Not Good Enough For You

Chapter 2

Rayne's point of view:

"Rayne, sweetheart, it's time to get up" my mum, Beatrice said, as she shook me gently.
"Ugh" I groaned. I heard my bones crack as I sat up in bed.
When my mum left the room and went downstairs, I went down the hallway to the bathroom.
When I looked at my reflection in the mirror, I felt like crying again.
"Who would love this?" I said to my reflection.

After washing may face and brushing my teeth, I straightened my silk black hair. My hair was probably my only good feature, too bad my body downgraded my looks.
As soon as I had added the final touches to my hair, I put some eyeliner on (yes people, I wore eyeliner) and then I changed into my favorite Black Veil Brides t-shirt, along with purple skinny jeans and black converse. I then grabbed my bag and a hoodie and went downstairs.

When I reached the kitchen, I found my mum and my older sister, Destiny sitting at the table eating breakfast.
"Hey" I mumbled, sleepily.
"What would you like for breakfast, Rayne?" My mum asked, in her cheery morning-person voice. Ugh I can't stand morning people.
"Remember you promise, Rayne" the voice inside my head told me. "Look at all of that disgusting food on the table, you can't afford to put on any more weight."
"I... um... I'm not hungry" I said, the sight of food suddenly turning my stomach.
"You have to eat something before school" my mum encouraged.
"I can't, not right now."
"What's wrong, aren't you feeling very well?" My mum got up and placed her hand on my forehead to check my temperature. "You're a little bit warm."
"I feel fine."
"Okay, but let me know if you feel worse."

Destiny drove herself and me to school, as we went to the same sixth form.
While she went off to join her friends, I entered the building to find my best friend, Nate Hamlyn, waiting for me in the corridor.
"Hey Rayne!" He grinned.
"Hi" I said quietly.
"Awe, what's the matter?" He asked, sounding concerned.
"Nothing, just tired."
"Does this have something to do with Aaron?"
Nate knew that I liked Aaron, and he supported me a lot, even though he was straight.
"Yes... and no" I sighed.
"Oookaaay" he said, dragging out the word.
"Can we go somewhere more quiet, like the toilets, to talk about this?" I asked, as I grabbed onto Nate's arm, leading him in the direction of the toilets.
"Sure."

"So what's up?" He asked, after we had entered the toilets.
"Do you... um... do you think that anyone will ever love me?" I asked nervously.
Nate looked confused. "I don't see why not" he said. "I mean, I love you, but only as a friend of coarse, since I'm straight. I bet loads of guys would want you though."
"Do you think Aaron will ever love me?"
"I bet he's thinking about you right now..."
I cut Nate off. "Are there any reasons why he would not want me?"
"What are you talking about?" Nate said, awkwardly.
I felt tears come to my eyes and I began to cry. Why the hell am I such a cry baby? I'm a guy!
"Oh don't cry, Rayne" Nate soothed, as he put his arms around me. "You can tell me anything, I'll understand."
I released myself from the hug and turned to face the mirror by one of the sinks.
"When you look at my reflection, what do you honestly see?"
Nate looked me up and down. "Well I see a cute emo boy. He has skinny jeans and I'm loving the Black Veil Brides t-shirt, he also has awesome hair, and well, for some reason he is crying. Why is he crying?"
"Aaron's not going to want me because I'm FAT!" I sobbed, and ran out of the toilets before Nate could say anything else.
I had no idea as to where I was going, I just kept running.
What have I done? Nate's not going to be happy!
I suddenly bumped into something... or someone.
Aaron! No way!
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading.