We Can Dance in Death Tonight

Trace Out The Heart

we stood there and watched as Chris carried his new wife threw the threshold. I held my heels in my hand and walked forward. we all gathered in the living room.

"thank you for a wonderful night everyone. it really does mean a lot to me that I got to spend the day with my favorite people" Abbey sniffed. "we're going to bed"

"just, wait a minute there children. family conference, now!" I smiled, everyone stood in a giant circle. "I know you told absolutely everyone not to buy you things, but when do I ever listen?"

"never" Chris joked. I held my hand out and he grabbed it. I watched as they opened the card and saw the two tickets to Paris.

"Sam, you brought us tickets to Paris?" Abbey could hardly get out, I bit my lip and smiled.

"at first I was going to have Angelo and Shay get you guys out of the house an decorate the whole house and yard like Paris, but that wouldn't have been good enough. I talked to the guys at the studio, and the producer actually has a wake to go to the day you guys are supposed to start recording, so he was going to call anyway and ask to push it back a few days. so I figured, why not let you guys have an actual honeymoon. you deserve some time alone, without all these knuckle-heads"

I was swarmed by hugs and kisses from Chris and Abbey.

"now just wait a minute! we have something for you guys too!" Tyler announced. "I found your list of invites and sent out my own personal email, after talking to my lovely sister, and told them instead of buying you worthless things, donate, willingly of course, money to your fun in Paris. here is a pre-paid credit card that has $800 dollars from everyone at your wedding, including all of us in this lovely home"

"you guys are seriously the best family anyone could ask for. I will never be able to thank you!" Abbey said, completely crying now. "GROUP HUGE!" everyone gathered around Chris and Abbey and laughed.

"you two better go to sleep. I'm taking you, along with Tyler and Pamela, to the airport tomorrow morning. be up, packed, showered and ready by noon! your plan leaves at 3!" I told them.

"have fun guys! TJ, Ricky and I are gonna go home!" Ryan announced, basically carrying TJ out of the house.

"mind if Balz and I stay here for the night? we'll come with you guys to the airport!" Angelo asked, I nodded.

"I'd love for some company" I smiled.

"Shay is going to come over and stay at my place for a few days. have fun guys! you deserve some alone time!" Ella announced, grabbing Shay's bag and walking out of the house.

"I love you both. thanks for everything" Shay hugged Chris and Abbey, than turned to Tyler. "I'm proud of you big-bro. your turn next, Pamela better become my sister soon. I love you" she hugged them both and followed Ella out.

Abbey and Chris went upstairs to change, pack and sleep. Tyler and Pamela went to bed and Angelo was in the kitchen making me something for the three of us to eat. I went upstairs and changed out of my dress, putting on my attack attack! basketball shorts and an old OM&M tank top. I loved summer time. I took out my contacts and put my glasses back on. I went downstairs and heard Ang tapping his fingers away on the counter. I walked onto the back porch and saw Balz sitting alone on the swing set.

"mind if I sit?" I asked, he motioned his hand in a swift gesture and I took a set, bringing the lighter to my cancer stick. "have fun today?"

"actually, I really did. thank you! you kept me entertained" he giggled.

"with my awesome dancing?! I know, I'm prettayy good" I joked, we both laughed and I took another drag from my cigarette. "whatcha lookin' at?" I stuck my tongue out at him. he laughed but looked away.

"just noticing how much different you look when you have your glasses on, either way you still look pretty" he mumbled, I flicked my cigarette into the bushes and took his hand. he looked at me.

"you know, your a really sweet kid. but you know, if you weren't so weird maybe you'd have a girlfriend" I joked, he snapped his teeth at me, I giggled.

"GUYS! I MADE CHICKEN PARM!" Angelo screamed. I knew my face lit up.

"I guess you like chicken parm?" Balz questioned, I grabbed his arm and started walking towards the door.

"my absolute favorite!"

