Ice in My Veins

039

Danika was sleeping when she heard crashes and shouts and her mind automatically went to the night that she first got into this mess four months ago. Setting up she looked around for Matt and fear gripped her when she saw that she was by herself.

Trying to stay calm she got up from the bed and went to the dresser to put on some clothes. Just as she was slipping on some shoes and standing up a hand covered her mouth and she panicked until she heard a voice, “Danika it’s me,” she heard Michael say.

She instantly stopped her struggling and turned to him, “What are you doing here,” she asked trying to find out why things were in an uproar.

“Your father and I came to get you,” he explained.

Danika’s eyes got big, “My father is here,” she asked not believing what she was hearing.

“Yes, he heard about what happened and came to get you. Now all we have to do is just get you out and to safety,” he said as he took her hand and went to the bedroom doors and locking them. He then took her to the window where he had entered the room.

Grabbing the extra harness her started to strap her in. She panicked. What about Matt? She didn’t want to leave, but she knew that if her father was here, then he meant business and that caused her to be afraid, “Michael I’m scared,” she told him as he made her put the harness on.

“You’ll be okay Danika. Trust me,” he told her seeing the panic in her eyes.

“But trusting you is what got me here in the first place,” she told him.

He stopped in his movements and they just looked at each other in the dark room. Not wanting to get into it now he hooked her C-ring to the rope and looked towards her again, “You ready,” he asked. Danika stood looking around before she just simply nodded her head, “Good, now all you have to do is step over and Chris will do the rest,” he explained to her as he helped her over the balcony wall.

Danika was scared. So many things were running through her head and one of those thoughts was of Matt. She didn’t want to leave him like he was. She wanted to see if she could help him and plus she cared for him, but at the same time as she was being lowered the thought of being home and not being trapped was welcoming.

As soon as her feet touched the ground she looked up and saw Michael coming down. Soon he was standing next to her and he took her hand once again. As they started to run they ran towards the back of the mansion, but as they got there they heard a click and Shadows stepped out of the darkness, “Going somewhere,” he asked, but Michael smirked pulling out his own gun.

“Get the fuck out of my way Shadows,” Michael warned.

“Make me,” Shadows replied, but as soon as Michael took a step towards Shadows the other four men stepped out pointing their guns. Looking around him Michael looked at the others and dropped his gun after un-cocking it. What happened to our plans? Michael thought as he was forced back into the house along with his captured men and a frightened Danika.
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry. I forgot to update, but here it is. So, I hope you enjoyed and I want to see a lot of comments from this.