The Wind Blows

Believe Me I'm Lying

"You're sure you want to do this. I mean - you do know it's permanent - it'll be on your body forever-"

She rolled green her eyes with a smile on her lips as her hand tugged on his lightly, and he tried to keep up with her fast pace feet, "I know John. I've thought about this long and hard, so please would you just be there for support, and stop thinking of meaningless excuses on why I shouldn't bother getting one - you're not doing any good when you do that."

He gnawed at his bottom lip in useless thought, and released a defeated sigh as he tried to pretend like he was okay with what she was about to do.

They made there way into the rather small building - John's hand extended out to hold the door open for the girl who had nothing but a smile on the curve of her lips, and a glint of happiness in her soft pale eyes. The air-condition hit there skin, relieving them from the suffocating heat that was overbearing in the brightly lit sky outside.

She walked over to the counter with her head held high as John wondered aimlessly nearby with his hands stuffed deep in his pockets, as he observed the small girl from a close distance. She smiled at the young man, who introduced himself as Anthony, and who's skin was covered in nothing but ink across his arms.

And she was so sure of what she wanted, and where she wanted it - and it didn't take long before the tattooed boy led them towards the back, where she placed a seat in the elongated lounging chair while John stood nearby with an uneasy look on his face. He appeared more scared than she was at this point.

"I really wish you'd stop worrying," she confessed to him, but like always he denied having any worry for what she was about to have done. And all she could do was roll her eyes, and try to believe him when he said he was there for support.

"So is this your first?" The young man who was filling out a few forms turned his body in the rolling chair he sat in, to face the nervous green eyed girl with a charming smile on his pink lips. She could sense John snickering at the sickening way this guy was trying to flirt with her - and the way that she was doing nothing to ignore it as she nodded her head, and replied with a simple "yes" in return.

And after she explained to Anthony what she wanted, why she wanted it, and where exactly she wanted it placed on her skin - the lower left side of her torso - she was told to shed her shirt, and she immediately found her face burning red at the slight awkwardness this all was.

John tried his best to keep his green eyes away from the girl, and they both exchanged subtle glances before releasing nervous laughter into the quiet room. And as she laid back into the chair, she looked to John, placing her delicate hand within his for some form of comfort.

He kept her attention focused away from the pain, and on his smooth voice for the length of time it took for the permanent ink to be placed beneath her pink skin. And once the blood was wiped away, and the last few pricks were over, and done, the pain was over as well. And she was slipping her shirt back on, over her head, and handing over the money to pay for the tattoo, that was probably cheaper than it should have been.

She heard John scoff as they walked out the glass door, and Anthony made one last attempt to spread some flirtation her way before she left entirely.

"Do you always get hit on by strange men?" John snickered as he shoved his hands into the leather pockets of his jacket, while inhaling the damp air into his lungs.

"Not usually - why - you jealous?" She elbowed him in the stomach, casually sending him a wink as the corners of her pink lips curved into a innocent smirk.

He laughed nervously, and cleared his scratchy throat to avoid the embarrassment of it cracking before he was able to muster up something to say in response to her blunt question.

"No - I mean uh - not really -"

He ran a shaky hand through his tossed about locks, before turning to the girl who was laughing lightly at the way his cheeks were turning flushed - and the way that he was trying to avoid her eyes with his own. He could feel his throat closing up, and he wasn't sure why - because this was so unlike him, to be so shy when it came to flirting with a girl. But for unknown reasons his bones were shaking beneath his skin, and he couldn't stop the nervous quiver that ran through his voice whenever he went to speak.

But maybe it was the fact that everything about what he was feeling was simply ridiculous - it was wrong - because nothing could ever happen between them - it would involve to many complications that would only lead to more havoc, and chaos than he was already used to handling in his life. It was wrong - everything about it was wrong - but for whatever reason the temptation was still lingering in the back of his mind.

So he gave the girl a soft smile, "C'mon, let's go get some ice cream," he said sweetly for her to hear, before leaning down, closer, and pressing his thin lips against the side of her face, her skin soft against his mouth, as his long calloused fingers fell in between hers, and he somehow found his heart hurting for more than one reason on that hazy afternoon.

He grabbed his keys from the pit of his jacket pocket, sliding the metal into the ignition, as he cursed beneath his breath when he missed the slot, due to the constant shaking of his hands. The darkness was making it hard for his scratchy eyes to see clearly, and this whole situation was causing his mind to spin in circles. He pressed his phone to his ear, listening to the bells ring through his head, before her voice came through the speaker once more, telling him to leave a message, and she'd try to return the call.

