Ice in My Veins

050

It was days later after the incident and Matt still hadn’t returned to the room or even seen or talked to her. it was hurting that he was doing this, but she knew that he was trying to protect her from himself. She was in the room laying on the couch with Johnny watching soaps when he turned to her, “hey maybe you should get some rest,” he told her.
Turning her head towards him she shook her head, “I can’t. I can’t sleep without him,” she told him and went back to watching the T.V.
Johnny looked at her and sighed, “Can you please try, at least for the babies,” he asked worried that she was putting to much stress on her and the babies.
She looked back at him, “I’m trying Johnny. I really am, but can’t seem to sleep unless he’s there. It’s like they notice that he’s gone,” she said as she felt a tear run down her cheek.
Danika was frustrated about everything. She didn’t understand why after everything that he did to her that she was in love with him. She looked up Stockholm Syndrome or better known as Captor Bonding and noticed that she showed a few of the signs though she didn’t show them all.
Letting out a sigh she got up from the couch and walked over to the bed and laid down on top of the covers. Closing her eyes she took deep breaths and concentrated on going to sleep. Even though she felt like she couldn’t she made herself relax when all she wanted to do was get up and run to him.
Johnny watched as she had walked to the bed and laid down. Turning off the TV he made his way to the door and shut it. Running his hand over his head he looked back at the closed door and his heart broke. He knew that he loved Danika and nothing would even change that. Even her being with Matt didn’t change that. He loved her and that was finally. He would die before he let anything happen to her. Needing a drink he went down stairs.
Danika wait a few minutes before she heard Johnny’s footsteps go down the hall to make sure that he was truly gone. Getting up she put on her slippers and made her way to the door and left the room. She wanted to go where she would be comfortable.
Heading towards the room that she knew that Matt was staying in. Once there she tried the door handle and found that it was opened. Walking in quietly made her way in and noticed that the room was a smaller version of their room.
After she was able to look around she noticed a figure in the bed that was near the window and she made her way or to the prone shape. As she got further into the room she heard him speak, “What are you doing,” came the sharp question.
Stopping in her tracks a few feet away from the bed she answered, “I missed you,” she said as she rubbed the side of her swollen stomach.
Sitting up Shadows looked at the girl in front of her, “C’mon,” he motioned with his big hand she rush to the unoccupied side of the bed and climb in.
As fast as lighting Shadows grabbed her by her neck right when her head hit the pillow. He wasn’t squeezing, but he wanted to show her that he was in control, “You know I can kill you, right,” he asked her quietly.
Looking him in the eye she replied, “I know.”
“But yet you still came, why?”
“Because I love you,” she whispered and touched his face with her small hand.
Closing his eyes for a moment he battled himself while she watched. After a moment she spoke again breaking the silence, “Matt,” she said lovingly.
Opening his eyes at the sound of his name he looked down at the woman that just said that she loved him. He felt something break in his heart and he reached down and kissed her on the lips before he answered, “Yes, Danika.”
“I’m sleepy, will you hold me,” she asked and he nodded his head. As he gathered her close she buried herself into his side as far as she could before she closed her eyes and feel into a long awaited sleep.
After awhile he heard her even breathing he kissed her forehead as he thought about what she had said. She loved him and he didn’t even know why even after all the shit he’s done to her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay guys so sorry about the delay. It was my birthdy yesterday and my mom had her surgery and she is doing great. also, nonnie is writing the next chapter for stripper and i don't know if she is finished or not since she no longer has teh net at home. so, i will be updating all my other stories in the mean time. so hope you enjoyed this one. others on their way.