Status: Sequel is posted :) !

Cinderella for Hire

thirteen.

Andrea Brooke was someone I've met one night in the same bar we were sitting in right now. Back then, she had a book on her lap while downing shots after shots of vodka like a pro. And now she was in med school, nothing much changed. Except that maybe her tolerance towards vodka increased ten folds, she didn't care about her make-up much and she brought a highlighter along.

She was some sort of a multitasking monster. And she was my best friend.

"Do you like him?" she asked, pointing the neon pink highlighter straight at me.

"Do I like my boss?" I shot back. "That is so unethical."

"Well, do you?" she pressed on, giving me a smile. "That would be so romantic."

"Oh for goodness sake, Andrea. It isn't romantic at all. He's not boyfriend-material, really. He's so work-driven. Like tonight, we're supposed to spend time together as roomies, but he had to go have a 'business drink'."

Okay, I might've been biased about that because I was really annoyed because I wanted my first roomie experience, damn it!

"And like his on-and-off ex-fling came to the office today, it was horrible. She was a wrench with some kick ass manicures, but she's still a wrench. But I feel sorry for her, somehow. Nicholas might've treated her like crap when she was his girlfriend. Who could really blame her for being such a wrench?"

"What's the deal breaker? Like, why did Nicholas broke up with her for good?"

I shrugged and took another sip of my martini. "Dunno, I never asked. I didn't know how to."

The curiosity was killing me, frankly.

And then it suddenly occurred to me. The USB drive in Olivia's hand. I looked at the time. 10 p.m. I thought of calling him to talk to him about the USB drive but honestly I could imagine where the conversation would lead to if he was still at 'work'. He'd be like "are you insane, April? Are you insaaaaane?!"

You know, more or less.

It can wait.

"What the hell are you doing?" I asked Andrea when she was back to studying. "You should've said you were studying for a test tomorrow and refuse my invitation to go out."

"Do you know how long I've been stuck in that school, April?" She said, sighing heavily. "It's been suffocating. My brain feels like mush sloshing around in my head if I don't escape from that prison."
♠ ♠ ♠
So the servers crashed and I lost ch. 13. To my horror, I didn't save chapter 13. The original one. So this is the new one. So sorry for the...switch. And the lateness in updating. I'm planning to post two chapters in a row tonight though, so let's see how that goes. No promises ;))

Thank you for reading and do leave a comment :D It'll make me very happy :"> Hope you've enjoyed this one :)