He'd only been home for two weeks, and already she'd gone missing - running away from the best thing that she'd ever had in her life. And he could only assume she'd be at one place, and one place only. The place that no one really knew about, except for him, and her. A place where they escaped to on many occasions, just to be free - free of stress - free of expectations - free of life in general.

So as his foot pressed down against the pedal, and his calloused fingers clutched the steering wheel just a little tighter than before, he somehow made it to the lake in thirty minutes without any distractions along the way. He could see the the metal of her car reflect from his bright headlights as his tires skidded across the mudd, and dirt beneath.

And as he placed the truck into the park position, before shutting off it's engine, he ran a few loose fingers through his tosseled hair, and leisurely made his way out into the still darkness. The reflection of the moon hit the waters surface, providing the only source of light besides the numerous stars above.

He spotted the lonely girl from a few steps away, sitting casually on the hood of her car with her legs pulled up to her chest, and her chin resting on her knees. He let his feet carry him forward, before he carefully placed a seat next to her, making sure he wasnt disturbing her in any form, even though he knew he was being watched from the corner of her pale eyes.

"So, did Dani tell you tell you to come find me?" She mumbled bitterly beneath her breath, and between her teeth, as her sunken eyes kept their gaze somewhere besides him.

He shook his head vaguely, "No."

The sound of music playing softly through the rolled down windows of her car was enough to fill in the gaps of silence between the two. He let his green eyes wonder over to her with a smile growing on his thin lips, "You know this is our song."

And when she didn't speak a word - ignoring his presence - and her pale eyes remained focused away from his - he pushed himself from the hood of her car with the palm of his hands - the sole of his boot hitting the dirt below, as he took a step into her line of vision, and placed his hand out for her to take hold of.

He gave a crooked smirk, and shrugged his shoulder barely, "Wanna dance?"

She finally looked to him with a slight glimmer in her hazy eyes - hesitation in every step - in every breath she took from her lungs. She placed her shaking hand into his, and he pulled her from the metal of her car in one swift motion.

She let his lanky arms wrap around her waist, pulling her hips deeper into his, as the side of her face fell against his chest, and she closed her tired eyes to listen to the subtle beats of his steady heart. Her arms hung loosely around his neck, and their feet took baby steps in a pattern of circles to the soft melody of the music.

He pressed his lips into her hair, inhaling deeply like he always did when he was so close to her, "Why do you always run from everything like that, hm?"

She shrugged her shoulders against him, watching the darkness slowly pass them by, until she closed her eyes once more.

"I'm not sure," she whispered softly, "I think I just need a break from everyones expectations of who I'm supposed to be, and no one seems to understand," she let out a heavy breath, letting herself fall into his arms even further, "I'm so tired of feeling this way."

He held her body a little tighter against his, before pressing his thin lips down against her shoulder, whispering words of, "I'm sorry," that were muffled into her clothing, but were still audible to her ears.

And as time leisurely progressed by, they kept on dancing, with closed lips, and closed eyes, until the mellow song came to an end, and she pulled her face away from his chest to peer up into his mint green specks.

"You know what we never got to do?" He questioned as he bit his bottom lip with a deviant expression, peering down at her like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

She shook her head, and he gave her a twisted grin that made her second guess on if she truly wanted to know or not.

"Well," he took a step away with the same smirk still pulling on his face, "you've always wanted to do something stupid and spontaneous," he grabbed the hem of his shirt, and swiftly lifted it over his head, before tossing it on the hood of her car, "So how about a mid night swim in the lake?"

She was smiling at this point with her arms folded over her chest, and shaking her head at the way he was smiling like an idiot as he kicked his boots from both of his feet.

"I don't know babe, it doesn't seen too daring enough to me," she chuckled lightly, with her dazed eyes watching him as he pulled off the jeans that were hugging his scrawny legs so tightly.

He set his pants aside, with the rest if his clothes - making a pile atop her car, before making his way to her, clad in only his boxers, and a deviant smirk set on his lips.

He reached forward, and grabbed her by the small of her waist, pulling her body closely against his, as he placed a gentle kiss on her soft smirking lips, "It's not," he mumbled, "But doing it naked can be pretty exciting."

He shot her a subtle wink, before he roughly pushed his chapped lips flush against hers, and she had the urge to never detach herself from his hands, and mouth ever again.

