Countdown to ***

The Beginning

Mia was sitting, looking out the window, she sighed, in her hand was a cut out from a newspaper, another murder.

"Can't believe another ones dead."

Out of the shadow came a tall and muscular boy with blond hair and bright blue eyes, he walked towards Mia and put a hand on her shoulder "But we will find them."

"You think so?"

"Yeah, don't worry about it Mia" said another shadow, it turned out to be a young black girl.

"You seem so sure about all this Brittany."

Brittany sighed "Sorry if I'm being too positive for you Leon."

Another man came out of the shadows, taller than the others, he had brown hair and brown eyes.

"Well you gotta be realistic, this ones killed nearly half the village and we have still not found out who it is."

"Leon!" Joel snapped.

"What!?"

Joel pointed to Mia, who was looking down, her long brown hair falling over her face, tears in her eyes.

"Mia... we might get them..."

"LEON!" Joel and Brittany shouted together, causing Leon and Mia to both jump.

"OK...OK... we will get them Mia.... someday..."

Mia just looked at Leon and smiled, but she was not convinced, this had been going on for months now and nearly the whole village was dead, they were not going to find out who it was for a long time.

Mia, Leon, Brittany and Joel where the village detectives, always solving mysteries, Joel often said they were like the Mystery Inc group, Leon was Fred, Mia was Velma, Brittany was Daphne and he was Shaggy.

Mia was brought back from her daydreaming by a loud noise that echo off the walls and sent a shiver down her spine, it sounded like someone had been hit by something hard and when she turned around she saw Joel was laying on the floor, unconscious.

"What-?"

BANG, Brittany fell down.

"How the-?"

BANG, Leon fell to the floor.

Mia looked around the room in fear, what had happened, who had hit them and how had she not seen them do it.

Then she felt someone hit her hard in the chest and she fell to the floor, banging her head on the table as she fell, gasping in pain, she tried to get up but someone was holding her down, slowly she turned and saw a shadow above her looking down on her, she just looked not being able to say anything.

The person hit her hard on the head and as darkness started to close in she blinked as if it will go, but it didn't and she found herself struggling to keep her eyes open, but no matter how hard she tried she could not stay awake, she felt herself slowly starting to fall asleep, darkness all around her, her eyes closed, she had gone.