Status: Just getting started :)

I'll Never Let Them Hurt You

Well Done

Frank

It had been exactly a month since I met Gerard and October was drawing to a close. I'd been sitting at the table with Gerard and Mikey's friends, who, after a few weeks of long conversations, were now my friends too. They were all very welcoming and introduced me to all of their special 'friend secrets' so wouldn't feel left out.

"Frank? Are you even listening to me?" Mikey's shrill voice forced out of my day dream with a unpleasant jolt.

"What? Oh no, sorry Mikey." I shrugged a little. "What did you say?" I replied looking around the table hazily to see that everyone except for Gerard and Mikey were engrossed in conversations.

"I was asking when is your Birthday? I remember you saying it was in October but I forgot when." He smiled a me from the other side of our normal table in the canteen.

"I never told you in was in October?" I said slowly.

"It must've been Gerard then." Mikey shrugged. "He seems to known everything about you. It's a little creepy." Mikey chuckled and looked over a Gerard, who was looking a the table with forced enthusiasm, his cheeks crimson.

"I never told him either."

"Well that just proves my point then." Mikey giggled, while shifting a bit in Bob's lap as Bob turned to get a better angle to continue debating with Ray, as usual. "he definitely told me it was in October. Is it?" He asked curiously, causing Gerard to look further, if possible, into the surface of the table.

"Well yes it is." I replied hesitantly, eyeing Gerard's embarrassment with a tiny smirk.

"What date? What date? What date?" Mikey uttered quickly.

"31st"

"Oooh. Halloween. That's a wicked date for a Birthday. Are you doing anything special?" Mikey asked, at his normal fast talking pace.

"Not really, I have to work." I replied. Birthdays were never really a big deal when you can't buy anything anyway.

"That's too bad." Mikey paused for a moment. "What would you like?"

"Excuse me?" I replied politely, though I'm sure a look of confusion was spread across my features.

"What would you like for your Birthday?" He asked again.

"Oh. Nothing, it;s fine. I mean- I don't want anything." I smiled slightly at him.

"Well tough, because it you like it or not you're getting one from me." He nodded curtly and folded his arms. "And I'm sure Mr Creepy stalker will get you something too. He's probably already bought it." Mikey chuckled.

"Mikey would you shut it," an annoyed sounding Gerard's voice vibrated against the table top slightly. "I'm not a creepy stalker." He muttered.

"Don't deny it Gerard. All you seem to talk about is Frank this, Frank that." Mikey looked at his brother is amusement. "It's pretty creepy considering your history with him." He continued, but stopped himself with a regretful look after he saw Gerard's face.

"Thanks Mikey." Gerard spat venomously at his sibling as he got up to leave. "I'll see you at home." he continued, before grabbing his bag and storming through the length of the bustling canteen and out the door, pushing a few humans out of his way in the process.

"Well done Mikes." I said sarcastically.

"Sorry Frank, but I was doing it for you." He replied warily, hopping from Bob's lap to run a lap of the table to sit on the vacant seat next to me.

"Did what for me?" I asked.

"Basically told him to give up on liking you." He shrugged.

"Why?"

"I thought that you didn't like him, after what he did to you. It would be better if he was led into thinking he had a chance." He sighed. "I know I sound like a horrid brother, but it's for the best."

"I already forgave him." I whispered in sadness, a wave of nostalgia washing over me. "The morning after he saved me in the V-bar." I continued, knowing that Mikey knew about all of my and Gerard's past meetings, because I had informed him of them when he questioned me about Gerard raping me.

"Oh." He replied bluntly. "So you don't want me to drive him away with a stick?"

"Not really." I blushed a little and looked down.

"You like him don't you?" Mikey smirked and then clapped his hands together in joy.

"I guess so, yes."

"Thank God!" Mikey cried and started doing a little dance.

"Why are you so happy?" I asked cautiously.

"Now Gerard will stop pestering me, all. the. time. about you. He really really likes you Frank and now that I know you like him back, maybe he'll finally leave me alone now and again so I can have sex with my Bobby." Mikey explained.

"Too much Mikey." I scrunched up my nose in disgust but I couldn't help but on the inside feel radiant and alive. Gerard liked me. Someone like Gerard actually liked me. It had to be the reason why he had been ignoring my slightly over the past few weeks. My stomach started flipped with delight, each motion sending me further in a state of elated excellence.

"Sorry Frankie." Mikey cooed. "Now go!" He ordered in a booming voice.

"Go where?"

"To talk to Gerard of course! He'll want to know how you feel." Mikey used one of his long arms to indicate the exit that Gerard used. "He'll be out the back, smoking. Please go find him from me and tell him I say sorry." He insisted.

"Of course Mikey, and thank you." I smiled with joy and got up from the table. I seemed to sprint across the canteen in delight before reaching the door to the main corridor.

I strode through the long, intimidating corridor quickly, ignoring the usual glares that the humans who sat by the stairs at lunch gave me. I reached the white painted door.
With a shaking breath and a flick of my wrist, the door was open. I was face to face with Gerard, tears pricking his eyes, cigarette in hand, a curious expression plastered on his perfect face.

Here goes nothing. I thought hazily.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello all. Sorry for the wait. I'm having major writers block and procrastination problems with this story at the moment but thank you for sticking with me. I promise I'll get better. It's the Easter holidays soon and I can write more then.

Hope you liked this chapter, I think it could be better. Don't forget to comment, subscribe and read thoroughly, you don't want to miss the details.

Follow me on Tumblr here.

I'll see you in the next chapter my little plumpkins. Thanks for all the wonderful comments.
-Y