We Can Dance in Death Tonight

West Coast Days

I moved back into the house with everyone and today we were leaving for the Asking Alexandria/I See Stars/Trivium/ and The Amity Affliction. we all piled into the bus and began our way to California for the first show in Chico. I laid in our bunk and was texting Zacky.

"you okay, love?" I heard, Ryan opening the curtain. "you're back here all by yourself."

"yeah, i'm okay! just texting Zacky. they're still kinda mad at me for getting back with him" I frowned, knowing my best friends were mad and hardly wanted to talk to me. and if they did, they only told me to dump him.

"hey how about when we get to San Diego, me and you take a little road trip and we'll go see them." he smiled.

"you'd do that for me?" I asked, honestly touched that Ryan would drive over an hour from San Diego to Huntington Beach with me.

"I know you've been upset about them being mad at you, so yes, yes I would. I'll get us a rental car to pick us up at the venue at 9" he smiled and kissed my forehead. "now come on, come eat with us"

"thanks Ry" I smiled. I kissed his cheek as he helped me out of the bunk. I sat between him and Balz and ate my Chinese food.

I was extremely happy with Balz. he'd given me space and didn't push anything on me. we'd talked about what happened and we're working threw it. he'd proven to me that he wanted me and no one else. he pulled me onto his lap quickly and I let out a giggle. he leaned in and pressed his face against the side of my neck.

"I've missed that so fucking much" he whispered, than looked up at me and smiled. I leaned down and pressed my lips to his. I felt him smile, and when I pulled away, I saw everyone else smiling.

we stayed up late and talked and laughed. eventually, one by one we all disappeared. until I was the only one left. I walked to the front of the bus and sat in the passengers seat, next to Korel.

"you okay sweetie?" he mumbled, than yawned.

"why don't you let me drive, Josh. you're tired." I told him. he looked at me in disbelief. "what have none of the girls offered to drive before?"

"well Abbey and Allie are scared to drive such a big van slash bus, so usually its just us guys" he laughed.

"yeah, well believe me, I've driven a bigger bus. go on, get some sleep" I smiled. he pulled to the side of the road and got out of the drivers seat and allowed me to sit down. "just follow the blue line, i'll get you some stuff to drink"

he disappeared as I began my drive. he soon reappeared with some waters and a few rockstars. he kissed the top of my head.

"night Sam" he mumbled.

"night Josh" I whispered back.

I reached over and grabbed my ipod, skillfully putting in both headphones without swerving an inch. I pressed play and listened to the Moulin Rouge soundtrack flood threw my ears.

three water bottles and two rockstars later, I had to pee. badly. it was 3 in the morning and we were somewhere in Missouri. I heard shuffling and soon, someones dark figure popped up next to me. he took my headphones out.

"what are you doing babe? girls don't have to drive" I heard his sleepy voice mumble. I looked over and saw his bed head. "you freaked me out. I passed out and woke up without you next to me"

"believe me, this is probably one of the tiniest buses i've drove. and Josh was really tired so I took over at about midnight. but I have to pee so can you drive for a few minutes?"

"yeah, i think its my turn anyway" he smiled.

I pulled over and hopped up, kissing him quickly and running to the bathroom. after grabbing another water bottle and two rockstars, I went back to the front. "I can still drive, I'm fine"

"your listening to the Moulin Rouge soundtrack!" he smiled. "i love that soundtrack!" I giggled. "and no don't worry baby, I've got it. relax"

I sat down and handed him a rockstar, gaining a small head nod. he began to sing along to the sounds.

"so whose been helping you sing?" I questioned, yawning.

"Abbey's been helping me keep my pitch in control" he smiled and continued to sing. I fell asleep to his voice softly flooding my ears.

I woke up the next morning to Ricky driving. I stared at the clock and saw it was 11. I got up, kissing his cheek and walked to the back.

"where are we?" I asked. I sat down next to Abbey and stole a few sips of her coffee.

"almost to Cali" she smiled, grabbing her cup back.

"I need bones" I tried rubbing the sleep from my eyes.

"you sound like Beau" Ryan laughed, and I nodded in agreement.

"theres a starbucks a few miles ahead, want me to stop?!" Ricky asked.

"I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER" I told him.

I jumped up and grabbed clothes, than quickly changed. I looked into my bunk and saw Balz passed out. I walked back to Allie.

"what time did he quit?" I asked. grabbing her eyeliner. she gave me a dirty look.

"about an hour ago. thanks for taking over for me last night" Josh smiled, hugging me.

"no problem!" I smiled. I grabbed a permanent marker and wrote star scream on the bottom of the driving list.

"star scream?!" Chris asked, giggling.

"MOTHER FUCKING STAR SCREAM! JUDGE ME FUCKER!" i screamed, than heard Balz turn in the bunk. "oh shit, sorry babe"

Ricky pulled over and advised me we were at starbucks. i got way too happy and jumped up and down and ran out the door. I ran inside and got a vanilla bean frap with whipped cream. soon enough everyone else walked in and ordered something too.

I quickly took a picture of the menu and sent it to Beau, Eric, Jared and Elliot. each other them sent me a sad face. simply stating they each wanted to be here. I wondered back onto the bus and Chris began his turn. I sat and messed around with Ryan in the back lounge until we came to a full stop. I heard Chris yell that we were in California. and we were a day early.

"ALLIE, ABBEY, SHAY! GET YOUR SWIM SUITS ON, WE'RE GOING TO THE BEACH!" I screamed. running to the bunk. I lightly shook Balz up. he smiled upon opening his eyes "hey baby i'm sorry to wake you, just wanted to let you know some of us are going to the beach"

"hey, I wanna come!" he laughed.

once all of us were changed, I drove to the nearest beach and parked. Allie, Shay, Abbey and I ran out while the guys grabbed drinks and towels and the necessary stuff. Shay and I quickly ran to the rental shop and grabbed two boards. as Allie and Abbey sat and helped the guys lay out a few towels, Shay and I ran into the water.

after catching a few waves, we came back to the guys and sat down.

"so I guess you two miss California" Angelo quickly replied.

"sorry but the east coast sucks when it comes to waves" Shay shrugged. sticking the board into the sand and sitting next to Ricky.

"I didn't know you two could surf so well" Ryan mumbled.

"Shay, I'm using your board!" Angelo yelled out. he grabbed it, than my hand and pulled me with him.

just as the last time we went to the beach, I simply floated on my board and watched him. he surprisingly remembered everything I told him. but sadly, it was time for us to bring the boards back, so we did.

we sat down and kept a conversation for awhile and i explained to everyone how i learned to surf and when I taught Ang and Balz. it wasn't long until the girls were back in the water.

we stood around for awhile, just relaxing with only half our bodies in the water. but soon, Allie disappeared and returned above water, being carried by Ryan. Abbey screamed as Chris picked her up and threw her. her splash slightly getting me. Ricky just grabbed Shay and scared her. out of no where, I was being picked up. I giggled and wrapped me arms around Balz quickly.

"don't you dare throw me" I told him. that evil smirk grew on his face. my stomach began to fly "Joshua, don't you dare"

"I love you" he whispered, pecked my lips and tossed me into the air.
♠ ♠ ♠
hey guys! so sorry its taken me awhile to update!
i'm leaving in the morning for florida for two weeks, so sadly, I wont be able to update until i return.
and than the day after, i will be attending warped tour to see Motionless In White!
thank you for reading. an update as soon as i get home! promise<3
-stephy.