-Balz-
I sniffed the air before opening my tired eyes. Angelo, Sam and I didn't go to bed until 2 in the morning. I looked at the clock under the TV and saw it was 10. I got up and walked up into the kitchen, witnessing Sammy dance back and forth in a pair of worn out jean shorts and a black tank top. her hair in a messy bun.

"how do you have so much energy?" I asked, she jumped and turned around. I laughed "didn't mean to scare you"

"rockstar. that's how" she stuck her tongue out at me. I came up behind her and leaned my chin on her shoulder. "banana walnut pancakes, and Chris' favorite, chocolate chip"

"am I waking up Ang and your brother?" I questioned, going into the fridge and grabbing myself a rockstar.

"unless you want your head chopped off, no" she giggled. she plated the last pancakes and put them on the table. "mind getting out the syrup, orange juice and milk? I'll go wake them up. just yell up for Ab and Chris"

she skipped down the stairs and I heard a loud thud, than Angelo complaining.

"HE ISN'T A MORNING PERSON!" I yelled down to her.

"I FOUND THAT OUT!" she yelled back, and I laughed. "GOOD MORNING TYLER AND PAMELA. GUESS WHO HAS TWO THUMBS AND MADE BREAKFAST?! THIS GIRL!"

"I WILL SLAUGHTER YOU!" I heard Tyler yell. I shook my head and put everyone on the table. Chris and Abbey walked downstairs, grabbing their plates and throwing some pancakes on it. I did the same. Angelo walked upstairs.

"how'd she wake you up?" Chris asked.

"other than jumping on the couch and pulling the blanket off me? than I rolled off" he giggled. I smirked.

the devil herself came back up the stairs and grabbed her plate, grabbing some pancakes before anyone else could steal them all. Pam and Telle came up the stairs and took their seats.

"mhm, my baby sister does know how to treat a man" he mumbled. "any man would be lucky to have her!"

"agreed!" Ang, Chris and I said together.

After cleaning up Sammy's mess, I went downstairs and took a shower. wrapping the blue towel around my waist and grabbing the blow-drier. I shook my head repeatedly. I just put on a pair of black skinnys and my Miss May I muscle tee. when noon hit, everyone was in Abbey's SUV, Angelo driving.

"we'll honestly never be able to thank you guys enough for this" Chris mentioned. "I honestly do have the greatest friends and family"

"our pleasure" Sammy smiled, than continued to lean into her brother. they began to whisper . I heard my name once, but ignored it, simply smiling. Chris looked over and winked at me. I shook my head.

just like every girl, Sammy and Abbey starting crying upon saying goodbye to everyone at the gate. their plane left before Telle's, so we dropped them off first.

"have fun! I promise I won't let them break that much stuff in the house" Sammy muttered. Chris hugged her and than Abbey. they waved the whole time as they entered the terminal.

"you'd think they were never coming back!" Angelo joked.

we walked to the other side of the airport and stood outside the gate.

"it was really nice meeting you. I'm excited to tour with you" I told Telle.

"yeah, me too. you guys aren't half bad" he joked, patting my shoulder. he said goodbye to Ang and looked at his sister. "oh come on Sam, I'll see you soon!" she started crying and he pulled her close.

"it was nice meeting you Pamela" I said, hugging her goodbye. she didn't talk much.

"I'm proud of you TyTy. and I love you. and I'm so glad you found Pam. and you know you'll always have me and Shay and Ab. please be careful, and call me more often. I might not be able to drive to your house anymore but i'm going going to disappear" Sammy told him. I saw him tear a little.

"be good babysister. I love you" he whispered back. he looked over to me and Angelo. "take good care of my sisters and cousin. I would be lost without them"

"we'll take good care of them Telle, don't worry" Angelo promised.

they hugged one more time and walked away. I looked at Sammy and saw her bloodshot eyes. I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her close. I let go, getting a little lower infront of her.

"come on, hop on" I joked, she jumped on my back and wrapped her arms around my neck. she laid her head on my shoulder.

