Status: Inactive. Going through some major editing.

If You Love Something... Let It Go.

Chapter 3.

I was sitting at the Ravenclaw table talking to Padma Patil, Lisa Turpin, Isobel MacDougal and Mandy Brocklehurst. We were discussing our holidays before the sorting ceremony started Mandy was cut short of telling us about getting a new pet over the holidays, when the doors opened revealing Professor McGonagall with the first-years.

I didn't want to listen to the new kids being sorted so I tuned it all out and turned to look in front of me, only to catch Malfoy staring at me. As soon as he saw me looking he turned his curious stare into a glare, pffft as if that was going to do anything. I started listening to everything around me as soon as I saw Dumbledore stand up and walk to stand in front of the stand.

“Welcome! To our old hands – welcome back! There is a time for speech making, but this is not it. Tuck in!”

And with that the food appeared on the tables, so naturally the talking started back up and we all dug into the feast.

“So Mandy, what was that pet you were telling us about?” asked Isobel

“Well it’s a muggle animal, they call it a dog.”

“Ooh, what does it look like?” asked Padma, thoroughly intrigued by the thought of a muggle animal.

“Well it has four legs and a tail and it barks. And the pet people called it a golden Reteival? Retrovil? Something like that.”

“It’s called a golden retriever.” I said.

“Yeah! That’s it!” Mandy said excited all over again. The girls continued to talk about what the animal looked like and everything while I just tuned them out and kept eating. I got the feeling that something or someone was watching me and as I looked up I once again locked eyes with Malfoy. ‘Well that’s weird’ I thought.

I heard a very annoying and feminine voice coming from the Professors table area and I looked up to see a toad like lady, and after she gave her little speech, I really didn't like her. Stupid toad!

Once the beginning of year feast finished Anthony and I stood up and called for the first-years to follow us, heading up the marble staircases. We followed the Gryffindor’s to the seventh floor, but instead of continuing to follow them to the north, we headed west. Once we reached the base of Ravenclaw tower, we stopped at the door that holds the bronze eagle knocker that guards the entrance to the tower and turned to the first-years.

“Okay to get into the common room you will have to answer a riddle that the knocker gives you, like this.” Anthony said and waited for me to stand in front of the statue and when I did it asked.

“Im as big as an elephant but as light as a feather, what am I?”

“The wind” I answered and the door swung open. “If you are to ever get the question wrong you must wait around for the next person to come along and get it right.” Anthony then walked into the common room with the first-years following him, and I entered last following them.

They were all looking around at the blue and bronze silky drapes that were in front of the windows and the roof that is painted with the stars.

“Boys dorms are up to the right and girls to the left, you may now go and enter your dorms and get a good nights sleep for classes in the morning” Anthony said and with that we all parted different ways and went up to our own dorms.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment and / or subscribe :)

I edited this chapter because I thought it needed to explain where Ravenclaw tower is situated, in comparison to the Gryffindor tower.