Ice in My Veins

011

Danika didn’t know how long she was asleep. She thought she was back home and that the arm around her was Michael’s so she snuggled up to him, but the body next to her was harder than Michael’s and the smell was different and then last night came flooding back. She opened her eyes and came face to face with Christ. She let out a sigh of relief of who it was.

After a few moments she noticed that she needed to use the bathroom so she shifted away from and got up. On her way to the bathroom a voice stopped her in her tracks, “Where are you going,” the deep voice of Shadows asked.

Turing around to face him she said, “I was just going to the bathroom.”

Shadows took a step towards and she took one back in fear. The only one she even trusted was sleeping in the bed. She looked into his intense hazel eyes and felt herself tremble and both a good and a bad way. She knew that he wanted to kill her, but she didn’t know how long he wanted to keep her.

“Are you lying to me,” he asked.

She shook her head, “No.”

He took another step towards her and enjoyed her fear that flashed across his face, “Are you afraid of me,” he asked as he backed her against the wall and placed a hand on either side of her head.

Danika knew that she shouldn’t lie so she just nodded her head and looked away from him. She didn’t want to see the same look in his eyes like she did in Syn’s. She didn’t think that she could handle two men like Syn. It was frightening, but she knew that she would have to get over it soon because then they could use that fear against her.

Shadows looked down at the smaller figure and enjoyed the look of fear on her face, “Go to the bathroom, before I changed my mind about letting you go,” he told her and walked away.

After she had used the rest room she came out and noticed that five of the eight men were in the room that she was sleeping in. As she walked into the room she was able to take in each and every one of them in turn and noticed how they were all beautiful men in some way, but their choice of life style turned her away from men like them, men like her father.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it was a teaser chapter because it's short, but thinghs are going to pick up. Don't worry. Oh and in this story the chapters range from 300-1000 words or more. I know you guys want longer chapetrs some times, but I am writing teh story the way I feel it and I don't want to ruin it by making long chapters. Whereas I want the events to flow better. Get what I am saying?

Anyhoo this chapter is for faerie_light since she kept asking for it. So you guys should thank her because you got this chapter a day ahead.