Not Good Enough For You

Chapter 5

Rayne's point of view:

My mind began to drift.
I could hear a male voice coming from somewhere; not just any male voice, but a smooth, deep, sexy voice.
"Can't you see it? You're beautiful!" Said the voice.
Who's beautiful? Not me!
I then drifted back to sleep.

A while later, I felt my cold hand being held by a warm one. I fluttered my eyelids to reveal a white room. Was I still dreaming? My ears then picked up a steady beeping sound, that's when I realised that I was in hospital and I was awake.
I then moved my head to see my mum sitting towards my left.
"Oh Rayne, thank goodness!" She cried. "How are you feeling, babe?"
"Bit sleepy" I replied in a croaky, dry voice. "And where is everyone? What happened to me?" I asked, with a hint of desperation.
"Destiny, Nate and Vanessa went home about an hour ago" she explained. "Also, you have been unconscious for a few hours, due to lack of food. I had to come home from work early when school called. You've also been diagnosed with anorexia."
What the hell? How could someone like me be anorexic?
I then turned my head to the other side of me to find Aaron curled up and sleeping in a chair. His gorgeous hair was splayed out around his head, and he looked so cute.
"What's he doing here?" I asked.
"He was deeply worried about you" my mum said. "I've never really spoken to him before, but he seems so nice."
So Aaron cared about me after all.
It wasn't long until my mum had walked over to him, and tried to wake him up.
"Aaron, love, Rayne's awake."
He stirred before rubbing his eyes, and then dashing to my side, ninja style, when he saw me.
"Rayne, what were you thinking?" He asked, his voice shaking slightly.
"I... um... I was only on a diet."
"More like a crash diet. You're skinny for goodness sake! Skinny!" He stressed.
"Why is everyone always sarcastic? It doesn't make me feel better!" I argued.
"It's not sarcasm, it's the truth!" My mum piped up, as she sat at the end of my bed. "And don't think that me and your sister were unaware of you skipping meals and throwing up!"
I couldn't take it. I turned my head away from them and began to cry.
"Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to shout" my mum said.
"Maybe you could leave the room so that I can talk to him" said Aaron.
I felt my mum get up off the bed, then hearing her walk out of the room.

I turned back to face Aaron. My eyes were wide due to his sexiness.
"Rayne" he stated. "I got out of school early because of you; everyone else went back to their lessons, but I insisted on coming. You may not think this, but I was worried sick. I think about you all the time, and when you fainted at lunch, I didn't know what to do. I'd hate to lose you!"
"But why is that?" I asked, as Aaron moved some of hair away from my face and then stroked my cheek.
He then leaned over me, and I lay very still. His face was getting closer and closer towards my own. His lips were almost touching mine, when suddenly, we both heard the door being opened, and immediately Aaron moved his face away from my own.
My mum walked in with a young blonde woman, who was holding a clipboard against her chest.
The woman sat on the end of my bed, placing the clipboard beside her, before putting on her reading glasses.
"Hello Rayne" she said cheerfully.
"Um, hi" I replied uneasily.
"My name is Penny, and I have been informed about your condition. Tomorrow, you will be moved to a special ward for people like you, who have eating disorders. I'll be your personal nutritionist, therefore I am here to help you."

The next few days in hospital felt like complete torture. Everyone was forcing me to eat; apparently I also found out that I had been tube-fed whilst I was unconscious.
"Okay Rayne, onto the scales please" said Penny.
I sighed and stepped on.
"Wow, I'm impressed" Penny replied. "You've actually gained point four of a kilogram!"
"But that's like 400 grams!" I cried. "Why are you happy that I'm fat?"
"Rayne, you're still dangerously underweight!" She lectured.
I couldn't stand this any longer. I ran out of the room, in my pyjamas and bare feet. I didn't care where I was going. I was running down a flight of stairs, when all of a sudden, my legs gave way and I fell down the stairs. I cried out in pain when I heard a snap, and landed on the solid floor. Something in my chest hurt badly, I wasn't able to get up, let alone move.
I lay there in agony, crying and screaming for help.
♠ ♠ ♠
Like it? Comment/subscribe, whatever.