Angelo drove back to the house and told us that he'd be back tomorrow and that he'd wanted to sleep in his own bed for the night. I couldn't blame him, I wanted to sleep in mine too, but I wasn't going to leave Sammy alone. After Angelo left, I sat on the couch and flipped through the channels. I smirked, looking over at Sammy.

"go get changed, I'm taking you out to dinner!" she looked at me "no wings, I promise" she giggled, hopping out of her spot and running upstairs. when she came back downstairs, she had on a pair of skinny jeans, a v-neck and a pair of boots. she handed me her keys and we left. I took her to a diner, leaving her in the car and getting the food.

"why aren't we eating at the diner?" she asked, I smiled, putting the food in the back seat and driving towards the mountains.

"im taking you to my favorite spot. no one knows about it, so you have to keep it a secret" I said, as we pulled into the clearing. I grabbed the towel I'd thrown in the back and put it infront of the car, placing the food in the middle and motioning her to sit.

"Josh, it's so beautiful out here" she whispered. I looked over the clearing and saw the city below us.

"when I have bad days, I usually come here. I'll sit here, listen to music, read a book or write some lyrics down. some for the band, and some for myself. its my get away. I love it here" I told her.

we sat and talked for awhile. getting to know each other better. the smile never left her face. I looked at the sky, and noticed it was starting to really get late.

"we should probably get home" I mumbled, not wanting to leave. she stood up and walked towards the ledge, while I cleaned up. when I turned around, she was facing me with her heels off the edge. "Sam, come on. this isn't funny. let's go"

"why do you seem so scared, Joshua Balz?" she giggled.

"Sam, your basically hanging off a cliff. come on, please move away"

she looked down and looked back towards me. I started to walk towards her until I saw the small smirk form against her lips. she bit her lip and leaned back.

"SAM!" I screamed, lunging forward and trying to grab her hand. she laughed. "Sam, I can't lose you!"

"who said you did?" she asked. I leaned over the ledge and saw her standing on a bunch of rocks. she started laughing.

"SAMANTHA, YOU'RE NOT FUNNY! I thought you jumped" I admitted, scratching the back of my neck. I put my arm down "come on, grab my hand"

"I think it's funny. how did you never notice there was another ledge here? it sticks out farther than that one!" she giggled. she grabbed my hand and I pulled her up.

Most of the car ride home was silent. only five minutes away from the house did she actually take my hand and twine our fingers together.

"are you seriously mad at me?" she asked, I looked at her.

"Sam, you jumped off the side of a cliff. I thought you died. yes!" I told her.

"pwease don't be mad at me, I like adventure and fear" she winked. "I think that's why I like you guys so much. your fun, but yet you have that slight hint of fear, hidden far in the back of your eyes and no one knows when you'll snap" she bit her lip.

I pulled into the driveway and let go of her hands. I unlocked the door and went inside, going to the kitchen to throw away our trash. I turned around and saw her coming down the stairs with a bikini on as she pulled her hair into a bun. I saw her side tattoos and smiled. I followed her with my eyes as she walked into the backyard and dived into the pool. I ran upstairs and searched through Chris' closet, finally finding a pair of his swim trunks. he wouldn't mind!. I ran outside and jumped in, splashing her.

"did you think I was going to let you have ALL the fun?" I giggled. she smiled, than splashed me with a bunch of water.

for awhile all we did was splash each other, dunk each other and spit water at each other. she hopped onto the ledge of the pool, feet still in the water. I moved closer to her and stood against the side of the pool. I started tracing the heart she had on her thigh.

"who was the artist that did this on?" I asked, continuing to trace it. I saw goosebumps raise on her skin.

"The Rev did it, 9 months before his passing. one of my favorite" she bit her lip. I looked up at her and smiled.

she smiled back and leaned down, pressing our lips together gently. they moved in sync for a few seconds, until she broke it off, jumped out of the pool and ran towards the door. leaving me in the pool. I heard a soft laugh escape her lips before her figure ran up the stairs and into her room.
♠ ♠ ♠
so everyone knows, I changed Steph's name to ShayAnne!
thanks for reading(: