Ice in My Veins

051

Danika didn’t know how long she slept for, but when she woke up in was dark out and knew that he had to have been for a while. As she shifted to move she felt an arm tighten around her. When she was back against Matt’s chest she turned herself to face him and snuggled up to him as far as her stomach would allow.
The lights were out, but from the light that was spilling in from the moon she could make out the outline of his face which wasn’t to far from hers and leaned over to kiss his lips. Leaning back she gave a sigh and laid her head on the same pillow as his.
Matt pressed his lips against her forehead before he pressed his own against hers, “You okay,” he asked.
She nodded her yeah, “I am now,” she told him, “I just needed you.”
Matt pulled her closer and wrapped both arms around her, “You don’t need me,” he told her.
She smiled up at him and said, “But I do need you and so do your children. They were giving me hell while you were gone.”
He moved his left arm that was resting on her hip and moved it to her stomach gently rubbing it, “How so,” he asked.
“They kept kicking me and making me uneasy. Then at night it was like they couldn’t sleep either which kept me up. I haven’t really slept since you left,” she told him as she yawned, “and now all they want to do is rest since they know Daddy’s near,” she finished as she inhaled his scent.
“So they knew I was M.I.A, huh?”
“Um hum,” she mumbled as she felt herself start back to sleep, “and now all they want to do is catch up on the sleep they lost.”
Matt laughed at her as he watched her struggle to stay awake, “Then go back to sleep. I’m not going anywhere,” he told her then kissed her lips again.
“Promise,” she asked sleepily.
“Promise,” he answered.
He held her in his arms until he was certain that she was back to sleep. After a while he got up and made his way to the small balcony that was attached to the room and looked out towards the coast. He hoped with all his heart that he could keep his promise to the girl who was lying in the bed because deep down inside he was beginning to realize that he loved her as well.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry guys that I forgot to update, but I just started school again. I went back to get a minor in folklore. So yeah I was just preparing for that and just getting settled into my new place. Forgivers me.

Queenie.

PS if you want to be in my next fanfic which will be an A7X story with some other pop in quests let me know.

PPS visit fanficpassion