Status: Sequel is posted :) !

Cinderella for Hire

one.

I was sitting at my tiny workspace for hours, drumming my pen against the pile of newspaper clippings scattered over the desk. The dull light from the monitor was beginning to hurt my already-bloodshot-eyes and the 3rd cup of coffee I drank wasn't working. Caffeine had proven itself to be worthless.

And for the umpteenth time that night, I beat myself up over the fact that I went to an art college. In the current economy, it was equivalent to saying, "oh no, I'm actually planning to be unemployed from the start. That's my future dream job, you see. Unemployment."

I sighed loudly as I continued to vigorously scroll through multiple websites and relevant forums. I've been doing this for a while now. I couldn't even remember the last time I had a proper meal and I was pretty sure I've been eating instant noodles for months now. And my rent was overdue…

It wasn't like I wasn't trying. I was. I went on numerous job interviews only to be turned down because they found someone better.

Refresh.

A new job ad appeared on the site, the words danced across my eyes.

URGENT: (Pretense) Girlfriend for Hire.

- Preferably blonde, early 20s, big boobs.
- Able to attend to various events.
- Starting salary: $2k. Negotiable.
- PM for details.


For what seemed to feel like hours, I sat in front of the computer with my brows furrowed. When I saw the ad, I scoffed. Honestly, what kind of creeper was this guy? But then, I saw the salary. I could pay off my rents! And buy meat! And you know, it wouldn't hurt to ask for details. If he was basically asking for a hooker, then I'd refuse instantly. But maybe, just maybe, this guy just needed someone to show off to in public events.

I chewed on my bottom lip.

Wouldn't hurt to try.

I clicked on his profile and the small, mail icon.

Who knew such a small, desperate action would make my life so complicated later on?
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm alive! It's been a while since I've written anything (in English too for that matter). I'm pretty sure I need a beta reader for this story (still considering though).

I'm sort of in a hurry to sleep now (it's 2 a.m.). I'll edit the layout tomorrow when I wake up, and if I spot any grammar mistakes I'll make sure to fix those too. Feedbacks would make me happy ;D And thanks SO much for reading, I appreciate it! :D