The fabric of her clothing was being peeled from her pink skin in the sinking darkness, as his hands helped hers in the process of it all - shedding everything that they had attached to them - until they were both wearing nothing, and they were running for the clear water in the light of the moon.

The vibration of her laugh could be felt against his lips, with his nails digging into the soft skin along her bare hips as she threw her arms around his neck, and held on tightly when they both fell into the crisp water all at once.

She let her forehead fall against his - the warmth of her breath striking his face with every exhale her lungs took and there was a small smile on her supple lips, as he kissed them lightly - feeling her legs float around his waist beneath the waters calming surface.

"I love you so much," he whispered softly, as if someone may hear them amongst the darkness, even though they were the only two people that could be found for countless miles on end.

She held his face in the palm of her hands, letting her thumb lightly graze the skin across his lips, and the corners of his mouth - trying to feel every ounce of him on the tips of her fingers, "You know I've never really had a stable family, you're all I've got," she let her sad eyes burn into the core of his as she spoke with sincerity, "And I'm so sorry if I've made you think that I don't care - because I do care - and I do love you, so much."

She swallowed lump that was surfacing in the pit of her throat, pushing away the tears that were sure to spill from her sunken eyes, "I need you to promise me something though," he could see the moonlight reflecting from her eyes, "You've got to promise me, that if something were to ever happen to me you'll make sure to take care of Dani -"

"Anna," he bowed his head solemly, "baby please don't talk like that -"

"No John," her vioice was no longer soft, but firm, as she hit her small hand against his bare chest, pleading for him to shut up, and listen to what she had to say, "I'm not going to sugarcoat the truth, okay? So you - you just have to promise me that you won't let anything happen to her."

The saline tears were beginning to fog her clouded vision, and cast down across her flushed cheeks as she tried to swallow the pain that was burning up inside her throat. She let him kiss away the beads of water, tasting the salt of her skin on his lips, as he moved his hands to gently craddle her face.

"You're not going anywhere - I won't let you," he spoke between tightly clenched teeth - his breath rough as it striked her pale face in the moonlight.

And the moment his lips meshed back into her trembling ones, and his hands slid down her soft skin beneath the waters surface, was the moment that she could feel the pain stinge against her heart.

Her fingers gripped anxiously at the skin on his shoulders - her legs wrapping tighter around his bare waist - pressing her body as closely as she could to feel his prescence, and to feel his body moldibg against hers. She roughly kissed at his lips, before they moved onto her skin, and she closed her eyes to remember the feeling, and hoped it lasted, because she wasn't sure how much longer she would able to put up a fight against the things that were eating her away inside.

And even though all the warning signs were there, no one had tried to listen - no one had tried to understand, and break down the lonliness that was eating away at her fragile heart - no one knew about the mistakes that had caused her to become so fearful of being happy. She was scared, and she needed help. She needed to know that everything would be alright when the last word was spoken, and the truth has been cleared from sinking her mind.


"I'm sorry for the way I acted earlier."

Dani shrugged her shoulders lightly as she stared mindlessly up into the gray shadow casted ceiling that hung above them. She'd come accustomed to John spending more time around her apartment, and his evenings lying in her bed next to her, reminiscing about everything in their past, the good, and the bad, but either way it was more than comforting.

"It's fine," she released a heavy breath into the evening calmness, as his long fingers continued their trail in a path up, and down the soft skin along her legs, while they laid opposite one another amoungst the spray of wrinkled sheets.

"It's been a while since someone's actually cared that much - it felt kind of nice for a change." She laughed softly at her sarcastic comment, but quickly stopped when noticing that John wasn't doing the same.

"I'll always care, you know," he spoke softly, and she felt the dampness of his lips kiss the smooth flesh along her leg, causing her to shiver subconsciously at the foreign feeling. She pushed herself up with the base of her palms - her back leaving the mattress, and her eyes falling down to greet his. She adjusted herself, so that her head fell down next to his on the plush pillow - and her face was so close to his that she could feel his breath hit her flushed cheeks.

Her green eyes were anchored so far down into his, she could nearly see the wave of emotions rushing inside of him, and crashing into a wall of unknown feelings.

"I think that's whats wrong with this world," she whispered softly, feeling his calloused fingers grip the fabric of the clothing along her waist, pulling her hips deeper into his.

"What's that?" He spoke softly in return.

