Ice in My Veins

046

Danika’s stomach was beginning to show and whenever she went out with Matt for anything people who knew them would look and stare at her. She knew the most of them knew how she became pregnant in the first place, but most of all people stared at Matt. People thought that he was becoming soft because of her and one day someone from a rival gang wanted to test that theory out.

She was entering into her sixth month when it happened. She was pressed into Matt’s side with the guys around them and then their closes men circling them with the rest of the men surrounding that circle. Matt had wanted to make sure that she was protected just as much as them or even more. That was the cause of the three circles around her and the two around them.

They were sitting at one of their favorite restaurant and bar just after her appointment with her OBGYN when the rival gang spotted them and came over to talk. Avenged was instantly on guard, but they didn’t let their rivals know, “Hello my man Shadows,” Matt heard a familiar voice speak.

“Chris,” he greeted him coolly and looked up at him.

Chris had a smirk across his face and then he looked from Shadows to Danika. The look that he gave her was filled with lust as he took in her dark skin and natural beautiful look that any model would die to look like, “Well so this is she. The girl that has tamed Shadows,” Chris stated loud enough for everyone to hear.

Chris’ men laughed, but still Shadows kept his cool. He could feel Danika gripping his hand tightly under the table and he took a glance at her. He could tell she was scared just from the comment that the guy made. She didn’t want him to loose control, but at the moment he didn’t know if he could stay calm after that moment.

“What’s your name,” Chris asked her seeing the looks that were passed between the two and knew that what everyone was talking about beginning to sound true.

Danika didn’t like him and she went to look back at Matt and saw that his jaw was clenched. She could tell he was about to explode if the guy said one more thing wrong and she was nervous about that.

Chris smiled to himself and let the next words fly out of his mouth with confidence, “Well beautiful, when Shadows is done with ya just swing my way,” and then he blew a kiss at her.

Before anyone could respond Shadows had stood and flipped Chris onto his back against the table and had his knife out. Chris looked at him with fear as the knife was pressed against his neck, “I want you to apologize to my girl,” Shadows stated calmly, even though he was raging inside.

Chris turned his head to the side to look at the black girl he just insulted, “I’m so…sorry,” he stuttered out. Then he turned back to her captor, “Please let me go,” he begged.

The dimples in Shadows face showed as he smiled down at the man, “Not before I do this,” he said and motioned for Syn, “Hold him.”

Syn did what was requested of him and held the man down. When Chris’ men tried to move forward guns were drawn out and pointed at them stopping them in their tracks. Turning to Johnny Shadows said, “Take her to the car,” which Johnny hurriedly did.

When Shadows was sure that Danika wouldn’t see what was happening he took a hold of Chris’ face, “I am going to make sure you won’t be able to talk for a while,” he told the man and then reached for the inside of Chris’ mouth. Taking his knife Shadows cut one cheek completely and then he did the same to the other.

Chris screamed out in pain, but the pain was ten times worse since his cheeks were separated. He brought his hands to his face to bring them back together as he tried not to scream or talk since it moved his cheeks. His men were finally able to get to him and they rushed him away, but before they got far Shadows shouted, “Let that be a listen to you, bitch,” then he took his knife wiped it off and walked over to the middle SUV where Danika and Johnny were waiting.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the late update, but here it is.