Status: Active: Oh so very active...

The Castle in the Clearing

Chapter 5: History Lessons

Gerard's POV

I arrived back at the castle just as the sun was rising. Perfect timing! I did not want to be put through discomfort. Let's just get something straight, all of the vampire stories are lies. We do not burn up if we go out during the sunlight, we are not allergic to it and we most definitely do not sparkle like fucking diamonds in the sunlight either. It doesn't do anything to us, other than cause slight discomfort. It makes our eyes ache and that is why we prefer to be creatures of the night. Being creatures of the night definitely has its perks, we don't have to be so careful and people don't get so suspicious. It's a win, win situation.

I walked through the castle doors quietly, listening out for any signs of Frank (silently hoping that he was still there), when I felt some of my bags slip through my hands. Then, it all went crashing to the floor noisily.

"Shit, crap, you'd think that vampires would be less clumsy but oh no, I had to be the one bloody exception to that rule. Jesus…" I muttered to myself whilst bending down to pick up my goods. I heard a cute little giggle, could it really be Frank? I looked up. Wow, it was and daaaamn, he was so beautiful! He was the most handsome being I had ever seen. I couldn't stop myself from staring and grinning like a Cheshire cat. He looked at me with his newly red eyes and smirked. Eventually, I came to my senses and turned away, embarrassed, muttering something about having to finish tidying the mess I had made. If vampires could blush then I would have been as red as a tomato at that point.

Once I had finished tidying up, I decided I wanted to know more about Frank. I joined him on the loveseat, bringing my knees close to my chest (a thing I always did whilst I was nervous, even when I was human). I found him looking at me, curiosity ablaze in his eyes. "Hey there" I smiled.

"Um, hi," he replied. I giggled to myself at how nervous he sounded.

"Okay, you've probably got a lot of questions swirling around in your mind right now. I know I have, but yours are, most likely, a lot different to what I would ask. Go ahead, ask away."

"Yeah, I suppose I do," he laughed. "Well, there's so much I want to know! I want to know everything about vampires, obviously, and I want to know why you… um, changed me. I have more but I think that's enough for now" he laughed again. Damn, he was so cute!

"Okay, where to start…"

"How's about at the beginning?" he smirked.

"That's all well and good when you've decided where the beginning is… Right, I think I've got it." I explained all about vampire history and all about what happens in different situations. The kid was a good listener, he took in everything I said and always looked eager to learn more. "As for why I changed you… Well, don't be disturbed by anything I say ok? Promise?" I asked him. I really did not want him running off, afraid of me.

"I promise." he said, smiling.

"Okay then, there are several reasons why I changed you" I began, smiling through every word. "One, I'm lonely, I have no other vampire acquaintances and I didn't want to be lonely anymore. You seemed like the type of guy I would hang around with if I wasn't such a monster, so I changed you. Two, you remember me saying that some vampires can have special powers and that some vampires can tell that the human in question had powers? I got that sense from you but I'm not sure what your power is yet. We have plenty of time to figure that out though, it shouldn't be too hard. Three, it was either change you or kill you, and I really did not want to kill you, I could tell you were a really nice guy. Reason four is a bit weird but please don't freak out on me. I'm not sure whether I told you this but vampires have mates. The mates could be human or vampire and you know when you meet yours because you get this feeling in the pit of your stomach. Everything they do attracts you to them and you would stop at nothing to please them. When you walked through those castle doors, I got that feeling. I knew you were the person that I was trying to find. Some vampire's soul mates can't feel anything towards the other but it's very rare. I completely understand if you don't feel anything for me. You're probably straight with a pretty girlfriend or something. I left whilst you were in the changing process because I couldn't bear seeing you in so much pain. I'm sorry." I explained, turning away towards the last sentence.

"Wow" was his reply. I turned to face him. He was staring at me with the biggest grin ever on his face. I stared into his eyes, getting lost for a moment until I remembered what I was going to ask him.

"So, Frank, since I've done all the talking so far, how's about you tell me about yourself?" I asked him. Man, I really couldn't wait to hear his story.

~Frank's POV~

I couldn't believe my ears; Gerard was actually talking to me! He was telling me all about vampires and their history and it was the best lesson ever! I finally understood which facts were real and which ones were completely not true. When he told me why he changed me, I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I had to pinch myself when he was not looking just to be sure that my imagination hadn't come up with some crazy dream. It wasn't a dream. He meant what he said. But who could ever have imagined that my soul mate was as gorgeous as Gerard? I looked like a really ugly bug in comparison to him. Plus, I was an idiot. All that I could sum up after he finished talking was "Wow." I sat there with the biggest grin on my face. I had to be the happiest person… well, vampire on earth!

"So Frank, as I've been doing all of the talking so far, why don't you tell me about yourself?" he said, smiling back at me.

"Well, where to begin…?"

"How's about at the beginning?" he said, winking at me.

"Hehe! Well, my full name is Frank Anthony Iero Junior- my father was Frank as well. I'm seventeen years old and I was born on the 31st October, hence the 'HALLOWEEN' tattoo on my knuckles. I love tattoos. I'm five foot three and I really don't give a fuck about life. I was a vegetarian as a human because I believed the way animals were killed was barbaric. I also play guitar. I'm gay and I ran away from home because my parents abused me. I hate them so much!" I said, seeing his face drop at his last sentence. "Okay, I think that's enough about me, you can do some talking again now. Tell me about you." I said, crossing my legs on the sofa, interested in what he had to say.

"Oh my goodness…" he said, staring into space. He was in his own little world. Damn, he was so cute!

"Gerard?" I asked, trying to break him from his trance. "Earth to Gerard!" I laughed.

"What? Yeah? Oh, right, sorry. Well, my name is Gerard Arthur Way, I was born on April 9th and I love tattoos but I have a huge phobia of needles so I'm too scared to get one. I know that sounds really stupid. My greatest inspiration in life was my grandmother, Elena. She taught me how to sing as well. I loved her so much but she unfortunately passed away. I've been a vampire for about ten years now and I really don't remember much about my human life. I occasionally remember things but not very much. I never stay in the same place for longer than three months but I'm originally from New Jersey. I don't know why I came back here but I just did, it felt right you know what I mean? I now know that I was right to come here. Oh, and, obviously, I'm also gay." he grinned the biggest grin I had ever seen after saying the last sentence.

My stomach was doing back flips. We were sat there, staring at each other again when Gerard slowly started to lean forward, closing the small space between us. I closed the last bit of space between us and touched my lips to his.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so here's chapter 5. It's the longest chapter yet! I'm trying to upload as many chapters as I can today because I know it's going to be difficult for me to update during the week. I'm nearly out of typed up chapters folks and we all know what that means don't we? It means you're all going to have to wait for more chapters to be written. I'm sorry! Whoo! Finally some Frerard!

Anyway, please comment and subscribe, I'd love to know what you think and if there's any way I can improve. Don't be shy!

Thanks everyone!

:D Battery Imploder