Countdown to ***

First Blood

Mia looked around, surely there was a way she could get out, a door, a window, anything.

She walked around the room, feeling the walls that were crumbling and slimy, but could not see or feel anything.

Frustrated, she leaned against the wall and looked up, then she saw it, a small hole in the roof that looked like it had been cut out by someone else, but how could she get up, Mia was quite tall for her age but there was no way she would get up there.

She looked around the room desperately, then she remember, the table, she pulled it up to where the hole was and stood on it, making sure she had everything she might need, she jumped up, caught the edge of the small hole and pulled herself up.

Once she was up she could see the small tunnel went on for ages, she got down on her hands and knees when she suddenly realized, she hated tight spaces.

"Oh shit!" she groaned but she closed her eye's and carried on moving, no matter how much she wanted to stop, tears were threatening to force their way out of her eyes, but Mia kept her eyes closed, "No" she thought to herself "I am not going to cry".

She suddenly felt her hands close around thin air and she fell for what seemed like ages and landed hard on her back, banging her head hard against the floor, making her see stars she held her head in her hands and looked up quickly when she heard a clicking noise, there was a middle aged woman standing in front of her holding a gun, Mia got up slowly and put up her hands.

"Please don't shoot, I can help you get out of here".

"Yeah right, you can't trick me, die bitch".

She shoot at Mia who quickly jumped out of her way got out her gun and shot her clean through her head, her head popped and all in her head came out, covering the floor and Mia, dark red blood mixed in with grey and slimy bits of brain.

Mia looked down at the floor, then at the woman, where her head was was now a big hole with bits of flesh dripping in blood, her jaw was still in place, her teeth were yellow and her gums were red, she must have been here longer than the others.

Just then there was a siren that made Mia jump and then a low voice that Mia recognized said "First blood has just been achieved by Mia Ackland".

Mia gasped and looked down at her blood stained shirt, she was a murderer, she got First Blood.