Invisible

(51) Different Breeds

3rd person POV:

Officers Rick Sanchez and Marcus Julius are silent as they watch the security tapes from Reginald Craven's house. They start it where Parkinson dragged in the first girl, Corrine Monroe. She was a bloody mess, and hardly able to walk. They took her up to the attic. The other girls were tied in the basement.

The boyfriend, Aaron Maccero, got in through the back door while Craven and Parkinson were talking, apparently, about the girlfriend, Corrine. They could see the anger growing on Aaron's face. He met the son, and they went down to the basement, where the son was obviously stunned.

Something made Aaron turn and run, to where the Corrine girl had been taken and Craven had gone, the attic. The camera shook as the boy disappeared into the attic, and shook a few more times before Craven fell out of the trapdoor and lay a bloody mess on the floor. Minutes later Aaron and Corrine came out, the girl tightly wrapped around Aaron.

He proceeded to check on the basement, where the progress was rather slow. Aaron set down Corrine, who didn't want to be set down. The poor girl was obviously terrified.

Then Parkinson came back in, went upstairs to, saw Craven, and went pounding downstairs. Aaron put Corrine under the stairs and took the knife. Sanchez and Julius knew how this ended. Parkinson jumped on Aaron, and the Craven boy had to drag away Corrine kicking and screaming as the other girls fled. She fought all the way outside, and one of the other girls had to help hold her back. She was to tiny, to get away, but was still putting up a hell of a fight.

Meanwhile Aaron was beating Parkinson with a twisted, angry face, shouting. Parkinson grabbed the knife and lodged it into Aaron's leg, who obviously screamed. Parkinson threw him off, and went after him. Aaron took the knife out, and with a scarily calm face, plunged the knife into Parkinson.

The best part was, though, the fact Aaron managed to get out of the house and sink onto the porch step. You couldn't see her until she got closer, but a now-clothed Corrie got free and came running into view, stopping just in front of Aaron. Words were exchanged, then he kissed her and pulled her into a hug, both of them sobbing.

Then, we could see as the paramedics tried to get them apart so they could patch them both up, but they were having none of that. Corrie fought with every ounce of strength she had, screaming, panicking. Aaron went into a frenzy, trying to get back to her. They both had to be sedated.

The tape stopped and the two officers looked at one another. Julius picked up the file on the table in front of them, and pulled out pictures of Corrine, once she'd been sedated. She was covered in bruises, scratches, blood, and semen. There had also been vomit and urine in her hair.

He flicked through the pictures of the girls, none in as bad of conditions.

While he did this, Sanchez read the page about the injuries Craven had recieved. Broken nose, jaw, three broken ribs, serious internal bleeding. The kid had done quite a number on Craven. And then, of course, killed Parkinson. all for the girl, Corrine. Corrie, he called her.

"What do you think?" Julius finally asked, sighing.

"This boy is in love."

"Or psycho."

"It was self-defense."

"Almost."

They're silent for a minute, and go reading for more papers. "We need to talk with them."

"They wont go seperately. The Corrine girl panics every time she wakes up if the Alec boy isn't with her. And she keeps screaming for Aaron. She's scared of the doctors. And Aaron's being uncooperative, he keeps asking for her."

"How old are they?"

"Juniors."

"This is going to be one God awful case."

"I know. Lets go."

They reached the hospital at noon, found his room, and went to it. Aaron was alone, and madly clicking throught tv channels. As soon as he saw them he dropped the remote. "Where is she? Corrie? They wont let me see her, and they wont tell me how she's doing. Alec's with her now and he hasn't come back. Where is she?"

"You shouldn't be sitting up like that, you lost a lot of blood," Officer Sanchez said warily.

"I honestly don't care. Where is Corrie? When can I see her? I know she's freaking out. Please, where is she?"

"I'm Officer Sanchez, and this is my partner Officer Julius."

"I'm not going to answer any questions until Corrie's in here," Aaron said, his face set.

"Thats no way-"

"Its my way."

"Son, you're in very hot water, this is no time-"

Aaron settled back. "I haven't gotten word of her since I saved her damn life. I want my girlfriend."

"i'll see what I can do," Sanchez sighed, leaving Julius alone with the boy. Sanchez wasn't even sure where to look, or if he'd have clearance to get her in.

Julius watched the boy with a sense of apprehension. Aaron stared emotionlessly back at him.

