Status: Sequel is posted :) !

Cinderella for Hire

five.

"So we met through…?"

"College," he said. "Harvard. We were friends, but then you had to transfer elsewhere and we lost contact for a while. We met again last two months and started dating around that time too."

"'Kay. Oh and one more thing," I said, taking off my 5-inch heels. "I can't wear these. You wear them."

"Because that would be a very logical solution to your problem."

"Actually I'm just trying to make you see how ridiculous it is for you to even ask me to wear these," I said, rubbing my heels. "What if I'll sprain an ankle or something, hm? Who'll carry me?"

"I'd say me, but then again you look like you might weigh a lot."

"I don't like you," I replied.

A smirked form on his face as he said, "or, you know, I could always just buy a wagon and just dump you in it."

"Because that would be a very logical solution to your problem," I mocked, making a face and sticking out my tongue at him.

"Actually, if you really think about it, it is."

I actually didn't have any good comebacks anymore. Damn it!

"Wear it. At least you'd be close to my height then. If you walk around next to me like that, people think that I might keep you as my pet gnome."

Loading good comeback…loading.

"Y-yeah, well," I started, trying to search for words in my head. He raised his eyebrow at me. "Yeah, well…well…oh forget this! You suck."

"Just wear the stupid heels!"

I begrudgingly complied. You know, the way I see it, I could only look at things positively right now. Negative thinking wouldn't get me anywhere. Plus, I really want to eat real food again.

Ha-ha! The overbearing Nicholas Isaac Fulton wouldn't stand a chance against my optimism and craving for lamb ribs.

"Sometimes I really wonder what's going on in that little head of yours," Nicholas muttered. "Every time you get all weirdly silent you have this evil look in your eyes and that creepy smile. Stop. It'll freak my guests out."

I glared at him and got up from the chair. I was a blonde now. It wasn't that bad. Actually, it made me look and feel freaking gorgeous. Plus, I didn't know what magic make-up that make-up artist used on me, but all of my blemishes were gone, even my freckles. And my face looked absolutely radiant. My hair was curly, twisted in an updo and held in place by this diamond hairclips. And I was wearing this white cocktail dress with a black bodice, paired with black, sheer tights. Plus, there was that stupid 5-inch heels.

And you know in the movies where a Plain Jane is transformed into some sort of a gorgeous supermodel, said Plain Jane would gasp in awe and twirl around the mirror? I was like that. Only after that I snorted in laughter for 10 whole minutes (not even kidding you) while slapping my thighs.

Because honestly it all seemed somehow ridiculous to me. I mean honestly, what kind of magic did they use to make me that pretty? I wasn't aware Hogwarts had a make-up school for that matter.

Nicholas got up. He looked as perfect as ever in his suit.

"Shall we go? It's getting late," he said.

"Okay."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading :)