Status: Inactive. Going through some major editing.

If You Love Something... Let It Go.

Chapter 7.

After finishing our lunch and everything we wanted to do in our hour beak between classes I met up with bailey outside the Great Hall. After saying our greeting we both headed towards our DADA class, with the toad as our teacher.

“Im sorry I didn’t have a chance to sit with you in divination, but by the time I got there you were sitting with Padma and Lavender.” I told Bailey, hoping she wasn’t too upset with me.

“Oh it’s alright; I heard you didn’t sit with Ryan in potions either.”

“Yeah, but things happened, I didn’t get there until just before the bell rang and he was already sitting with Theodore Nott and Blaise Zabini.” I said

“Ahh I see, well the infamous Harmony that gets along with everyone didn’t want to sit with itty bitty Slytherins.” Bailey said in a mocking tone

“It wasn’t just itty bitty Slytherins, but their table was full because Ferret boy ended up joining them.” I said with disgust evident in my voice.

We entered the doors to our DADA class and saw the toad sitting behind the teacher’s desk. I took a look around the room and spotted my sister and her friends in a row so we decided to sit behind them. Not long after we took our seats Seamus came and joined our table and sat with Bailey.

We all got ready and took out our wands, but she told us to put them away because we were meant to be doing theory. She was going on about how we had always had bad teachers for this subject and how we were far behind in what was expected for us in our OWL year.

“Copy down the following, please.” Was all she said before tapping the board with her wand.

1. Understanding the principles underlying defensive magic.
2. Learning to recognize situations in which defensive magic can legally be used.
3. Placing the use of defensive magic in context for practical use.


The stupid toad then went on about how we should be addressing her after she asks a question. ’Yes, Professor Umbridge’ ‘No, Professor Umbridge.’ How about shove it up your ass Professor Umbridge?

After everyone reading through chapter one of Defensive Magical Theory and answering the questions. There was no sound in the room apart from the scratching of quills on parchment.

Hermione and I decided that we didn’t want to read the chapter, simply because we had already read it. Hermy turned and gave me a look and I discreetly nodded my head and her hand shot up in the air and waited for Umbridge to take note of her.

“Did you want to ask something about the chapter, dear?” She asked Hermy.

“Not about the chapter, no.” said Hermy.

“Well we’re reading just now,” said our Professor, showing her small pointed teeth. “If you have any queries we can deal with them after the class.”

After a bit of more banter between Hermione and Professor Umbridge, Hermy finally stated the thing we all wanted to talk about, the use of defensive spells. She pretended to be totally clueless as to why we would need to use defensive spells.

Then there was this whole lot of bicker between, Hermione, Dean, Ron, Harry, Professor Umbridge and I about why we would need to use defensive spells and how Professor Lupin was the best DADA teacher we ever had.

“Detention Mr. Potter” Said Umbitch triumphantly. “Tomorrow evening, five o’clock. My office”

“So what, now your giving detentions out to students that are clearly stating the truth? The Ministry is just blinded by fear they don’t want to admit that that stupid freak of nature is back!” I called out in anger.

“Detention Miss. Granger” She said, her face turning red from anger. “Same time and place as Mr. Potter.”

I just sat there and glared at her for the remainder of the class, I turned my head to my right when I felt someone staring at me, and that’s when my eyes came, yet again, in contact with Malfoy’s. He looked at me in disappointment and shook his head and then turned back to face the front of the room. ‘What in the hell was that all about?’ I thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
Because of my stuffing around im putting up the 6 chapters that I have done up on here :)