The Rock Star's Baby

Chapter 5

*Five years later*

Ramona was now five, we all couldn't get over how fast time was passing, or how big she was getting. It seemed like just yesterday that I'd found her on our front steps.

I was currently watching as she drew a picture in black and red crayon. She was so much like Marilyn that it was a little scary. She loved music, always singing around the house, and trying to play our instruments. She even joined us at our local shows, hanging out backstage, occasionally poking her head out from behind the curtain to watch us.

“Look daddy!”

Her voice shook me from my thoughts.

“I drew a picture for you!”

I took the drawing, examining it. It was supposed to be all of us, but I couldn't really tell who was who since they all sort of looked the same.

“That's really nice sweetie,” I said, handing it back to her.
“So you like it?”
“I love it.”

She looked happy to hear that her work was appreciated. Then, Marilyn appeared in the doorway.

“Hi daddy!”

He smiled at her.

“Hey sweetheart.”

He then looked at me.

“Can I talk to you for a minute Twiggy?”
“Sure.”

I turned back to Ramona.

“Why don't you draw us another picture sweetie, and I'll be right back.”
“Okay.”

I got up and walked to where Marilyn was, and he pulled me into the other room.

“So, what's up?”
“I got a call from our manager. We have a tour to go on for our new album.”
“And?” I asked, not seeing his point.
“Its a big tour. We'll be away for quite a while.”
“So?”

He rolled his eyes.

“What are we going to do with Ramona?”
“Oh shit!” I said, just realizing our problem. “She has school, we can't take her with us!”
“I know, that's what I'm trying to tell you!”

I bit my lip, trying to come up with something.

“We have no one to stay with her, but we can't just pull her out of school either. Maybe we can ask Zim or Tim to watch her?”
“They were going to come with us, I don't think they'll want to stay behind and babysit.”
“Fuck, this is bad.”

Ramona then entered the room, a piece of paper in her hands.

“Look, I drew another picture!” she stated happily, holding it up for us to see.
“That's really pretty Ramona.”

Marilyn agreed, and she smiled up at us. We needed to finish our conversation, but I didn't want to just tell her to leave. I didn't want her to think we didn't want to be with her.

“Hey guys, the door wasn't locked so I just came in”

We turned to see Zim standing in the doorway. That was my chance to get rid of Ramona fro a few more minutes.

“Look Ramona, it's uncle Zim! Go show him all your pretty drawings.”
“Okay!”

She ran over to him, grabbing his hand and pulling him into the other room. I turned back to Marilyn.

“So, what are we gonna do?”
“I guess we have to find a babysitter. I don't want to leave her with someone, but we have no choice.”

I sighed.

“Alright. Telling her is going to be fun.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, sooo sorry I haven't updated this in so long. I've been pretty busy, and to be honest, kinda forgot about it. But I have more time now, so I will continue to update. :)

P.S.

In case you didn't notice, I changed it to first person instead of third person, its just easier for me to write that way.

And this is what Ramona looks like now

Image