Not Good Enough For You

Chapter 4

Rayne's point of view:

I hung my head over the toilet as I threw up the food that my mum and sister had forced me to eat.
"Rayne, open the door!" I heard my mum shouting from outside the bathroom, banging on the door. "Are you okay in there?"
Of coarse I didn't think about locking the door, so my mum opened it. I heard her gasp when she saw the sight of me.
"Rayne, sweetie, I've got you" she said as she held my fringe away from my face.
I'd already thrown up the food, so there was just the nasty-tasting stomach acid coming up. Ugh, I hated how it burnt my throat.
When the last of the stomach acid left my system, my mum sat there on the bathroom floor, with me leaning against her chest as she stroked my hair.
"Sweetheart, I think you should go to bed and get some rest" my mum said.
"Yeah, I guess so" I whispered, but I felt too weak to get up off the floor. It was as if I wanted to just fall asleep in my mum's arms like an over-sized baby.
"Come on, you can't sleep down here" my mum said, attempting to lift me slightly. "You're so light for your age" she commented.
A shiver ran down my spine. "I'm so cold" I whimpered, as my mum helped me to my room.
When I got to my room, I sat on the bed, whilst my mum folded up my jeans and t-shirt, and Destiny got a pair of pyjamas from the wardrobe and handed them to me.
Once I had changed, I cuddled up under the covers. I was as cold as ice, and my mouth tasted horrible. Did I have to go through this much torture to become skinny? Wait, I'm doing this for Aaron, and as they say: no pain, no gain!

A week went by, and each day I became more and more self-conscious about my body.
I would skip breakfast, for lunch I would have a glass of water with a few salad leaves, and at tea time, I hardly ate with Mum and Destiny. If I did, I usually ended up being force-fed and then running to the bathroom to throw up.
I also refused to go to school by car with Destiny, telling her that a walk in the fresh air was better for me.
Throughout the day, I would weigh myself on the bathroom scales. This diet thing was actually working, and I loved how the weight was just dropping off me. Sadly, Aaron didn't seem to notice me, which means that I need to lose even more weight.

I sat in the dining hall at school with my two friends, Nate and Vanessa. I'm sure there was something going on between them two. Perhaps the way they looked at each other, maybe they should get together, unlike poor little me, I thought, as I watched them eat their food, and I sat there picking at my salad.
"Rayne, we've been sitting here for ages" Vanessa said, looking up from her slice of chocolate cake. "Are you even going to eat that?"
I looked down at the salad leaves, and then slowly pushed the bowl away from me.
"I guess the answer's no, again" Nate sighed.
"Look, I'm sorry" I said. "I'm just going to go for a walk." I got out of my seat, grabbed my Avenged Sevenfold bag, and left the dining hall.
As I entered one end of a corridor, I noticed Aaron at the other end, hanging out with his best friends, Jason and Tabitha.
'He hasn't even noticed me' I thought, as I got closer to the group.
Suddenly, I began to feel really light-headed. It was as if my legs were no longer able to support my body anymore. Black dots appeared in front of my eyes, as I felt myself falling. I heard worried voices around me, but it felt like they were really far away. My body then went limp as I fell into a world of darkness.

Aaron's point of view:

Oh no, Rayne! Why did he have to faint? I knelt down beside him, gathering him in my arms.
"Rayne, Rayne, are you okay? Can you hear me?" No reply. He just lay there very still.
"We should inform a teacher" Tabitha suggested.
"How about me and Tabs (Tabitha's nickname) go and get help, while you stay here with him?" Jason said, as he began to lead Tabitha down the corridor with him.
"Sure" I replied, however, my science teacher, Mrs Jenkins turned into the corridor, shocked at the sight of Rayne in my arms.
It was all a blur as I concentrated on Rayne, vaguely hearing Jason and Tabitha explaining to Mrs Jenkins what had just happened.
"I'm going to call an ambulance!" I heard her say.

Soon enough, the paramedics reached the school. By this point, Rayne's friends, Nate and Vanessa were on the scene. We all gathered around Rayne as his small, skinny body was lifted onto the stretcher and carried him to the ambulance. Apparently, the paramedics suggested that he fainted due to starving himself, and Nate and Vanessa told me about how he wouldn't eat anything at lunch.
"I'm going to the office to inform Rayne's family" said Mrs Jenkins. "In the mean time, I suggest you lot go to your next lesson."
All of them went except for me. I was deeply worried about poor little Rayne. He's so angelic and beautiful, why the hell would he want to starve himself? He's way too skinny!
"Aaron, aren't you going to your lesson?" Mrs Jenkins asked, when she had finished the phone call.
"I... I like him" I said, blushing slightly. Luckily, Mrs Jenkins knew about my sexuality. "I'm so worried about him, can't I at least go and see him with you?"
The teacher sighed. "Okay, at least I'm not busy this afternoon."

Mrs Jenkins took me in her car, and drove to the hospital.
When we got there, Rayne's mum, Beatrice sat by her son, holding his bony hand. She had tears running silently down her cheeks.
"The doctors said he's got anorexia!" She sobbed. "If only I'd have suspected that before!"
I looked down at Rayne, my angel. He remained still. His face was deathly pale, cheeks sunken in. He had IV needles in his arms, he was hooked up to a heart monitor, and he was being tube-fed.
I stroked his long, silky-black hair.
"Sweetheart, why did you do this to yourself? Can't you see it? You're beautiful!" I whispered.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oooh, poor little Rayne! But thanks for reading again.