Ice in My Veins

004

Danika woke to the sound of a crash then one of Michael’s men running into the room. Getting out of bed she looked at him, “What’s going on,” she asked in a panic. She didn’t like the fear on the man’s face.

The man just looked at her, “Get some shoes on and run,” he told her and she did what she was told.

Grabbing a pair of sneakers from the closet she pulled them on and grabbed a jacket putting it on as well and went to her bedroom window. She thanked God that it was a one story house. Just as she was opening the window her room door busted open and she watched in shock as the five intruders easily took the guard out. She watched in horror as the first man who was big shot the guard in the chest a few times and then looked towards her. She could tell that they all had masks on and everything that was happening had her locked in fear.

Gathering her wits she was able to climb out the window and run just before one of the masked men lunged for her. She ran around the house and once she was on the street she looked behind her and saw that they were right behind her. She got scared and pumped her legs harder as she ran for her life. She didn’t want to be caught and end up dead like the others.

Shadows ran back out the room and out the house just as the girl hit the street running. He heard the other guys behind him and he yelled to them telling one of them to get the SUV. Johnny was the one who heard him and made his way to the car and followed them soon passing them up.

Danika heard a car start up, but she didn’t bother to stop she had to get away from them. She was about to go into someone’s yard when the SUV she had seen earlier cut in front of her. She stopped in time and started to run around the SUV. Just when she thought she was clear she felt a tug on her jacket and saw that it was the driver. She started to struggle and was able to get out of his grip.

She fell to the ground and before she could start running again she felt herself being picked up. She began to swing and kick at the men who came to help. She kicked and punched where she could, but she noticed that it wasn’t working so she started to scream, “HELP ME,” she yelled over and over until one of them covered her mouth up. Soon after they put her struggling form into the car and drove away. It was at this point that Danika knew it was fight or die.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you all for commenting, subscribing, and reading.