Not Good Enough For You

Chapter 3

Rayne's point of view:

I stared up into Aaron's beautiful chocolaty eyes. I was frozen on the spot. I bet I looked like a complete idiot to him, especially with the tears still on my cheeks.
"Rayne?" Aaron's voice was just so sexy. I wanted him to kiss me right now, but wait, why would he want to kiss me. Fair-enough he's gay, but my body image would put him off.
"Rayne?" He repeated. "Are you okay?"
I couldn't take it any longer. I turned around and simply ran and ran as fast as my legs would carry me.

Aaron's point of view:

What was the matter with Rayne? That beautiful, fragile, angelic boy had tears running down his cheeks.
He looked scared - petrified even. I wanted to hug and kiss away all of his problems, whatever they may be. He just looked so sad, and where had he ran off to?
"Hey Boo, what's up?" My friend Tabitha asked, giving me a small fright from behind, as I didn't expect her.
I sighed. "Rayne Henderson just ran into me, and he was crying. I asked him what was wrong, but he didn't say anything and ran off again."
"Awe, is he alright?" Tabitha asked, as she twisted a strand of her blonde and pink hair around her finger.
"Well clearly not" I replied. "It makes me sad to see him sad."
"You like him, don't you?" She teased.
"Guess you could say that" I said, blushing slightly when I though about him.
Before I could say anything else, I felt someone poke me from behind. I automatically knew it was my other friend, Jason, who is also Tabitha's boyfriend.
"Jason I know it's you" I said flatly.
"By the way, I heard you" Jason giggled. "You like Rayne!"
I simply blushed even more.

Rayne's point of view:

I sat in a lonely corner of the school library. My knees were against my chest, with my head resting on them, and I had tears running thick and fast down my cheeks as I sobbed.
After a few minutes, my sobbing stopped when I heard foot steps. I then recognized the pair of black and red checked Vans - they belonged to Nate.
"Rayne, I've been looking for you all over the school" he said, as he knelt down beside me.
"Shouldn't you be in first lesson?" I asked.
"Yes, but I informed the teacher that you were upset, so she let us off."
"Oh" I murmured.
"And Rayne, you are NOT, I repeat, NOT fat!"
"What makes you say that?"
"Your skinny jeans are baggy on you!"
I could tell that Nate was getting upset because of me, but what was it to him? He was just making me think that I was skinny, besides it's my body, and if I want to impress Aaron, I'll have to lose weight. I don't care what anyone else has to say.

On the way home, I didn't talk to Destiny, and I didn't intend to either. I just stared out of the car window, with my hood up and Bring Me The Horizon blasting through my earphones. I had a feeling that I was also upsetting my sister, due to how I behaved.
At the dinner table that evening, I drank only water, and picked at the spaghetti with my fork.
"Rayne, you need to eat" my mum said, sounding deeply concerned.
"Not hungry" I replied under my breath.
"You said the same thing this morning" Destiny interrupted.
"Rayne please, you're skin and bones!" My mum said. "Just take a few mouthfuls at least."
I looked up at both Mum and Destiny. I didn't want to eat anything - the feeling of an empty stomach felt good, I felt like I was actually able to lose weight if I continued like this.
"Come on, one mouthful" Destiny encouraged.
Against my will, I shakily picked up some spaghetti with my fork, placed it in my mouth and chewed for what felt like ages before forcefully swallowing it.
"Rayne! What have you done?!" The voice inside my head shrieked.
At the realization of what I had just done, I left my seat and darted for the bathroom. I fell to my knees in front of the toilet and threw up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you again!