She shrugged slightly, "I think people are always to busy with their own lives to ever realize that everyone has a story worth telling," she released a soft sigh as her hand caressed his face, "it's just whether, or not they're willing to listen."

The pads of her fingertips pushed through the deepest parts of his sand colored locks - her eyes observing the way his were studying the formation of her pink lips, as her breathing began to become heavy, and rough when she felt his large hands draw her hips even closer - deeper into his.

Maybe they were both just losing their minds - vulnerable with tired scratchy eyes that hadn't truly been put to rest in nearly two months now - with nothing but loneliness, and the need to feel again, they only assumed this had to be right.

He rolled his hips against hers, pushing her body with the palms of his hands until her back was lying flat amongst the mattress, and her dazed stare was peering up into his lackluster eyes. Her soft fingers were still kneading there way through the soft waves of the tangled strands of hair along the back of his head, and the skin on her face was melting from every breath that poured through the part in his lips.

"John." She whispered so softly that it nearly missed his ears as he took in a deep breath, with his body remained hovering over her small frame, while letting his legs fall between her own. Her breath hit his lips when she spoke, and he leaned down to lightly kiss the very tip of her nose, before making a short reply that would never receive a response, "Yeah?"

And as she looped her small fingers even tighter within his matted brown hair, she inhaled the breath that he was releasing before his mouth pressed down into the depths of her lips, soaking up the sweet taste that made his blood rush inside with excitement, from head to toe.

He slid his rough hands down her waist to her hips - brushing the tips of his fingers just above the waist band of her shorts, and just beneath her shirt to touch her skin, and feel her beneath his fingertips, as her knuckles burned white from clutching so tightly onto the soft fabric of his shirt.

Closure - that's all they needed - that's all they wanted - and that's all they were seeking up until this point when they were lying in her bed with his lips were attached to her soft skin, and his hands had ventured even further up her cotton shirt.

She rolled her hips up into his, causing him to groan in need against the bend of her neck. She moaned softly, as his palm slid over over the lacy material of her bra, before giving a light squeeze that left her squirming against the sheets.

"John," she whimpered, pushing her hands flat against his chest, "John - stop -"

He pulled his lips from the now dappled skin along her neck, with pieces of his hair hanging in his half lidded eyes, and his breaths heavy, and uneven against her face.

"What - what's wrong? Am I hurting you?" He peered down at the small girl. She had tears in her scratchy eyes, and he felt the nauseous feeling overtake his insides once again. This entire scene was all to familiar, and he was beginning to feel dizzy from the sudden remembrance.

"We - we can't - I mean," she paused to take a breath, and shook her head lightly, "I want to, but -"

He rolled off of her, and she shortly fixed her shirt to cover her exposed skin, as he sat next to her, running his long fingers through the depths of his hair. "I'm sorry, you're right, we shouldn't - fuck. I'm sorry - I mean this was stupid," he stuttered nervously, and she watched him crawl from the bed, "I - I should probably go," he paced the floor nervously, when all of his thoughts were rushing towards the front of his mind, and he couldn't take it any longer.

And then his eyes found hers, and for the longest time they didn't let go, and he watched as regret washed over the soft features of her face, "I - I'm going to go."

And just like that he was gone. She cringed at the slam of the apartment door, and the silence was enough to make her scream after he had left. The tears were still in her eyes. And this was all becoming something that she hoped would never happen. She laid down across the sheets, with her arms pulling her legs up to her chest. She wanted to run after him - she wanted to let him kiss her - and hold her - and make her feel alright, that's all she wanted. But at this point it was easier said than done, and she couldn't push back the feelings that were suddenly surfacing over a boy who'd made her so much happier than she'd been in such a very long time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wooo, they kissed, but John leaves. And it looks like Anna's hiding some things.

I know, I know. I'm sorry this took me so long to post, but I honestly had trouble writing it, and I somehow still ended up hating it. But you all gave me such good feedback on the last chapter, I couldn't just not post an update. So I've got this whole idea of how its going to play out now...I think.... Anyways, you know how theres always a "bad guy" in a story, or most stories there are.. Well there's going to be one in this one, so don't hate me when you guys find out. lol As for now, I guess you all will just have to wait, and see who the "bad guy" is....which equals SUSPENSE!

So please if you would please leave me some more feedback on this chapter, and tell me what you think, since I despise this chapter so much, and pretty much want to throw it out. It would mean a lot! <3

Comment's: Here
Subscription's: Here

Thank you so much for reading, and the support! <3
-Mallori