The Rock Star's Baby

Chapter 1

It was 5:00 am when I heard it. A soft crying noise woke me from my sleep. I sat up in bed. Again, I heard another cry. Getting up, I walked to the window and looked out. I saw nothing out of the ordinary. But the soft cries did seem to be coming from outside. I tiptoed down the stairs careful not to wake everyone. When on the first floor, I heard the cries getting louder. I walked over to the front door and unlocked it. Then slowly, I pulled it open. I poked my head out from behind the door. I looked around and saw nothing. Then a loud high pitched cry came from below. I looked down and was frozen with shock at what I saw.

There on the steps was a baby all rapped up in a blanket laying in a basket. My mouth hung open.

“Oh my god!!!”

Then I covered my mouth to keep myself from shouting some more. I sure as hell didn't want to wake up Marilyn and the others. They would definitely kill me. Shaking myself himself out of my shocked state, I bent over to pick up the wailing child. I gazed down at the child in my arms. It was pretty heavy. I bounced it up and down lightly in my arms to hush the screaming child. I couldn't bring it in the house screaming like that. It would wake everyone for sure. Except for John. He could sleep through a freaking hurricane.

The baby stopped crying just moments later, and I smiled down at it.

“Aww, you're kinda cute”

I then turned around and headed inside with the baby babbling happily in my arms.

When inside, I closed the door behind me and then went into the living room to sit on the couch. I sat there bouncing the baby up and down on my knee and making funny faces at it. The baby laughed as I did this.

“Who's a cute baby !?” I cooed as I laid the baby down in my lap and began to tickle it's belly.

I was so busy playing with the baby that I didn't hear Marilyn coming down the stairs.

“Is that you down there Twiggs?” he asked as he came down the stairs.

Startled, I shot up out of my seat with the baby in my arms. I had no time to figure out where to hide the baby. All I could do was stand there and look as innocent as possible. Ever since Marilyn and I had become a couple, Marilyn had more tolerance with me whenever I got into trouble. So hopefully he wouldn't be too mad.

“Yeah, I'm down here!!” I shouted up to him.

Just as Marilyn was near the bottom of the steps he said “What the hell are you doing up so earl-”, he had stopped short when he saw me and the baby.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the baby

Image