Ice in My Veins

048

It was about a week later and Danika sat at the desk writing notes and reading articles on Matt’s disorder. She wanted Shadows gone and the only way to make that happen was to get Matt to face what ordeal caused Shadows to appear. She even went as far as reaching the death of Tommy, Johnny’s older brother.

She was so deep in thought and researching that she didn’t hear the door open or notice Matt walk up behind her. as he watched what she was reading he became furious and Matt changed into Shadows. Placing his hand down on the paper she was writing on he watched with zeal as she stiffened in surprise.

“So, this is what you’ve been up to,” he stated calmly. “You think you can get rid of me,” he asked her.

Danika turned to look up at him and saw the fury within the dark brown depths of his eyes, “I don’t think I can, I know I can,” she answered as she looked him right in the eyes.

Not liking her reply he lashed out and grabbed her by the throat making her stand up. He backed her against the wall and started to slowly apply pressure to her neck, “I’m going to make you see who you are dealing with,” Shadows said.

Even though she was starting to loose air she didn’t stop looking into his eyes begging Matt to fight and show up, “Matt…I want to speak to Matt,” she got out.

“Matt doesn’t show unless I allow him to,” Shadows stated with a smirk.

“Ma…Matt c-come on. F-fight h-h-him,” she gasped out.

She was starting to loose consciousness when she felt her neck being released. Gasping for breath she slide down the wall and placed her hand over her swollen abdomen. She felt the babies kick and she gave a relieved sigh that they were okay.

When she was able to catch her breath she looked over to see Matt sitting on the floor as well. She reached out to him and touched his arm, but he pulled away, “Don’t touch me,” he simply said, but she didn’t listen. Instead she moved over to him.

“Matt,” she cooed to him.

Shaking his head he stood up and walked over to the door, “I can’t do this. I almost killed you,” he said and then walked out slamming the door behind him.

Danika looked at the closed door as she heaved herself off the floor. She took a deep breath and sat back at the computer. She needed to help him out as soon as she could because she knew that if she didn’t the next time she encountered Shadows she could end up dead.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys sorry about not updating, but there is some major drama in my life now. I hope you all understand. Thanks for sticking with me. Lovers you guys like a fat kid loves cake or candy :)

Queenie