt him, so help me god Joshua!" I mumbled. he looked down at me, ripped his arm out of Ricky's hands and stormed up to my room.

by 10 I put the drunken Attack Attack!, Chunk! and some of Sleeping on their buses and set them off. I went upstairs and took a quick shower, getting into bed with Josh.

"you have no idea how fucking bad I wanted to hit him" he mumbled.

"I'm aware." I whispered "he was drunk! knowing me and you are together and if he was sober, he would've never done that. he's dumb when he's drunk, just drop it"

I flipped over and straddled him. he just stared at me.

"god, you were so fucking hot" I whispered, he laughed as I leaned down and kissed him.