Status: Sequel is posted :) !

Cinderella for Hire

eleven.

After Nicholas revealed a little bit more about himself to me in his office, I was…rejuvenated, you could say. He wasn't that bad! He was probably a soft teddy bear somewhere beneath that tough guy exterior. And suddenly life seemed just that little brighter (since I was going to be living in the same space as this guy. Better keep this info away from my mom for a while). I was Nicholas Fulton's (pretend) girlfriend, I could get free food at the events he went to (honestly, if I were him, I'd be ecstatic to get free food) and on top of all, I was actually getting paid to attend these events!

"Who the hell approved these ads?" He barked into the phone. Okay, maybe not much of a soft teddy bear. But still. I watched him as he paced around with his phone pressed against his ear. "I haven't heard a word from anyone about this so-called 'new' campaign. Of course I'm not satisfied with it, you moron! There is nothing about that piece of crap that says 'professional'!"

Maybe I should just slip away…

When I got up, he gave me a cold stare that made me sit down again. What did I do wrong? Oh my god, maybe he thought I was that idiot who approved the ads, or whatever it was. But I didn't do it! I was innocent, I tell you—

'Stop it, April. You don't work here.'

When he finally got off the phone, I just stared at him questioningly. "Sorry about that. I forgot to ask you something. That email you used when you first contacted me, I'll give it to my PA so any invitations to senseless, stupid events would be CC'ed to you. It'll give you a rough idea of my schedule. Sounds good?"

I nodded and said, "hey, Nick – oh, don't give me that sour look. I'm going to call you that whether you like it or not! Why do you even have to go to these events if you hate it so much? It's not compulsory, is it?"

"I'm in marketing, that enough should explain things," he said, sighing. "My job demands me to go around and actually socialize with people," he continued, spitting the word 'people' as if it was venomous. "My family is a rowdy bunch too. It's crazy. If I don't go to any of it, I'll be slacking off."

I couldn't help but smile. Didn't know why he was so grumpy about it; big families are awesome. "So basically my job is to make you look like you're having the time of your life for these things even if you want to gauge someone eyeballs out with your fingers?"

He snorted in laughter. "See, we're getting along already."

His laugh was contagious. He should stop being uptight about everything and actually smile once in a while.

Plus, being grumpy around his girlfriend (i.e. me) wouldn't bode well either. People might think we were having a fight or something. Darn, I should give this guy further lessons on How to Not Be Grumpy Around Your Own Girlfriend.

"You're leaving right? Drop your email at Zara out front."

But the thing was, I didn't even need to go outside to meet Zara the PA. She came storming after this Strawberry-blonde woman, her green eyes glanced wildly from me to Nicholas. I meant, Nick.

"I'm sorry, Nicholas," Zara, the raven-haired PA said, looking close to tears (surprisingly). "I tried to stop her, I really did but—" she said in a flurry but was stopped when Nick raised his hand, shaking his head.

"It's fine," he said, smiling. "I'll deal with it."

"It?" The blondie said vehemently. "What's THAT supposed to mean, huh, Nicholas?!"

Oooh boy. What was happening now?
♠ ♠ ♠
4 a.m. Insomnia at its' best.
Hello there! I hope you've enjoyed this one! It just occurred to me that the pacing is a tiny bit slow in the story (or maybe that's just my imagination) and I'm sorry for that, I'll try to pick it up in a couple chapters.

Last but not least, thanks for reading (you guys are AWESOME!) and do leave a comment :D I'll appreciate it.