We Can Dance in Death Tonight

Sink Or Swim.

I walked into the house with Angelo by my side, and saw Abbey and Sammy, sound asleep, Abbey on Sammy's thighs and Sammy with that part of the couch reclined. I looked at the tv and saw the credits for Moulin Rouge.

"you grab Sam, I'll get Abbey" Angelo mumbled, I nodded, waiting for him to pick up Abbey so I could grab Sam.

I followed him upstairs and put Sam in her bed. I heard Chris talking to Angelo about why they were both downstairs at 6 in the morning. apparently, Sam had a mental breakdown last night and Abbey tried to calm her down. I kissed her forehead and walked downstairs, leaving with the guys for the photo shoot.

-Sam-
"Samantha" Jimmy's voice rang, he'd always call me by my whole name when he was upset with me "what'd I tell you about this?" he sat down next to me and stared at his grave.

"Jimmy, it's not fucking fair! I need you" I whispered to him, I felt his arm wrap around me and I leaned in closer to him.

"I'm always here. there isn't a second of the day that I'm not looking over you and the guys. not to mention the fans. its all I do now-a-days. I miss you too Sam, that smile, your drums. I know you and the guys try putting on poker faces but you're all weeping inside, and it kills me. If I could, I'd come back, but my body had its fight"

"I wish you were still here, I'd love for you to meet my new family. Abbey got married to this guy Chris, you'd absolutely love them all. especially Angelo. he's a drummer, not as amazing as you, but he's pretty fucking amazing. and Josh" I trailed off.

"I've seen them all, they're all really sweet guys. watch out for that TJ guy though, I've seen the way he's looked at you" I laughed "you're falling for Josh. I can tell just by the way you say his name"

"so you approve?" I asked, he nodded. "I'm glad"

"don't worry sweets, he's falling pretty hard too. it's the little things he does that makes you like him so much" he whispered "I have to go. I love you so damn much Samantha Marie. so fucking much" he kissed my cheek and disappeared.

"JIMMY!" I screamed. "I love you so fucking much James Owen. so damn much" I whispered


I woke up with tears in my eyes and my breathing heavy. I ran into Abbey and Chris' room, waking them up. Abbey came downstairs with me.

-Balz-
Upon arriving back from the photo shoot, Abbey and Shay made us dinner. we all sat down and started grabbing food, but there was an empty seat.

"where's Sam?" I asked. Everyone stared at Shay and Abbey.

"she's having a rough day. she's been in bed since you guys moved us. I brought her some food, don't worry about her" Abbey told me.

I put a bunch of food on my plate and grabbed my knife and fork, and walked upstairs and into Sam's room. she just stared at me.

"I wasn't going to let you eat alone" I told her, I saw a small twinkle in her eye.

she moved over and I sat down. I looked at the TV and noticed she'd been watching How I Met Your Mother. we ate in silence and when we finished, I took our plates downstairs and went back to lay down with her. I kissed her head as she laid on me.

"if you don't want me to stay, I can come back tomorrow. I know you've had a rough day" I whispered. she shook her head.

"no, stay. please" she mumbled. I kissed her head again.

"of course babe" I told her.

we laid in silence and eventually fell asleep.

I woke up to muffled chaos. drawers opened and closed and a zipper closed. I felt someone kiss my cheek and than a door closed.

"where are you going?" I heard Abbey's distant voice.

"I have to leave" Sam's muffled, shaky voice mumbled. she'd been crying.

"Sam, you can't run away this time! it's different!" Abbey yelled.

"I'll be back in a few weeks" the front door closed and than a car door. I heard Sam's camaro start and it pulled out, she sped down the street.

I'd finally noticed what happened in my dozed off state, and jumped out of bed and ran downstairs to an extremely upset Abbey.

"what happened?" I asked.

"she fucking ran away. she freaks herself out, shuts down, and flees every time she fucking falls for a guy. I know its scary for her, but she shouldn't do this to you!" Abbey yelled.

"wait, she's scared of falling for me?" I asked, she nodded. I grabbed her keys and ran out the front door.

-Sam-
I sped to the airport, knowing it wouldn't be ling until one of them noticed and came after me. I parked in short-term parking, figuring I'd just call Shay within the next few days to pick up the car. I rushed inside and brought my ticket to Ohio. I waited on the security line, impatiently tapping my foot. I went to grab my shoes and other belongs when I heard Josh screaming my name, and the security men telling him that he couldn't go any farther.

"I'm sorry" I whispered, walking away. I went to the gate and took out my phone. I waited for his voice to answer.

"Craig, I'm so sorry. I know this is short notice, but do you mind if I come stay with you for a few days?!" I immediately asked.

"sure honey, is everything okay?" he asked.

"I'll explain when I land. I'll be there in two hours" I told him, hanging up. my phone started to ring and a picture of Josh and I came up. I answered "Josh, please"

"why are you running? this is bullshit Sam" he told me. I walked onto the plane.

"I'm leaving, I'm so sorry"