"How would you describe your relationship with Corrine-"

"Corrie. No one calls her Corrine."

"With Corrie?"

"I love her. I would die for her and, obviously, kill for her. He si dead, isn't he? No one has told me anything."

"Yeah, Parkinson is dead."

"And Craven?"

"Alive."

"How badly injured, though?"

"Broken nose, broken jaw, broken ribs. He lost a lot of blood."

"Good... Good." Aaron's jaw set as he leaned back.

"Good?" Julius asked.

"Well, I meant to mess him up pretty bad. He was raping Corrie when I got there. They were talking about her... Like she wasn't even human. A sex toy. Thats all she was to them."

The heart monitor's beeping picks up the pace.

Aaron shut his eyes. "I would do anything for her."

"Like take on two possibly armed men?"

He laughed grimly and opened his eyes back up. "Yes. And I would win too."

"You didn't know that."

"Yes I did. They weren't ever going to be able to hurt her again. If I was going down, they were certainly coming with me. I wasn't going to leave Corrie in the arms of those two madmen. What would be the point of dying then?"

Julius stared at Aaron in amazement. "You really love her."

"Are you married?"

"No."

"Do you have children?"

"Yes. A sixteen year old daughter, and a twelve year old son."

"Iif your daughter was taken, wouldn't you do everything to get her back, even dying?"

"Yes."

"Thats how I feel about Corrie, but obviously, not in a father-daughter way. I do take care of her, though, because she needs it."

Wondering vaguely about what that meant, Julius turned to thoughts about Corrine's, no Corrie's, father. "The reports said her father has been charged with several DUIs, and is currently on parole after being charged with attempting to rob a liquor store... While drunk."

"Yes."

"Where does Corrie live?"

"With me. Her father is an alcoholic, and she wont stand to be around him anymore."

"And what room does she have?"

"She shares mine because if she doesn't she has nightmares and wakes us all up screaming and crying."

"Are you a virgin?"

"I was."

"Explain."

"This isn't relevate."

"It is."

"I had sex for the first time on January first, 2012, with Corrie. We'd been dating since November. It was Corrie's first time too."

"Whose idea was it?"

''Corrie's. No way in hell was I going to push her to it. I waited sixteen years, I could wait some more. I didn't think we'd have sex until we were married... But she surprised me. And now I'm certainly not going to pressure her. I don't even know... How she might react after... After this."

Aaron stared at his lap and Julius could see the pain in his face. "I wish I could take everything away, all the pain, all the people who would ever hurt her. It took her so long to be happy, and now its going take forever to get it back."

The door opened and Sanchez walked in. "Pulled a few strings. the Alec kid is bringing Corrie over here as we speak."

Aaron smiled. "You two should get out of here. You'll only freak her out."

Before they could though, quick, light footsteps pattered down the hallway, then the door opened, slamming into the wall. A little whirl of brown hair skidded to a stop just in front of the door, then who must only have been Corrie through herself into the room, sobbing hysterically.

"Corrie," Aaron groaned, holding his arms out. Corrie jumped into his lap (the Officers could see the pain lance through his face) and wrapped her arms and legs around him, her entire body heaving she was crying so hard. A boy with white and orange hair fell into the room in front of a legion of nurses.

Aaron was crying too, now. He buried his face into her hair, shaking, running his hands up and down her back, saying something. The officers coukdn't understand him.

"Get out, go," The oddly haired boy hissed in a british accent, herding them all out the door, then following after them.

"Who are you?" Sanchez asked.

"Alec," is all the boy says.

"Oh."

"Are you going to arrest him? Aaron?"

"No. So far we can still call it self defense."

"It was."

"You haven't seen the tapes."

"If you take Aaron away from Corrie she'll loose any type of sanity she has left."

Julius and Sanchez exchanged a look. "What do you mean by that?"

"I mean Corrie would dissolve. he's the only thing thats stopped her from killing herself before. Without him, she'd loose control. Then when Aaron found out, he'd kill himself in his cell, or run away just so he'd get shot. You cannot put him in jail. And, he didn't do anything wrong."

What the hell is in the water these people are drinking? Julius thought while Sanchez made a mental note to get in contact with Corrie's father.
♠ ♠ ♠
Eurgh, as soon as Corrie got busted out I had complete, hit the wall, writers block